Author Topic: Tax Fraud  (Read 1997 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Tax Fraud
« on: May 04, 2012, 11:41:57 AM »

Each spring, at tax preparation offices all across the nation, many illegal immigrants are now eagerly filing tax returns to take advantage of a tax loophole, using their ITIN numbers to get huge refunds from the IRS.

The loophole is called the Additional Child Tax Credit. It’s a fully-refundable credit of up to $1000 per child, and it’s meant to help working families who have children living at home.

But 13 Investigates has found many undocumented workers are claiming the tax credit for kids who live in Mexico – lots of kids in Mexico.

“We’ve seen sometimes 10 or 12 dependents, most times nieces and nephews, on these tax forms,” the whistleblower told Eyewitness News. “The more you put on there, the more you get back.”

The whistleblower has thousands of examples, and he brought some of them to 13 Investigates. While identifying information such as names and addresses on the tax returns was redacted, it was still clear that the tax filers had received large tax refunds after claiming additional child tax credits for many dependents.

::outrage::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Tax Fraud
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 12:02:18 PM »
Why am I not suprised.

Que pasa?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 02:05:13 PM »
Saw this.  Thought of Weisshaupt's actions of last resort:  climb aboard the handout gravy train, help crash the system.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 07:00:31 AM »
Stop the engine, eh?

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 10:28:11 AM »
 ::gaah::

And my daughter makes a small error on her return and we get notices like she's a criminal! 

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »

And my daughter makes a small error on her return and we get notices like she's a criminal! 

You should see how the IRS & state Dept's of Rev treat small business people!  First off, nobody knows how to communicate with people in their own fricken departments so you have to explain your damn story to somebody new all the time, they send out letters that look like they came off the central committee boilerplate presses, they are incapable of being held to their own bullsh*t, and it takes so long to resolve the simplest little thing I swear they do it all on purpose hoping people give up and just bend over and fork more money over to them.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »

We had something similar happen this year to LV. Our filing from last year involved a 401K rollover into an IRA - which should have happened with no tax penalty. But the IRS didn't see it that way and assessed us a $7,000.00 penalty. We've gotten it straightened out now but it was a real pita to do.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 12:46:25 PM »
From the Indiana news video:

[blockquote]Reporter: "The IRS DOES know what's going on. "13 Investigates" has proof the agency has known about this problem for years, and officials here in IRS headquarters have done absolutely nothing to stop it."[/blockquote]

At one time I would have chalked this up to bureaucratic ineptitude. But knowing how things have "progressed" and how flagrantly the government has been trying to spend the country into insolvency, I can now only assume that this is by design. Cloward-Piven.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 01:46:22 PM »
Yup, the travelers have had several decades to infest every bureaucracy known...