Author Topic: NC Passes Gay Marriage Ban: Media Hardest Hit  (Read 2140 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
NC Passes Gay Marriage Ban: Media Hardest Hit
« on: May 08, 2012, 08:31:48 PM »
RALEIGH, North Carolina –  North Carolina voters have approved a constitutional amendment defining marriage solely as a union between a man and a woman, making it the 30th U.S. state to adopt such a ban.

With 35 percent of precincts reporting Tuesday, unofficial returns showed the amendment passing with about 58 percent of the vote to 42 percent against.

In the days before the vote, members of President Barack Obama's cabinet expressed support for gay marriage and former President Bill Clinton recorded phone messages urging voters to reject the amendment.

Meanwhile, supporters ran their own ad campaigns and church leaders urged Sunday congregations to vote for the amendment. The Rev. Billy Graham was featured in full-page newspaper ads supporting the amendment.

LINK

Nearly 60% in favor. And this is where the Democrats are holding their convention. Perfect.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
Re: NC Passes Gay Marriage Ban: Media Hardest Hit
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 08:37:21 PM »
Media Hardest Hit

::laughonfloor::
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 08:40:16 PM »
Note also that while NC is the 30th state to vote for something like this, the media will be spending the next week or two reminding you that North Carolina is "after all" a backward Southern state full of church-going rednecks. The fact that 29 other states agree, including even California before the Left's backup legislature -- the courts -- overturned their will, will be irrelevant. NC will be painted as uniquely regressive.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:43:42 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 08:40:45 PM »
RALEIGH, North Carolina –  North Carolina voters have approved a constitutional amendment defining marriage solely as a union between a man and a woman, making it the 30th U.S. state to adopt such a ban.

With 35 percent of precincts reporting Tuesday, unofficial returns showed the amendment passing with about 58 percent of the vote to 42 percent against.

In the days before the vote, members of President Barack Obama's cabinet expressed support for gay marriage and former President Bill Clinton recorded phone messages urging voters to reject the amendment.

Meanwhile, supporters ran their own ad campaigns and church leaders urged Sunday congregations to vote for the amendment. The Rev. Billy Graham was featured in full-page newspaper ads supporting the amendment.

LINK

Nearly 60% in favor. And this is where the Democrats are holding their convention. Perfect.

Yup. The Folsom Street Fair comes to NC for the DNC. Can't wait to watch. Sorry, North Carolinians.
 ::popcorn::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 08:41:09 PM »

::newyear::

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:42:44 PM »
Note also that while NC is the 30th state to vote for something like this, the media will be spending the next week or two reminding you that North Carolina is "after all" a backward Southern state full of church-going rednecks. The fact that 29 other states agree, including even California before the Left's backup legislature -- the courts -- overturned their will.

Well, North Carolina IS so far away that they can't even SEE the Mason-Dixon Line!  I mean, not like they live in Alaska and can see Russia from their house or something.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »
Note also that while NC is the 30th state to vote for something like this, the media will be spending the next week or two reminding you that North Carolina is "after all" a backward Southern state full of church-going rednecks. The fact that 29 other states agree, including even California before the Left's backup legislature -- the courts -- overturned their will.

Well, North Carolina IS so far away that they can't even SEE the Mason-Dixon Line!  I mean, not like they live in Alaska and can see Russia from their house or something.

'S okay; we've plenty of Northeastern liberals locusts to raise the average IQ and sight-line.  ::)
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 09:00:10 PM »
Note also that while NC is the 30th state to vote for something like this, the media will be spending the next week or two reminding you that North Carolina is "after all" a backward Southern state full of church-going rednecks.

You may be right but that will be rather hard to square with the fact that this is where O'Bongo and the Democrats chose to make their stand.

I really think that there is something odd at work this year.

Nothing seems to be breaking their way. At least not for a while. And that's pretty tough to accomplish when they have the media working overtime to paint everything in their favor.

