Author Topic: Politics above National Security  (Read 2369 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Politics above National Security
« on: May 11, 2012, 01:55:44 PM »
He added: "Any information disclosed is too much information. This does seem to be a tawdry political thing."

He noted that the leak came on the heels of a series of disclosures over the last 10 days, beginning with a report that the CIA wanted to expand its drone attacks in Yemen, Barack Obama making a surprise trip to Afghanistan around the time of the Bin Laden anniversary and "then this inexplicable leak".

Robert Grenier, former head of the CIA counter-terrorism centre, in an article for al-Jazeera, said the spies of the US intelligence community "rather than quietly celebrating success are wistfully shaking their heads … As the director of national intelligence launches an investigation, he does so knowing that the real culprits – in the White House and on Capitol Hill – are beyond his reach."

Nice. So while on the one hand this administration is sending out it's 'stormtroopers' to all the major transportation hubs of America with the express order to cavity search children and senior citizens under the guise of 'national security' they are also, on the other hand, completely undermining that same national security.

Of course I don't need to say this again but I guess I will. All of us here already know this stuff don't we? How long till the sleepy voters of America prop open their lazy eyes long enough to see it?
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Politics above National Security
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 02:17:10 PM »
Personal bubbles need to be burst suddenly, deeply and sharply.  That usually happens one bubble at a time, so I don't hold out much hope right now.  People seem to avoid learning from the experiences of other people.  If it doesn't happen to them, it won't because it can't.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 02:42:22 PM »
Personal bubbles need to be burst suddenly, deeply and sharply.  That usually happens one bubble at a time, so I don't hold out much hope right now.  People seem to avoid learning from the experiences of other people.  If it doesn't happen to them, it won't because it can't.

And when it does finally happen to them, assuming it isn't immediately fatal, they will blame every one who told them that this would happen - obviously, if they knew it was maliciously planned in advance. It will always be someone else's fault - and hence even when it does happen to them, the lesson will be ignored.
There is only one cure for this.   

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 06:58:12 PM »

It's all Kabuki now.

..."He does so [pursues the investigation] knowing that the real culprits – in the White House and on Capitol Hill – are beyond his reach."  

They're not beyond reach but they must be willing to go for it (the throat) and
they're all too comfortable to do that.  If they (including Issa) new that if they
failed in pursuit the masses would not be huddled but that they would land on
pitchforks they would achieve the stated goal.

But, it's all Kabuki now, this is the world we live in.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 09:32:25 AM »
 If they (including Issa) new that if they
failed in pursuit ......

The GOP, party of no balls. Time to clean house. It doesn't matter if you can talk the talk. WALK THE FRIGGIN' WALK!!!
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 06:44:12 PM »
Implement the cure.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 03:31:20 PM »
LINK

Just a week ago the establishment media was aflutter with news that a CIA double-agent had thwarted a new type of underwear bomb attack targeting U.S. flights in a plot devised by al-Qaeda of the Arabian Peninsula.

But as the week progressed, a developing bombshell story got buried under President Obama’s gay marriage announcement. Not only is the supposed CIA asset not a CIA asset at all, but the entire operation was exposed prematurely and the double-agent’s life was immediately threatened by an intelligence leak that very well may have come out of the White House for political gain.

As the story broke, the establishment media was more than happy to attribute the intelligence coup to the CIA and the Obama administration, describing the mole as a “CIA informant.”

It turns out that wasn’t true. The double-agent hadn’t been recruited and placed by the CIA, but by British intelligence, who also managed the operation. In fact, the Americans had only recently been made aware of the joint British-Saudi effort.

The leaks about the operation from the American side have infuriated British intelligence officials, who had hoped to continue the operation. The leaks not only scuttled the mission but put the life of the asset in jeopardy. Even CIA officials, joining their MI5 and MI6 counterparts, were describing the leaks as “despicable,” attributing them to the Obama administration.

Just updating the thread...
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 04:39:33 PM »

HopeyChangie transforming not only America but the world.
He's the jihadies cruse missile softening up the enemy.
It's on, I'm going to post that Sowell Race War article.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 01:24:57 AM »
LINK

Just a week ago the establishment media was aflutter with news that a CIA double-agent had thwarted a new type of underwear bomb attack targeting U.S. flights in a plot devised by al-Qaeda of the Arabian Peninsula.

But as the week progressed, a developing bombshell story got buried under President Obama’s gay marriage announcement. Not only is the supposed CIA asset not a CIA asset at all, but the entire operation was exposed prematurely and the double-agent’s life was immediately threatened by an intelligence leak that very well may have come out of the White House for political gain.

As the story broke, the establishment media was more than happy to attribute the intelligence coup to the CIA and the Obama administration, describing the mole as a “CIA informant.”

It turns out that wasn’t true. The double-agent hadn’t been recruited and placed by the CIA, but by British intelligence, who also managed the operation. In fact, the Americans had only recently been made aware of the joint British-Saudi effort.

The leaks about the operation from the American side have infuriated British intelligence officials, who had hoped to continue the operation. The leaks not only scuttled the mission but put the life of the asset in jeopardy. Even CIA officials, joining their MI5 and MI6 counterparts, were describing the leaks as “despicable,” attributing them to the Obama administration.

Just updating the thread...

BMG, thank you, and I'm pretty sure most of us know by now an update when we see it, and welcome them, indeed.  You're doing a yeoman's job of it and it is greatly appreciated.  Now don't you take this wrong, y'hear?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:33:50 AM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 07:49:39 AM »
He added: "Any information disclosed is too much information. This does seem to be a tawdry political thing."

He noted that the leak came on the heels of a series of disclosures over the last 10 days, beginning with a report that the CIA wanted to expand its drone attacks in Yemen, Barack Obama making a surprise trip to Afghanistan around the time of the Bin Laden anniversary and "then this inexplicable leak".

