Author Topic: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread  (Read 600265 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread
« Reply #2260 on: June 21, 2017, 07:58:04 AM »
Story is pathetic of course...what follows though...

https://www.weaselzippers.us/344773-mattel-to-unveil-diverse-line-of-ken-dolls-starting-with-man-bun-ken-and-hipster-ken/

All are role models of the Obama Era...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2262 on: June 23, 2017, 10:08:13 AM »
I prefer German Shepard to Chihuahua. At least the way they cooked them locally. ::unknowncomic::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2263 on: June 23, 2017, 12:13:58 PM »
I had to look. I'm glad I did. I thought this was so inadvertently funny - #HeadsOnPikes

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2264 on: June 23, 2017, 08:02:19 PM »
I had to look. I'm glad I did. I thought this was so inadvertently funny - #HeadsOnPikes

That has so much photoshop potential.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2265 on: July 07, 2017, 07:26:59 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2266 on: July 07, 2017, 01:00:01 PM »

Heh!

Ummm...I might have to copy this design!

;D

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2267 on: July 07, 2017, 02:23:46 PM »
Newp; no shade.  I'd rather have a pontoon boat.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2268 on: July 07, 2017, 07:28:53 PM »
  It could be adapted to have shade and still have that red neck appeal to it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2269 on: July 07, 2017, 08:01:29 PM »
When I was about 14 my older brother and I built a raft almost exactly like that. Most of it was constructed of salvage materials. We had no plans other than the idea that my brother held in his head. It just had a deck - no bench (or what ever that is). It did include the mount for an outboard motor.

My dad inspected it upon completion and was impressed (which was impressive all by itself!).

The next part is the most fantastic.....our folks allowed us to sail her around the lake! We lived on Lake Washington which is 22 miles long. We ran the perimeter of the lake, hugging the shoreline (trust is earned, not implicit!) and tying up under the overpass of the floating bridge at night. It took us the better part of three days to make the run. There are (or were) gasdocks at various locations so fuel and supplies weren't a problem. We never failed to attract attention wherever we went - it was quite the novelty craft!

We had a minimal tookit with us and had to adjust the tension on the guy wires that held the raft together but that was the only repairs or modifications we did. Dad made us carry lifejackets and a little firstaid kit.

The trip was a complete success and we arrived back home none the worse for wear. The raft that carried us safely (so to speak) was retired from active duty and anchored just offshore to be used as a swimming platform where it served many seasons.

Think about it - would you let your kids float away on something like that today?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2270 on: July 07, 2017, 09:44:38 PM »
When I was about 14 my older brother and I built a raft almost exactly like that. Most of it was constructed of salvage materials. We had no plans other than the idea that my brother held in his head. It just had a deck - no bench (or what ever that is). It did include the mount for an outboard motor.

My dad inspected it upon completion and was impressed (which was impressive all by itself!).

The next part is the most fantastic.....our folks allowed us to sail her around the lake! We lived on Lake Washington which is 22 miles long. We ran the perimeter of the lake, hugging the shoreline (trust is earned, not implicit!) and tying up under the overpass of the floating bridge at night. It took us the better part of three days to make the run. There are (or were) gasdocks at various locations so fuel and supplies weren't a problem. We never failed to attract attention wherever we went - it was quite the novelty craft!

We had a minimal tookit with us and had to adjust the tension on the guy wires that held the raft together but that was the only repairs or modifications we did. Dad made us carry lifejackets and a little firstaid kit.

The trip was a complete success and we arrived back home none the worse for wear. The raft that carried us safely (so to speak) was retired from active duty and anchored just offshore to be used as a swimming platform where it served many seasons.

Think about it - would you let your kids float away on something like that today?

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2271 on: July 08, 2017, 02:01:37 PM »

At 14? Sure. But then I have a boat so I can track progress.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2272 on: July 09, 2017, 07:59:24 PM »
I can totally see Alan trailing such a vessel...marking off progress in number of beer cans emptied...   ;D 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2273 on: July 10, 2017, 08:12:26 AM »
OK, this just made me giggle!

;D

This one too!

::hysterical::
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:20:48 AM by Libertas »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2274 on: July 11, 2017, 11:08:00 AM »
I can totally see Alan trailing such a vessel...marking off progress in number of beer cans emptied...   ;D

Can't do that any more. LDWF frowns on drinking and boating. They lost their sense of humor loooong ago. Even go so far as to put the DWI on your driving record.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2275 on: July 11, 2017, 12:38:43 PM »

Can't do that any more. LDWF frowns on drinking and boating. They lost their sense of humor loooong ago. Even go so far as to put the DWI on your driving record.

Well...then every Coon-ass must have drunk plates down there!   ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2276 on: July 13, 2017, 12:40:06 PM »

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2277 on: July 13, 2017, 07:30:32 PM »
Speaking of cows, I have an odd, local sight to share.  Have you heard the meme about people getting random Chinese characters tattooed on themselves, not knowing that they mean?  As in they might mean "kick me" or "tiny wee wee" and nobody is the wiser?  The opposite happens in Asia, where people wear shirts with random English phrases they probably have no idea what they mean.  I saw a large (tall and fat) woman wearing a shirt with the English phrase, "Think Cattle."  I somehow resisted the urge to moo at her when I walked past.   ::evilbat::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2278 on: July 13, 2017, 10:43:41 PM »
I saw a large (tall and fat) woman wearing a shirt with the English phrase, "Think Cattle." 

I can't help but wonder just WTH she thought it said.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2279 on: July 14, 2017, 07:00:02 AM »
Shoulda just tipped her...

::laughonfloor::