I have no idea what's up but this isn't like the McCain fiasco. Not so far, anyway.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 09:02:56 PM »

Yep, we've all been doing a lot of praying.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 09:40:16 PM »

Well, North Carolina IS so far away that they can't even SEE the Mason-Dixon Line!  I mean, not like they live in Alaska and can see Russia from their house or something.

'S okay; we've plenty of Northeastern liberals locusts to raise the average IQ and sight-line.  ::)

::laughonfloor::

Same thing.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 09:45:39 PM »
 ::danceban::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 07:21:24 AM »
Note also that while NC is the 30th state to vote for something like this, the media will be spending the next week or two reminding you that North Carolina is "after all" a backward Southern state full of church-going rednecks. The fact that 29 other states agree, including even California before the Left's backup legislature -- the courts -- overturned their will, will be irrelevant. NC will be painted as uniquely regressive.

Seems like a rather easy retort to the temper-tantrum queer lobby crying at the courthouse steps - "30 states have this and the courts will not overturn state laws, We the People have spoken, are you deaf?"!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 10:28:07 AM »
*Note: The Denver Post is one of the sue you participants so in order to participate in the poll it's necessary to put the link at the bottom together.  The Colorado Pubby's need all the help they can get.

Colorado joined NC and kills same sex marriage, weirdos wail.

Denver Post:  "A bill to allow same-sex couples to form civil unions died on the calendar late Tuesday,"...

Republican Speaker Frank McNulty had something to do with it but not before six Republicans allowed it to be voted out of committee, man, they are everywhere.  

The Denver Post is playing a blame game poll. In the poll the first questions
allow one to blame one or the other party; the second option is to credit one or the other party.  After giving the Republicans credit in the poll the results revealed they received the most blame and the least credit.

Take the poll here

http:   //www.   denverpost.  com/breakingnews/ci_20578893/colorado-civil-unions-bill-passes-last-committee-supporters?source=rss_igoogle
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 10:31:44 AM by Charles Oakwood »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 03:25:14 PM »
Don't need to go to the media to hear the outrage and whining; it's going on right now at the local forum.  My county voted a bare majority "against".  (I live in enemy territory.)  For this, the local libs are congratulating themselves on their "progressivity" and condemning the rest of us as discriminators and deniers of rights and justice.

Oh, and in a huff because "the Bible should not be the basis for laws, separation of Church and State" you know.  Nevermind that the sociological argument has been made as well, repeatedly.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 03:29:29 PM »
Don't need to go to the media to hear the outrage and whining; it's going on right now at the local forum.  My county voted a bare majority "against".  (I live in enemy territory.)  For this, the local libs are congratulating themselves on their "progressivity" and condemning the rest of us as discriminators and deniers of rights and justice.

Oh, and in a huff because "the Bible should not be the basis for laws, separation of Church and State" you know.  Nevermind that the sociological argument has been made as well, repeatedly.

I'd love to see that argued to a rabbinical court...

Same thing.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 03:38:20 PM »
BTW, NC did NOT pass a gay marriage ban.  NC affirmed marriage as between one man and one woman.

Can't ban that which doesn't exist.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »

I'm sure "they" would not be impressed with the gravitas of the court.  There are "men of the cloth" right now expounding their perfect faith in what Jesus would and would not do, and to what He would and would not give His approval.  And according to them, He ain't happy with us conservatives at all.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 03:55:30 PM »

I'm sure "they" would not be impressed with the gravitas of the court.  There are "men of the cloth" right now expounding their perfect faith in what Jesus would and would not do, and to what He would and would not give His approval.  And according to them, He ain't happy with us conservatives at all.

I think he's very happy with us.We've been on his side since the begining.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 04:08:03 PM »
It doesn't discriminate. It codifies marriage as that special union between man and woman, the only union capable of transmitting life from one generation to the next, and the same union upon which new life is raised and nurtured.

Nothing about that singles out homosexuals for discrimination. A gay man or a gay woman can still get married within those parameters, just like any other citizen. That's not their point. Their point is to force all social institutions to bend to the new definitions they want imposed.

They started this fight, and got the smackdown for their efforts. Now they have one more reason to be bleeding from the ass.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly