Author Topic: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread  (Read 601454 times)

Offline NHTom

• I don't fit in your fasces
Re: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread
« Reply #2520 on: March 31, 2018, 06:07:05 PM »

Offline NHTom

« Reply #2521 on: April 01, 2018, 01:41:54 PM »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2522 on: April 01, 2018, 10:49:09 PM »
Its the end of this thread as we know it?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2523 on: April 02, 2018, 11:41:51 AM »
Its the end of this thread as we know it?

I need mind bleach cause I can't even think about it.    ::puke::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2524 on: April 07, 2018, 01:33:02 PM »

On the serious side of TidePod ingesting and condom-snorting...

A new survey has found that a third of young millennials in the U.S. aren’t convinced the Earth is actually round. The national poll reveals that 18 to 24-year-olds are the largest group in the country who refuse to accept the scientific facts of the world’s shape.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/04/05/millennials-flat-earth-survey/

If the future of us all lay in the hands of our youth...we are FUBAR!

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2525 on: April 07, 2018, 02:10:43 PM »

In the 60's too!

::thumbsup::

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #2526 on: April 07, 2018, 02:40:48 PM »
Yeah, on a two wheeler in shorts and no shoes

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #2527 on: April 07, 2018, 04:32:07 PM »

Same in the 50's

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2528 on: April 07, 2018, 08:28:38 PM »
I don't think anyone actually did a ramp on a big wheel, but the banana seated bike for sure.

Offline NHTom

« Reply #2529 on: April 08, 2018, 08:29:34 AM »
http://www.wnd.com/2018/04/facebook-to-diamond-and-silk-youre-unsafe-to-community/

WASHINGTON — Lynnette Hardaway and Rochelle Richardson, also known as the hilarious duo of Diamond and Silk noticed about six months ago that their popular Facebook page was dropping in engagement.

Fans who “liked” the page were no longer receiving notifications of new content.

So they persistently wrote to and called Facebook to find out why.

“Finally,” they posted on their page this weekend, “after several emails, chats, phone calls, appeals, beating around the bush, lies and giving us the run around, Facebook gave us another bogus reason.”

On Thursday, Facebook officially responded in writing with this statement: “The Policy team has came (sic) to the conclusion that your content and your brand has been determined unsafe to the community.”

“Yep, this was FB conclusion after 6 months, 29 days, 5 hours, 40 minutes and 43 seconds,” they wrote. “Oh, and guess what else Facebook said: ‘This decision is final and it is not appealable in any way.”

Nevertheless, Diamond and Silk still have a few question they posted publicly to Mark Zucherberg, the founder and chief executive officer of Facebook. Here they are:

1. What is unsafe about two Blk-women supporting the President Donald J. Trump?
2. Our FB page has been created since December 2014, when exactly did the content and the brand become unsafe to the community?
3. When you say “community” are you referring to the Millions who liked and followed our page?
4. What content on our page was in violation?
5. If our content and brand was so unsafe to the community, why is the option for us to boost our content and spend money with FB to enhance our brand page still available? Maybe FB should give us a refund since FB censored our reach.
6. Lastly, didn’t FB violate their own policy when FB stopped sending notifications to the Millions of people who liked and followed our brand page?

Diamond and Silk shot to fame after the Drudge Report linked to several of their videos and they made appearances with then-candidate Trump on the campaign trail in 2016. They make regular appearances on radio and personal appearances are sold out.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2530 on: April 08, 2018, 10:57:38 AM »
I don't think anyone actually did a ramp on a big wheel, but the banana seated bike for sure.

Big wheel came later for me, was more of my little sister's age group.  We shot our banana-seated bikes and 10-speeds off wood and brick ramps, off dirt mounds, whatever we could fashion.  Some of these kids went on to have kids of their own...which proved there was no permanent damage done despite our best efforts.

Same for sleds and such...life wasn't worth living if we weren't doing something stupid and dangerous.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2531 on: April 08, 2018, 11:01:59 AM »
http://www.wnd.com/2018/04/facebook-to-diamond-and-silk-youre-unsafe-to-community/

WASHINGTON — Lynnette Hardaway and Rochelle Richardson, also known as the hilarious duo of Diamond and Silk noticed about six months ago that their popular Facebook page was dropping in engagement.

Fans who “liked” the page were no longer receiving notifications of new content.

So they persistently wrote to and called Facebook to find out why.

