Author Topic: More United Nations Crap  (Read 4839 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Re: More United Nations Crap
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 04:20:12 PM »
LINK

The United Nations is considering a new Internet tax targeting the largest Web content providers, including Google, Facebook, Apple, and Netflix, that could cripple their ability to reach users in developing nations.

The European proposal, offered for debate at a December meeting of a U.N. agency called the International Telecommunication Union, would amend an existing telecommunications treaty by imposing heavy costs on popular Web sites and their network providers for the privilege of serving non-U.S. users, according to newly leaked documents.

The documents (No. 1 No. 2) punctuate warnings that the Obama administration and Republican members of Congress raised last week about how secret negotiations at the ITU over an international communications treaty could result in a radical re-engineering of the Internet ecosystem and allow governments to monitor or restrict their citizens' online activities.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 04:23:04 PM »
Google deserves everything bad its way comes.  As for the concept, FU to the UN.

God, every day ........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline robins111

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 05:24:29 PM »
A Canadian Member of Parliament has demanded that we withdraw from that international cesspool called the UN..    Larry Miller,  (Conservative).

charlesoakwood

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »

::thumbsup::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2012, 05:49:53 PM »
A Canadian Member of Parliament has demanded that we withdraw from that international cesspool called the UN..    Larry Miller,  (Conservative).

Sounds great to me!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2012, 08:30:29 PM »

Who could ever believe that a Canadian is leading the way to real sense.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 01:18:41 PM »
Didn't they review FL or something?  I forget, but yeah, Leftists let that trash in...I want it thrown all the way out! 

::asskicking::

I must have missed it.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 07:28:54 AM »
Google deserves everything bad its way comes.  As for the concept, FU to the UN.

God, every day ........

Agreed!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 09:28:18 PM »
LINK

A proposal within an earlier draft agenda for the conference called for the “contraction and convergence for over- and under-consumers of natural resources,” CFACT noted. Given President Obama’s oft-repeated statistic that the United States produces 2 percent of the world’s oil but uses 20 percent, this proposal would affect the American economy significantly.

We aspire to nothing less than a global movement for generational change,” UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon said earlier this year.

Another proposal would spread the cost of green investment throughout society, at an estimated cost of $1,300 per American family.  “We call for the fulfilment of all official development assistance commitments, including the commitments by many developed countries to achieve the target of 0.7 per cent of gross national product for official development assistance to developing countries by 2015,” the earlier draft says.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2012, 01:22:46 AM »
They can kiss my A$$.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »
LINK

The EU should "do its best to undermine" the "homogeneity" of its member states, the UN's special representative for migration has said.

So the UN openly admits that they would like to see the 'homogeneity' of the EU member-states undermined. That should really be setting off alarm bells in the minds of all the EU voters. Aside from that however, is there any question in the minds of anyone here that they (over at the UN) aren't actively trying to do that same thing here in the US? If they're willing to do it in Europe I see absolutely no reason why they wouldn't look to do it here. Of course, all of us here already know this. We see the evidence regularly. It actually makes me wonder if the seeming unwillingness of our own politicians on both sides of the political spectrum aren't actually being influenced in some way by the UN in regards to our 'immigration' policies (if you can call what we do now policies - they're more like completely vacant and meaningless policies).

Regardless, it's nice to have this information all in one place so that we can direct those less-versed in the ways of incrementalism to it in order for them to become enlightened.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2012, 12:53:33 PM »
What they mean is, destroy homogeneity in White countries. It's ok to have homogeneous black countries, or homogeneous Arab countries, or homogeneous whatever else countries.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2012, 09:27:03 AM »
LINK

Another subsidiary of the United Nations, the World Health Organization (WHO), is also looking to self-fund through global taxes. The WHO in 2010 publicly considered asking for global consumer taxes on internet activity, online bill paying, or the always popular financial transaction tax. Currently the WHO is pushing for increased excise taxes on cigarettes, but with an important condition that they get a slice of the added revenue. The so-called Solidarity Tobacco Contribution would provide billions of dollars to the WHO, but with no ability for taxpayers or national governments to monitor how the money is spent.

So, since everyone is sympathetic to allowing government entities to enact sin taxes, looks like the UN is trying to pry open that door on a global level. They always try to get their foot in the door by the easiest means necessary and then, once that door is open...

...yeah, you know how it all ends. Or rather, more accurately; how it all NEVER ends...the big government wheel just keeps right on spinning.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2012, 09:35:03 AM »

All of them from city councilman up are leaches.
Taxes, taxes, taxes, license, permit, fee; Blood Suckers.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 11:52:40 AM »
Anybody here trying to impose this will be hanging from a light post...

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 12:33:49 PM »
Anybody here trying to impose this will be hanging from a light post...

Only in a perfect world, I'm afraid.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 07:31:16 PM »
I know, I always aim high.   ::)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2012, 09:46:06 AM »
LINK

American taxpayers shell out billions to the United Nations system every year. So what does that money help pay for?

Well, one thing that U.S. taxes help fund is the UN’s quest for new ways to impose yet more taxes, which the UN would like to see collected and spent not by national authorities, but by some global authority, such as, well, the UN itself. These taxes would in turn help finance UN planning of the global economy — a process which, to judge by the record, would then generate yet more UN proposals for yet more taxes. As an exercise in proliferation, it’s almost elegant.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2012, 08:05:25 PM »
DEFUND!  EVICT!  DEFUND!  EVICT!  DEFUND!  EVICT!  DEFUND!  EVICT!  DEFUND!  EVICT!  DEFUND!  EVICT!  DEFUND!  EVICT!  DEFUND!  EVICT!