Author Topic: More United Nations Crap  (Read 4787 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
More United Nations Crap
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:37:46 PM »
LINK

A United Nations investigator probing discrimination against Native Americans has called on the US government to return some of the land stolen from Indian tribes as a step toward combatting continuing and systemic racial discrimination.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

Re: More United Nations Crap
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 12:24:20 AM »

::speechless::

They've got land.

Link

EPA region [6] encompassing Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas and 66Tribal Nations, recently summed up the Obama Administration’s policy toward the oil and gas industry – crucify them.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 01:45:29 PM »
Anytime white liberals get on their moral high horse about land being stolen from the Indians, I ask them if they've signed the deed to their home over to the nearest tribe yet? Why not?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 02:07:32 PM »
Here's another story on this

Are there real troubles on tribal reservations in the U.S.? Yes. But there’s a very good argument that the problem is not lack of land, but a smothering and dispiriting mix of federal subsidies and regulatory intervention, including selective favors that enrich a few but do worse than nothing for the rest.

Rather than address that, the Obama administration has focused on providing a $1 billion settlement, announced last month, for claims dating back more than 100 years,  or, as The Independent Sentinel described it, “Obama Buying Native American Votes.”

Whatever one’s view of that settlement, apparently it was not enough to satisfy the administration — which also called in reinforcements from the UN, in the form of inviting Anaya to “visit” his own native haunts, and provide a UN condemnation and prescription for the doings of America.

So after having 'given' out some tribal 'reparations' to the tune of $1 billion last month, Obama also INVITED the UN to conduct their 'investigation'.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:11:38 PM by BMG »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 05:01:27 AM »

Are there real troubles on tribal reservations in the U.S.? Yes. But there’s a very good argument that the problem is not lack of land, but a smothering and dispiriting mix of federal subsidies and regulatory intervention, including selective favors that enrich a few but do worse than nothing for the rest.

Rather than address that, the Obama administration has focused on providing a $1 billion settlement, announced last month, for claims dating back more than 100 years,  or, as The Independent Sentinel described it, “Obama Buying Native American Votes.”

Whatever one’s view of that settlement, apparently it was not enough to satisfy the administration — which also called in reinforcements from the UN, in the form of inviting Anaya to “visit” his own native haunts, and provide a UN condemnation and prescription for the doings of America.

So after having 'given' out some tribal 'reparations' to the tune of $1 billion last month, Obama also INVITED the UN to conduct their 'investigation'.

How about $1B in Wal-Mart gift cards ? They could buy all kinds of beads and cheap trinkets ... then maybe they'd shut the hell up for a while !

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 02:19:23 PM »

How about $1B in Wal-Mart gift cards ? They could buy all kinds of beads and cheap trinkets ... then maybe they'd shut the hell up for a while !

When is the UN going to get the boot??
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 02:37:46 PM »

Just as soon as we get some leadership in Washington that has a set of b*lls...

...until then I'm afraid we will have to continue to suffer this enemy within our borders.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »

That's what I was thinking.  They're a fifth column operating out of one of our prime pieces of real estate ... err ... the indians' former prime pieces of real estate.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 04:49:29 PM »

That's what I was thinking.  They're a fifth column operating out of one of our prime pieces of real estate ... err ... the indians' former prime pieces of real estate.

That's on iece of real estate that I would be happy to return to the tribe.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline robins111

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 09:49:12 AM »
You think,that's bull, one of these morons came to Canada and sniveled that we had food insecurity, because our natives were fat 'obese'.  As such we should raise taxes and shut down the oil sands...

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 10:09:09 AM »
You think,that's bull, one of these morons came to Canada and sniveled that we had food insecurity, because our natives were fat 'obese'.  As such we should raise taxes and shut down the oil sands...

Indeed. The solution to every "crisis" is something from the Leftist agenda wish-list.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 12:06:54 PM »
I still say the concept of "native American's" has been hijacked from the white man!

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,5026.msg55131.html#msg55131
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 07:07:02 PM »
Even if you accepted the idea that they were the first human inhabitants of the Americas (they weren't) what exactly is their claim of exclusivity? That they wandered over from Siberia when it was connected to Alaska? How is that any more righteous or noble a claim than when some Europeans wandered over the Atlantic in boats?

It sort of reminds me of Monty Python, when a mob is being whipped up against the Romans. "What good have the Romans ever done, eh?!"

"Uhh...roads?"

"And medicine!"

"Writing!"

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »

It's more gibberish.  Who were the Germans before they were conquered from
the north, there's barely a clue, and no remnant. Any settled area other than Israel and Afghanistan do we know for certain the original occupants? No.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 08:23:27 AM »
Even if you accepted the idea that they were the first human inhabitants of the Americas (they weren't) what exactly is their claim of exclusivity? That they wandered over from Siberia when it was connected to Alaska? How is that any more righteous or noble a claim than when some Europeans wandered over the Atlantic in boats?

It sort of reminds me of Monty Python, when a mob is being whipped up against the Romans. "What good have the Romans ever done, eh?!"

"Uhh...roads?"

"And medicine!"

"Writing!"

And...

History of the World Part 1 Plumbing

::hysterical::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 08:29:33 AM »

It's more gibberish.  Who were the Germans before they were conquered from
the north, there's barely a clue, and no remnant. Any settled area other than Israel and Afghanistan do we know for certain the original occupants? No.

Plus, the reason why people (usually agenda-driven people) want to make a "first" claim is because they are looking for something...money (reparations, funding...some sort of shakedown) and for respect (because they are suffering from institutionalized low self-esteem) and because they think they can shame people into feeling sorry for them and they enrich themselves and their "group" by running that scam.  The classic is slavery, which makes me laugh...if anybody takes an honest look at history since man occupied earth...everyone has been enslaved, murdered or persecuted by one group or another...all are victims...nobody is innocent...so I just want to scream STFD and STFU!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 05:27:14 PM »
I'm still waiting for the UN to monitor our elections. It's got to be coming pretty soon. ::bashing::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 08:09:07 PM »
I'm still waiting for the UN to monitor our elections. It's got to be coming pretty soon. ::bashing::

Not funny not funny at all.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 08:45:16 PM »
They've already done it.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 07:22:48 AM »
Didn't they review FL or something?  I forget, but yeah, Leftists let that trash in...I want it thrown all the way out! 

::asskicking::