Author Topic: the ABCD's of investing  (Read 824 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
the ABCD's of investing
« on: May 08, 2012, 07:54:55 PM »
Good article on Zerohedge

He thinks that the treasury auctions are the weak link. I don't think so anymore. The Fed will just life-support those.. when the market runs out of private buyers? Who is to say it hasn't already? I mean, who buys negative real yield treasuries?

He also thinks the collapse, when it comes, will occur BEFORE the hyperinflation really has a chance to get underway, and we will see a depression like, re-pricing - to which my question is  "Repricing in what? Yuan? Gold? Oil?"  If the treasuries actually go, there will be no dollar to speak of.

Any anycase the investing advice is sound:

TGR: Finally, what is your investment model?

DS: My investing model is ABCD: Anything Bernanke Cannot Destroy: flashlight batteries, canned beans, bottled water, gold, a cabin in the mountains.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: the ABCD's of investing
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:49:56 PM »
Good article on Zerohedge

He thinks that the treasury auctions are the weak link. I don't think so anymore. The Fed will just life-support those.. when the market runs out of private buyers? Who is to say it hasn't already? I mean, who buys negative real yield treasuries?

He also thinks the collapse, when it comes, will occur BEFORE the hyperinflation really has a chance to get underway, and we will see a depression like, re-pricing - to which my question is  "Repricing in what? Yuan? Gold? Oil?"  If the treasuries actually go, there will be no dollar to speak of.

Any anycase the investing advice is sound:

TGR: Finally, what is your investment model?

DS: My investing model is ABCD: Anything Bernanke Cannot Destroy: flashlight batteries, canned beans, bottled water, gold, a cabin in the mountains.

Anne Barnhardt, again, has been saying the same for months now.

Finding myself in the same dilemma as in previously buying into the market:  what to buy/what to buy.

Scared money.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: the ABCD's of investing
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 07:07:42 AM »
The Fed can only life-support paper for so long, the Ponzi scheme will reach critical mass rather quickly if that is the last trick in their bag, and you are exactly correct to focus on the repricing basis Weisshaupt, what pray tell are the PTB's going to use as a peg?  I think they hope to peg to a new super extra-national currency, something all the central bankers of the world think they can use as the new stable medium for all economic activity.  But even a new global currency has to be tied to something so even that discussion will have its proponents of real value like gold.  So the debate between the masters of fiat and the masters of tangible value will have their debate, I am skeptical the illusionists won't win the day.  Just like the credit markets the peg will turn in on itself so many revolutions that only the mere illusion of stability will be enough to make the sheeple think all is well.  Can, meet foot...go down the road a bit more...the implosion will be delayed...

::)

PS-That ABCD investing is spot on!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.