Robert Grenier, former head of the CIA counter-terrorism centre, in an article for al-Jazeera, said the spies of the US intelligence community "rather than quietly celebrating success are wistfully shaking their heads … As the director of national intelligence launches an investigation, he does so knowing that the real culprits – in the White House and on Capitol Hill – are beyond his reach."

Nice. So while on the one hand this administration is sending out it's 'stormtroopers' to all the major transportation hubs of America with the express order to cavity search children and senior citizens under the guise of 'national security' they are also, on the other hand, completely undermining that same national security.

Of course I don't need to say this again but I guess I will. All of us here already know this stuff don't we? How long till the sleepy voters of America prop open their lazy eyes long enough to see it?

I watched those searches last week as I traveled by air, understanding it is nothing but a dog and pony show, with little to do with safety. I've stated before nothing surprises me with this administration, but this took me back. It underscores the overwhelming task ahead.

The task to take our country back is so daunting, merely winning a presidential election, I consider a precursor before we can design and/or begin a 10 step program.........this is when the real work needs to begin, but what I'm expecting, if romney is successful,is the proverbial, "whew, that was close" from the people because we've forgotten, or maybe de programmed, how this country became great.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 08:32:38 AM »
"whew, that was close" from the people because we've forgotten, or maybe de programmed, how this country became great.

Trouble is, Romney (in my opinion anyway - hopefully I'm wrong) is not much better than Obumbles. Better, yes - but not by much. So anyone out there thinking we've dodged a bullet by electing Romney instead of Obama are completely wrong - all we've done is slowed down time a smidgeon...but the bullet's still heading our way. The best we can hope for is to replace as many members of congress as possible with actual conservatives so that congress can keep Romney in line and maybe then we can dodge the bullet - but even that's doubtful.

I know that you and everyone else here understands this to be sure. Trouble is most of the rest of the country doesn't.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 08:23:49 PM »
LINK

When they published their revealing book last August about the nation’s fight against terrorism, the authors, two New York Times national security reporters, immediately felt heat from the Pentagon for dishing too much operational info about the killing of Osama bin Laden.

- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 07:55:25 AM »
LINK

When they published their revealing book last August about the nation’s fight against terrorism, the authors, two New York Times national security reporters, immediately felt heat from the Pentagon for dishing too much operational info about the killing of Osama bin Laden.

“I was stopped by a very senior officer in the special operations community who basically wanted to rip my lungs out,” said Thom Shanker, who co-authored “Counterstrike: The Untold Story of America's Secret Campaign Against Al Qaeda,” with Eric Schmitt.

But, he revealed at a counter terrorism expo this week, the info came directly and officially from the White House, not some garbage can digging operation. “I said to him, ‘Sir, that information came officially to us from the podium at the White House,’” Shanker said.

::saywhat::   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::gaah::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2012, 10:46:33 AM »
Infuriating isn't it Libertas?
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 11:43:08 AM »
Beyond.

My tolerance for treason runneth over...and keeps running over...and over...and over...

::gaah::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 12:00:29 PM »
AKA: The Terrorist Bill of Rights

Libertarian extremists, who purport to be the face of the tea party movement, and their pals on the Lawyer Left, whose obsession is more rights for mass-murderers, are again making common cause. Their target, once more, is the detention procedure codified in the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). This time the ringleaders are Representatives Justin Amash (R., MI) and Adam Smith (D., WA). With a new NDAA up for consideration, these congressmen are reprising the starring role played a few months back by Sen. Rand Paul (R., KY). I argued in opposition to Sen. Paul’s gambit here and here.

Under the Smith-Amash amendment, if al Qaeda were to dispatch the second coming of Mohamed Atta & Co. to execute another 9/11-style atrocity in the United States, but this time the FBI managed to apprehend them, they would be given the full rights of American civilian defendants. They could not be detained under the laws of war, they could not be held at Guantanamo Bay for trial by military commission. Instead, they would be treated like garden variety crooks: given Miranda warnings, quickly assigned counsel, held in a civilian prison, eligible for prompt bail hearings, entitled to the full breadth of discovery mandated by civilian due process, and given a full-blown, Grade-A civilian trial in a civilian federal court – just like the trial the Obama administration tried to give Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and the other surviving 9/11 plotters until public outrage and congressional opposition induced the administration to back down.

If they aren't on your list yet Pan, time to update...
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 01:50:19 PM »
LINK

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Wednesday blasted the Obama administration over the disclosure of classified intelligence operations, leaks he said came from the “highest levels” at the White House.

“This is the most highly classified information and it’s now been leaked by the administration at the highest levels at the White House and that’s not acceptable,” McCain said on CBS "This Morning."
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 05:35:16 PM »
Going back to the initial post, nobody is "beyond reach"!  The Congress can investigate and use legislation and appropriations to force action, and the DNI or whoever can bring directly to the FBI any evidence of WH involvement, and let the constitutional crisis begin!

Figgin' pussies!   ::gaah::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 07:21:00 AM »
There are things I don't appreciate about Romney. I can make a case to just sit this election out because we have another rhino in waiting......But it is actions like  this which will send me to the polls to vote Romney.

Not to make the economic demise of the USA sound trivial, but if it were only about an economic collapse and a re start, I'd stay at home......We can recover   economically, imo.

No, it's this type of crap happening to our nation, in our nation which will force me to the polls. Romney may capitulate regarding some policy, but I do not believe he or his administration will conduct the treasonable acts of a runaway obama. Future generations, my child and his future children will struggle to right an economically leaking ship, but it is up to this generation, my generation, to keep the destructive force known as obama at bay.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 09:54:20 AM »
@PDon:

Bravo!  ::thumbsup::

::clapping::
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus