Author Topic: "Compulsory Blindness"  (Read 2707 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Compulsory Blindness"
« on: May 09, 2012, 11:01:15 PM »
What Andrew McCarthy writes of is the conjunction of islam and the betrayal to it by our elected representatives.  There is no category that correctly describes and encapsulates what is being to us and this country as a result.

I think they are not "blind"; I believe they know exactly what they are doing.

See, however wayward our approach in the Nineties may have been, it was still possible to tell the truth, to fashion an accurate depiction of the phenomenon. To be sure, in the Clinton years, there was plenty of feel-good “Religion of Peace” drivel coming out of the White House, the State Department, and Main Justice. But back then, willful blindness was the familiar, tacit kind of conscious avoidance: Officials who should have known better passively avoided learning basic, uncomfortable facts. For the most part, though, they did not affirmatively obstruct those who were more industrious.

No one, for example, stopped me from eliciting sworn testimony from FBI agents and other experts that the concept of “jihad” stemmed from classical Islamic doctrine, and that its original meaning involved armed combat against unbelievers in order to fulfill the divine injunction to spread Islam. Regardless of what the politicians were saying in Washington, no one tried to stop us, in our New York courtroom, from proving that the terrorists had been animated by a supremacist ideology that was firmly rooted in Islamic scripture. No one prevented me from pointing out to the jury that the Blind Sheikh (Omar Abdel Rahman), whose various physical maladies rendered him unable to carry out terrorist acts, was nevertheless empowered to command the terrorist organization, solely because of his mastery of Islamic jurisprudence.

I marched into the courtroom every day for nine months and proved that there was an undeniable nexus between Islamic doctrine and terrorism committed by Muslims.

... And when I demonstrated the straight-line, undeniable logic of the evidence — that scripture informed the Blind Sheikh’s directives; that those directives informed his terrorist subordinates; and that those subordinates then committed atrocities — the government gave me the Justice Department’s highest award.

Today, I’d be ostracized. No longer is the government content to be willfully blind. Today, it is defiantly, coercively, extortionately blind.

... The key to making us safer is making Muslims feel good about themselves, the theory holds. This will nullify resentment, and resentment, not ideology, is the cause of Islamic aggression — except we wouldn’t want to call it Islamic aggression because Muslims would resent that. So we must suppress all references to Islam (Islamist, “political Islam,” “Islamic supremacism,” jihad, etc.). And we must violate the first rule of good intelligence that nothing is beyond scrutiny: It is to be taken as a given that Islam is not the problem but a key part of the solution.

Real it all if you can stand it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
Re: "Compulsory Blindness"
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 11:39:29 PM »
I really don't think that most do:  they really believe that ... stuff.

The leadership?  The ones that aren't cockamamie psychopaths like Ché Guevarra (a serial killer who got his jollies murdering prepubescent boys in front of their mothers), are cynical bastards who are in it for themselves or complete looneytunes.

Which leaves 100 million or so useful idiots in this country alone.  Those are the ones that inspired Arendt's title Eichmann in Jerusalem:  A Report on the Banality of Evil.   The ones "just doing their jobs."  The ones told that claptrap about the theory that holds that if Muslims just "felt good" about themselves, they'd stop trying to conquer the world, with gold stars and brownie points for extra blood, guts and gore.  It is absolutely freaking amazing to me what people will believe...if you tell them straight to their face in a firm, but unthreatening manner.  

"Apple Computer has started a polar bear breeding program."

"Really?"

"Yep.  Turns out that polar bear fur is better than any other product on the planet for antistatic cleaning of their iPhone touchscreens.  And apparently there is a market in Japan for the animal byproduct, the meat, to be used in dog food."

And so it goes...the meme is propagated to John and Josie Q. Public, and suddenly, Islam is a "religion" of Peace, rather than a world dominating death cult.  There are people noticing some flaws in that particular thesis, however.  Like Nicolai Sennels, author of De Islam – kritische essays over een politieke religie, a book unfortunately unavailable in English, although as luck would have it, whose major conclusions are summarized in an essay available at Jihad Watch:  Nicolai Sennels: Report from the therapy room: Why are Muslims more violent and criminal?

Oddly, it turns out Sennels' observations from the therapy room dovetail rather indecently with Pryce-Jones exposistions in The Closed Circle: An Interpretation of the Arabs despite CAIR being quite adamant that Pryce-Jones is an obvious racist.  And probably a Republican to boot.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 12:14:59 AM »
I really don't think that most do:  they really believe that ... stuff.

The leadership?  The ones that aren't cockamamie psychopaths like Ché Guevarra (a serial killer who got his jollies murdering prepubescent boys in front of their mothers), are cynical bastards who are in it for themselves or complete looneytunes.

