Author Topic: New Jobs - claims by obama campaign  (Read 1154 times)

Offline radioman

• A Regular
New Jobs - claims by obama campaign
« on: May 08, 2012, 08:50:35 AM »
Teaser:
After detailing the economic woes before Obama took office, the ad credits Obama policies for rescuing the auto industry and adding 4.2 million private sector jobs.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/obama-launches-25-million-were-coming-back-ad-2344580.html

I keep hearing these guys saying that Obama has added a million private sector jobs in this month's report, but I don't see any backup proof. Nothing but claims. Does anybody have any links that show where and how these jobs were created?
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Re: New Jobs - claims by obama campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:08:23 AM »
I keep hearing these guys saying that Obama has added a million private sector jobs in this month's report, but I don't see any backup proof. Nothing but claims. Does anybody have any links that show where and how these jobs were created?

I've never read anything that says that, no.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:25:49 AM »
New Jobs are being added they aren't lying about that.  They are simply omitting the fact that we still have 4% fewer jobs than we started with, and that doesn't account for the population growth in the meantime. And there is evidence that job creation ( as meager as it is ) has begun trending downwards again  If  that trend continues ( which higher summer gas prices will probably guarantee )  they won't be able to claim job growth at all.  And the double standard is just staggering.. The Bush economy added 300,000 jobs a month, unemployment was at 6%  and all you heard was "jobless recovery"  because the jobs weren't they right type of jobs etc. Meanwhile those hardest hit are the young- the morons who voted for  him first time around.  

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 09:32:51 AM »
I've never seen an administration try to claim that jobs added are tantamount to net jobs gained. It boggles the mind that they would even try. They are going on two assumptions: 1) enough Americans are stupid enough to believe them, and 2) the media will largely allow them to make the claim unchallenged.

They are counting on this lie being absorbed into the claims/counterclaims of the campaign.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 10:38:32 AM »
If you look deep enough figures never lie, they are just manipulated, misapplied and misinterpretated...but liars always figure, and nobody figures like this Regime!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 10:55:37 AM »
I've never seen an administration try to claim that jobs added are tantamount to net jobs gained. It boggles the mind that they would even try. They are going on two assumptions: 1) enough Americans are stupid enough to believe them, and 2) the media will largely allow them to make the claim unchallenged.

They are counting on this lie being absorbed into the claims/counterclaims of the campaign.

"Jobs Saved or Created"  was never challenged. Liberals just accept without thinking, like they accept everything else.
We "saved" all of those Auto jobs! Never you mind it was done with printed money which essentially came from a tax on your savings, and forced them to create a product no one will buy!  Layoffs Saved till after the election!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 08:48:49 PM »

So, it's not only a net loss but a net, net loss and
Joe the plumber with 4 new employees is %400
up on Obama and his whole Federal apparatus.