Author Topic: "Do You Think We're Stupid?"  (Read 2800 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
"Do You Think We're Stupid?"
« on: March 17, 2011, 02:40:58 AM »
http://vimeo.com/21134471

In which, nationally syndicated talk show host Hugh Hewitt goes several rounds with one of the Republicans in the House who doesn't seem to get the message about government spending.

I'm sure that later today someone will put this up on youtube. For now, you have to go to Brietbart and watch it there.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: "Do You Think We're Stupid?"
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 04:59:43 AM »

In which, nationally syndicated talk show host Hugh Hewitt goes several rounds with one of the Republicans in the House who doesn't seem to get the message about government spending.

I'm sure that later today someone will put this up on youtube. For now, you have to go to Brietbart and watch it there.

Of course they think we're stupid !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 06:46:29 AM »
Isn't making that assumption the calling card of The Butthead?

Ruling Class pukes, they're an endangered species soon to be made extinct!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 02:20:31 PM »

Appropriators.

Apropos!

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 04:00:05 PM »
Hugh Hewitt has always been a Republican-before-conservative conservative, and a GOP party man who places victory and an (R) before principle. Even though he's one of the first conservative voices that drew me to conservatism, he lost me a long time ago because of that, and put the cork in when he shilled for Mitt Romney in the primaries to the extent of doing everything he could to ridicule, belittle, and undercut all of Romney's opposition.

But Hewitt's dead-on here. Kingston doesn't get it. GOP leadership doesn't get it. They think we're stupid. We did what we could to right the ship and send them the strongest message we could by bringing new blood into the House last November. Leadership parroted the successful campaign rhetoric of those successful Tea Party candidates, and rode back into congress on promises they never intended to keep. Failing to keep them will be the undoing of the party and the country.

Hearing that simpering fool Kingston try to 'splainaway the GOP's shame and weasel his way out of committing to unfund those things he promised to unfund makes me feel violent.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 01:50:07 AM »
I think, though, that the Tea Party activists are mature enough and savvy enough to realize that the solution here is to primary the RINOs. I will probably sit down sometime in the next few days and write Kingston a letter telling him that I look forward to sending some money to his primary opponent. If enough people do that it might put some serious fear into them. You never know.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 07:12:39 AM »
(My epiphany)

Hit 'em where it hurts.
Go directly to GOP Party headquarters instead of fruitlessly writing my idiot Rep. Why not approach the local Party President? You're not going to run that fool again? Do you want my money?   Supported by facts of his recent votes and quotes illustrate why he is the wrong candidate and then elaborate how I will work to oppose him and not support a Party that insists on running a candidate whose is not an advocate.

They must understand that 1/2 a loaf is not enough. Why? One moldy slice of bread will ruin the whole loaf.

This probably won't work in BigCity but in Littleton the distance between average Joe and the Chief is just down the street. The newspaper is eight pages and comments go round the town. As small as this town is it is the second largest voting block (population center) for my rep.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 07:17:13 AM »
Agreed Trap, but fear isn't enough.  We've seen that backfire already.  They need to be thouroughly defeated in primaries.  And Charles makes some really good points in going about that.  For myself, I am going to get a lot more involved locally to be sure the right voices are heard from.  There simply is no other way.  We cannot keep riding with the same old horses and think cracking the whip this time will get them to get it!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 11:01:22 AM »

radioman was in a good spot to have someone worth supporting.
I tried the civics route; represented my precinct to the county only to discover that "the machine" had already made the decisions for us (precinct reps) and our position  :mooning:: was that of cheerleader for the team. 

You are a team player aren't you sonny?

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 11:02:16 AM »

radioman was in a good spot to have someone worth supporting.
I tried the civics route; represented my precinct to the county only to discover that "the machine" had already made the decisions for us (precinct reps) and our position  :mooning:: was that of cheerleader for the team. 

You are a team player aren't you sonny?

You must be talking about Ted Poe!! He is great!
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 01:21:27 PM »
The fact that he kept trying to refer to this as 2nd quarter football also shows how completely they don't get it. i.e. "There's plenty of football left to play". No, there's not.

Hewitt finally responded to that lame analogy towards the end. We may be in the "2nd quarter" as far as the current House session timeline is concerned, but we're down 45-0. That's a scenario where you have to unleash the offense.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 01:25:07 PM »
The fact that he kept trying to refer to this as 2nd quarter football also shows how completely they don't get it. i.e. "There's plenty of football left to play". No, there's not.

Hewitt finally responded to that lame analogy towards the end. We may be in the "2nd quarter" as far as the current House session timeline is concerned, but we're down 45-0. That's a scenario where you have to unleash the offense.

Yeah.  Too bad all this bunch likes to do is run the ball every down and go nowhere, and favoring "prevent defense" when the opposition has the ball...and just like in the NFL, prevent defense prevents nothing...except victory!

::bashing::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 01:46:58 PM »

I also liked it when Hugh said "the fans are leaving the stadium." That kind of analogous pablum isn't gonna cut it anymore, especially with the majority of the talk radio listening audience.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 01:47:15 PM »
eah.  Too bad all this bunch likes to do is run the ball every down and go nowhere, and favoring "prevent defense" when the opposition has the ball...and just like in the NFL, prevent defense prevents nothing...except victory!

That describes the coaching philosophy of the Panthers to a tee, under their last coach John Fox. Now the Broncos have him. Sorry Denver!

And yes, it describes the Republican leadership too. Running a "prevent" defense just means you get your ass handed to you on 7-8 yard plays, not unlike the incrementalism of liberalism over the past 90 years. Then when the Republicans finally get the ball back, it's a 3-and-out. Only difference is now they're not even waiting for 4th down to punt the ball. Pathetic!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 01:54:27 PM »
Yup.  Fans will be definitely be leaving the stadium in droves...and in the 2nd quarter...down 45-0!

::cussing::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 02:47:15 PM »

Of course they think we're stupid !

They rely on it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie