Author Topic: Orca Winfrey's decline  (Read 1878 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Orca Winfrey's decline
« on: May 07, 2012, 12:43:05 PM »
LINK

Cool. It's always nice to see leftists falling on their faces and particularly enjoyable when they also happen to be overblown windbags!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Orca Winfrey's decline
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 12:50:30 PM »
You can mark her fall from the pedestal to the moment she claimed Barack Hussein Obama was "The One".

I'd love to see her eaten up as the useful idiot she is.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 01:08:11 PM »
And I thought it was all rainbows and puppy dogs when Rosie got axed...this is just the icing on the cake!  ::danceban::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 04:51:01 PM »
And I thought it was all rainbows and puppy dogs when Rosie got axed...this is just the icing on the cake!  ::danceban::

I think I'm enjoying this just a little more. Not much, but more. ::bustamove::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 07:03:50 AM »
FAIL!   ::laughonfloor::

Throw Orca to the sharks!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:37:13 AM »
You can mark her fall from the pedestal to the moment she claimed Barack Hussein Obama was "The One".

I'd love to see her eaten up as the useful idiot she is.

What an ego and so insulated from reality.  I agree her fall began when she endorsed BO.  Yet she didn't see it.  This network might have had a chance 5-8 years ago.

I just glanced at the scehedule for today (Tuesday).  It's obviously filler--which makes sense who could watch Oprah 24/7?  For a good part of the day there seems to be a marathon on today called Deranged--episode after episode about serial killers.  Not sure that's the Oprah viewer.

link
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 08:58:42 AM »

For a good part of the day there seems to be a marathon on today called Deranged--episode after episode about serial killers.  Not sure that's the Oprah viewer.

Of course it is LV! The average Orca viewer has to be deranged to watch!  ::angel::
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 09:03:23 AM »

For a good part of the day there seems to be a marathon on today called Deranged--episode after episode about serial killers.  Not sure that's the Oprah viewer.

Of course it is LV! The average Orca viewer has to be deranged to watch!  ::angel::

::laughonfloor::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 09:03:49 AM »
The headline is a $330 million loss but the article actually says this:

Discovery, which partnered with Winfrey to launch the network and has been underwriting its costs, has invested nearly $600 million in it since 2008, according to an extensive report in Businessweek magazine.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.