Author Topic: Lugargeddon: Endangered RINO Bagged In Indiana  (Read 1788 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Lugargeddon: Endangered RINO Bagged In Indiana
« on: May 08, 2012, 06:49:45 PM »
Very, very nice.

NBC News has declared Richard Mourdock as the projected winner in the Indiana Senate primary. Mourdock defeated six-term Republican foreign policy elder statesman Sen. Richard Lugar.

Mourdock is backed by conservatives ranging from the National Rifle Association to local Tea Party activists to the Washington-based fiscal conservative group the Club for Growth.

With more than 20 percent of precincts reporting, Mourdock was winning 61 percent of the vote.
Looking toward the November election, National Republican Senatorial Committee chairman Sen. John Cornyn of Texas said two weeks ago that “it will probably make it more of a contest if Sen. Lugar is not the nominee, but I’m confident we’ll hold the seat.”

I suppose that Murkowski hag will be encouraging him to run third party or something.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:53:33 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

Re: Lugargeddon: Endangered RINO Bagged In Indiana
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 07:00:39 PM »

POS Cornyn sounds as if he's going to actually pass money on to a
conservative.  Oh, that's right, he's up for election in two years.
He may be a RINO but he's not that stupid.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 07:23:12 PM »
Cornyn may be next. Two years is a long time. You just never know.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 07:54:22 PM »

We can hope.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 07:58:38 PM »
::bustamove:: ::danceban:: ::newyear:: ::cool:: ::thumbsup:: ::rimshot:: ::whoohoo:: ::rolllaughing:: ::USA::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:18:07 PM »
Peggy Noonan, David Brooks, and Karl Rove begin to meltdown in 3...2...1...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 08:47:04 PM »
Please take note of the margin of victory. Just a few days ago Mourdock was polling at an (at the time) unbelievable 10% over Lugar.

Today it looks as if he will win with 60% of the vote for a 20% margin of victory. I would say that the Republican voters of Indiana decided to send a message. Just what that message is* will be argued over for the next day or so but I think that a case can be made that at least part of that message is a shot over the bow to the Romney campaign. Specifically, I think, that message might be something along the lines of, "Hey, lib boy...you had better tow that conservative line or else."

Coincidentally, the NC voters (all of them) voted in a very, very conservative ballot initiative with roughly the same margins. That is more than a little bit funny coming from the (apparently and suddenly) Democratic dysfunctional home to the DNC convention this fall. They may as well have picked Texas.

This may turn out to be a disappointing election season but so far it's looking pretty good and if nothing else it will be interesting. I think that the O'Bongo machine has maybe not as much magic as people are giving it credit for and the next few months could be illustrative of that. I sure hope so, anyway. It's been a while since we have seen a truly incompetent campaign from start to finish and I could use the laughs.

Oh, and next up is the Walker recall vote. Things will truly become unhinged in O'Bongoland if that vote goes for Walker. If it goes big (as in really big) for Walker then we might witness a real meltdown on the Democrat side. Think of it as the political equivalent of Haley's Comet. Once in a lifetime. One can dream.

*Admittedly, the easiest answer to the whole message thing is, "Hey, RINO-boy who doesn't even live here...you're 80 frickin' years old and have been in office longer than a lot of people have been alive. Time to retire your lead ass and let someone else have a turn at the controls."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:54:13 PM by trapeze »

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 09:06:21 PM »
This is a time to rejoice.

Since becoming a pessimist, I'll wait to see if there are any real changes.

I feel like I've entered Dante's Inferno.
Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 09:16:21 PM »
Peggy Noonan, David Brooks, and Karl Rove begin to meltdown in 3...2...1...

A message has been sent to the establisment that the TEA party is alive and well and both the establishment and Obama need to pay attention.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 09:18:38 PM »
to local Tea Party activists

Huh.  I thought they were all supposed to be dead or sumpin'.

/Neener neener neener!   ::danceban::
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 09:34:24 PM »
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 10:14:32 PM »

Yeah, Rush was talking about this last week I think it was.  He said everyone thinks the Tea Party is over cuz they're not rallying much any more.  He said nope they've just shifted in to getting candidates elected.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 10:28:08 PM »

Yeah, Rush was talking about this last week I think it was.  He said everyone thinks the Tea Party is over cuz they're not rallying much any more.  He said nope they've just shifted in to getting candidates elected.

That ^^.

We came, we rallied and solidified into driving more concrete results.

Neener, neener is right.  I hope.

LV, check your PMs, woman.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 07:29:35 AM »
Trap is right, this is a massive defeat for a longtime incumbent Senator...it sends the message that while the Tea Party may not be publically vocal right now, they are quite active in the political arena and this tells others who may be waffling to sing a new tune or get steamrolled.  And I think the message to Romney is obvious, but I guess we'll find out in the coming months if he is paying attention or if he has grown tone deaf and runs the moderate campaign I fear he'll run now that the nomination is all but wrapped up.

But knocking Lugar out is a fantastic start toward reinfusing conservatism into the GOP.

::thumbsup::

NEXT!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 10:07:05 AM »
Had to post this from John Hayward who stated a great potential slogan for Obamakov:
Obama 2012: “It Is As It Was, Depending On What ‘Is’ Is.”

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=51387
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 10:09:09 AM »
Bet this has shaken Orrin Hatch a bit. He said this recently when he failed to get the GOP nomination and is being forced to a primary:

This year’s race essentially began in 2010, when former Utah Sen. Bob Bennett was ousted by delegates fueled by tea party politics.

Hatch reportedly remarked: “These people are not conservatives. They’re not Republicans…They’re radical libertarians and I’m doggone offended by it.”

“I despise these people, and I’m not the guy you come in and dump on without getting punched in the mouth,” he continued.

Immediately recognizing the challenge he would likely face from such groups, Hatch launched one of the most well-organized and expensive campaigns in the state’s history. Since the beginning of 2011, he has spent more than $5 million – and he still has $3 million to spend on a primary.

Hatch has also shifted his rhetoric to the right over the past two years to address the claims that he was not conservative enough (probably not a good strategy to admit you “despise” your constituents).
link

Typical "you owe" me attitude.  The voters don't owe you squat.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 10:33:26 AM »
Bye bye, asshat. You were the problem.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20120509/US.Lugar.Warning.Signs/?cid=hero_media

A few hours after conceding, Lugar slammed Mourdock for embracing "groups whose prime mission is to cleanse the Republican Party of those who stray from orthodoxy as they see it."

"This is not conducive to problem solving and governance," Lugar said. "And he will find that unless he modifies his approach, he will achieve little as a legislator. Worse, he will help delay solutions that are totally beyond the capacity of partisan majorities to achieve."
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 10:41:45 AM »

A few hours after conceding, Lugar slammed Mourdock for embracing "groups whose prime mission is to cleanse the Republican Party of those who stray from orthodoxy as they see it."

Hmmmm, turn about not fair play Mr. Lugar? You'd like to promote your foul orthodoxy.  The guy was trying to claim he's pro-life.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 10:43:59 AM »
The (Sour) Grapes of Wrath
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 12:39:52 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 10:58:52 AM »
It takes class to go away quietly.

Dick has no class.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.