Both groups represent a complete inability to connect quite obvious dots.  The former group is lazy and unwilling to do the work; this is not "belief", it's faith based on what the latter group says, because it knows damn well, being cynical bastids, they're playing with fire.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 05:49:09 AM »
I really don't think that most do:  they really believe that ... stuff.

The leadership?  The ones that aren't cockamamie psychopaths like Ché Guevarra (a serial killer who got his jollies murdering prepubescent boys in front of their mothers), are cynical bastards who are in it for themselves or complete looneytunes.

Both groups represent a complete inability to connect quite obvious dots.  The former group is lazy and unwilling to do the work; this is not "belief", it's faith based on what the latter group says, because it knows damn well, being cynical bastids, they're playing with fire.

Ayup.  Now, as to why so many choose the "lazy" route, I am flummoxed.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 06:41:49 AM »
What a complete load of bovine excrement!

Being nice is not going to get these 7th century barbarians from converting you, and, failing that, enslaving or killing you!

These people are all self-made imbeciles!  They need to be dealt with once and for all, or any efforts to stamp out Muzzie disease is futile!

::outrage::   ::angry::   ::cussing::   ::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 07:22:41 AM »
What a complete load of bovine excrement!

Being nice is not going to get these 7th century barbarians from converting you, and, failing that, enslaving or killing you!

These people are all self-made imbeciles!  They need to be dealt with once and for all, or any efforts to stamp out Muzzie disease is futile!

::outrage::   ::angry::   ::cussing::   ::gaah::

Islam is a totalitarian ideology, like Nazism or communism, that has world conquest as its primary goal.  I can't recommend that we stamp out all Muslims, but I sure would like to see Islam put to death.

I'm thinking there are probably a lot of Muslims that would be happy about it too, were we to do that and present it fait accompli.

Same thing.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 08:20:49 AM »
Psst. Andrew! Come her for a sec.....

*Slap!*

OK, now that I have your attention I'd like to share a little som-som with you here. I don't know if you truly feeel that "The key to making us safer is making Muslims feel good about themselves" or if you had just gotten hold of some bad street drugs but I want to warn you about pursuing that line of "thought". muslims are at their happiest when they are murdering. They're not particularly discriminating in their targets but they do get a kick out of beheading infidels...like you. That whole happiness for it's own sake is highly overrated.

I just wanted to share that wid ya.

Have a special kinda day!

Edit: Fix your tags!

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 08:23:13 AM »
Psst. Andrew! Come her for a sec.....

*Slap!*

OK, now that I have your attention I'd like to share a little som-som with you here. I don't know if you truly feeel that "The key to making us safer is making Muslims feel good about themselves" or if you had just gotten hold of some bad street drugs but I want to warn you about pursuing that line of "thought". muslims are at their happiest when they are murdering. They're not particularly discriminating in their targets but they do get a kick out of beheading infidels...like you. That whole happiness for it's own sake is highly overrated.

I just wanted to share that wid ya.

Have a special kinda day!

Just to clarify:  Andrew is voicing HIS objections to the whole touchy feely make 'em feel good so they won't hurt us thinking...

Same thing.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 08:50:57 AM »
thanks for the clarification.

Yesterday I got Driven to Distraction and left at the curb.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 09:21:17 AM »
It is being done on purpose, in my opinion and here is why:

It is a calculated tactic that is being employed to foment chaos by 'allowing' terrorists access to the 'west'. The hope by the progressives is that that will cause enough chaos and 'pain' to get all the lazy voters in America to become restless and start voting for the politicians that will eventually start promising to do something about it; ie, progressives - the same jerks that caused the problem to begin with (this is a tactic they employ on a regular basis with nearly everything, example: Education. They have broken the system and now claim to be the only ones capable of fixing it!).

In my opinion their plan is to cause this chaos, get the votes they need and then to turn around and wipe out the Muslim threat that they cultivated. It's just a small step from there to their one world government under totalitarian control.

Call me crazy, everyone else does. But it seems pretty clear to me. Progressivism = a continual psy-ops campaign.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 09:35:35 AM »

Cool!  I've always wanted to go there!

Same thing.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 10:29:48 AM »

Is that on the same corner as the hot girl with the too tight jeans and tank top?  I think I was just there last week.   ;D

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 11:06:00 AM »

Is that on the same corner as the hot girl with the too tight jeans and tank top?  I think I was just there last week.   ;D

Yep, that's the one.

I looked at her
and she at me
I smiled and said "hi"
and she replied...

"Move grampa, you're blocking my sun"

::speechless::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 11:32:26 AM »

Yep, that's the one.

I looked at her
and she at me
I smiled and said "hi"
and she replied...

"Move grampa, you're blocking my sun"

::speechless::

Huh.  She must have been in a good mood that day...my greeting was less pleasant...

::saywhat::