Author Topic: F-22 goes to EAU  (Read 1567 times)

charlesoakwood

F-22 goes to EAU
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:24:50 PM »

F-22 leads Air Armada assembling in the EAU, ten minutes from Iran.

The fighters join a growing naval armada that includes Navy carriers, submarines, cruisers and destroyers plus patrol boats enhanced with the latest close-in weaponry." 

F-22 Raptor In Action. Weapons Hot!!

Offline S0N_of_trapeze

• Newb
  • I am a defender AND a legacy. A SOLDIER
Re: F-22 goes to EAU
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 06:56:32 AM »
having seen these in action on the range in hawaii, i cant imagine there being a much better choice for preparing for any situation. being able to travel thousands of miles in such a short amount of time at speeds mach 1.5 and up and making such precise strikes that they can land a 2 foot thick missile in a 2.5 foot wide window. these thing are power incarnate. enemies beware, you are about to be blown away.
It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them. - Mark Twain
No more important duty can be urged upon those who are entering the great theater of life than simple loyalty to their best convictions.- Edwin Hubbel Chapin

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 11:53:40 AM »
Here's another video. Sorry, not youtube.

This video was created to commemorate the 67FS winning the 2011 Raytheon Trophy for outstanding aerial achievement, given to the top air-to-air squadron in the USAF.

Nearly ten minutes of high def video shot by Sony Handycam and GOPRO by the pilots, themselves.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 12:00:02 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 06:16:37 PM »
I can watch watch fighters all day.  And I have on more than one occassion.

F-15's speciality is going verticle after takeoff.

F 15 Eagle vertical take off

Always impressive.

But the F-22 has sick ability.  True, fancy low-altitude low-speed manuevers like at airshows won't be going on in combat situations, but the nimbleness of the bugger is jaw-dropping.

I like this footage from San Diego of a couple years ago, at my old base (Mirimar "Fightertown, USA") that the Marines now operate.

2010 MCAS Miramar Air Show - F-22 Raptor Arrival/Practice (Great Vapor!)

Still, too bad most people outside of the military never get to experience a true supersonic flyby.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 09:37:32 PM »

Hey, Trap, It's official, it's up on Drudge.

US deploys F-22 fighter jets to UAE...
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/us-deploys-f-22-fighter-jets-uae-officials-233154971.html

Hey, I went dyslexic on the title, heh heh.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 07:13:21 AM »
It's OK CO, we know what you meant.   ::thumbsup::

Saw that link on Drudge this AM.

Stymie is covering his arse is all, when Israel hits Iran, he doesn't want to be caught in his usual position of pants-around-ankles, although positioning forces and hardware can hadly prevent his pants from hitting the ground!

::)

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Re: F-22 goes to UAE
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 10:02:27 AM »
F-15's speciality is going verticle after takeoff.

Truly an awesome sight in person.  I remember taking a BUFF to an airshow in Offut Nb. in the early 80's and there was an F-15 from McDonnell-Douglas there with a McDonnell-Douglas test pilot (they would do things with that bird that the USAF pilots were not quite prepared to do).  On practice day he rolled down the runway rotated and went vertical till we could no longer see him.  A couple of minutes later he was screaming down the runway at mach .95 inverted only 10-20 feet off the deck.  Definitely heart-pounding, noisy too.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 10:21:45 AM »
 ::thumbsup::

Our VIP shows out in the ocean were pretty good too, stuff public doesn't get to see...bombing the ocean, super-sonic flyby's, ship-board guns blazing, Sea whizz spitting, SAMs thrown verticle...ahhh, good times!