“Finally,” they posted on their page this weekend, “after several emails, chats, phone calls, appeals, beating around the bush, lies and giving us the run around, Facebook gave us another bogus reason.”

On Thursday, Facebook officially responded in writing with this statement: “The Policy team has came (sic) to the conclusion that your content and your brand has been determined unsafe to the community.”

“Yep, this was FB conclusion after 6 months, 29 days, 5 hours, 40 minutes and 43 seconds,” they wrote. “Oh, and guess what else Facebook said: ‘This decision is final and it is not appealable in any way.”

Nevertheless, Diamond and Silk still have a few question they posted publicly to Mark Zucherberg, the founder and chief executive officer of Facebook. Here they are:

1. What is unsafe about two Blk-women supporting the President Donald J. Trump?
2. Our FB page has been created since December 2014, when exactly did the content and the brand become unsafe to the community?
3. When you say “community” are you referring to the Millions who liked and followed our page?
4. What content on our page was in violation?
5. If our content and brand was so unsafe to the community, why is the option for us to boost our content and spend money with FB to enhance our brand page still available? Maybe FB should give us a refund since FB censored our reach.
6. Lastly, didn’t FB violate their own policy when FB stopped sending notifications to the Millions of people who liked and followed our brand page?

Diamond and Silk shot to fame after the Drudge Report linked to several of their videos and they made appearances with then-candidate Trump on the campaign trail in 2016. They make regular appearances on radio and personal appearances are sold out.

As usual their sin was in escaping the DemonRat Plantation and reveling in Free America and rubbing DemonRats faces in it by encouraging others to do the same.

Facebook/BigBrother didn't like that.

Hopefully, given their present troubles...that platform dies a necessary death.

It isn't the only platform deserving that fate.

Offline NHTom

« Reply #2532 on: April 08, 2018, 12:18:05 PM »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2533 on: April 08, 2018, 01:33:42 PM »
AMEN!!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #2535 on: April 08, 2018, 02:21:47 PM »

Same in the 50's

Yeah, I meant 50's. My 60's were graduate HS, Nam, marriage, local riots, move the hell away

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #2536 on: April 08, 2018, 04:13:10 PM »

Same in the 50's

Yeah, I meant 50's. My 60's were graduate HS, Nam, marriage, local riots, move the hell away

Similar, grad HS, philippines, marriage, elsewhere, Nam...no local riots. 

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2537 on: April 08, 2018, 06:22:23 PM »

I just watched a movie on Amazon Prime, The Florida Project. Most about a bunch of kids in a low rent FL motel. The free range kids mostly had a blast. They  didn't know they were supposed to be miserable.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2538 on: April 08, 2018, 08:47:01 PM »

Big wheel came later for me, was more of my little sister's age group.  We shot our banana-seated bikes and 10-speeds off wood and brick ramps, off dirt mounds, whatever we could fashion.  Some of these kids went on to have kids of their own...which proved there was no permanent damage done despite our best efforts.

Same for sleds and such...life wasn't worth living if we weren't doing something stupid and dangerous.

One advantage to having a brother nine years older than me was that I got to skip some of the preliminaries and get right into the motorized mayhem. My brother introduced us younger kids to mini bikes, dirt bikes, and then street bikes.

I remember riding a cast-off mini bike that I managed to get running again (I always had a knack for motors). Thing had no brakes and I had no money to fix. So I rode it anyway, stopping it Fred Flinstone style.

The cool thing about motor sports is that, the fast you go, the faster you wanna go. I figured out how to defeat the throttle limiter and made that thing scream! Naturally all good things must come to an end and mine came when a car pulled out in front of me and I flew into a stand of trees.

Good times!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2539 on: April 09, 2018, 06:30:03 AM »

One advantage to having a brother nine years older than me was that I got to skip some of the preliminaries and get right into the motorized mayhem. My brother introduced us younger kids to mini bikes, dirt bikes, and then street bikes.

I remember riding a cast-off mini bike that I managed to get running again (I always had a knack for motors). Thing had no brakes and I had no money to fix. So I rode it anyway, stopping it Fred Flinstone style.

The cool thing about motor sports is that, the fast you go, the faster you wanna go. I figured out how to defeat the throttle limiter and made that thing scream! Naturally all good things must come to an end and mine came when a car pulled out in front of me and I flew into a stand of trees.

Good times!

Heh!  Reminds me of when I was like 10 or 11, buddy got one of those cheesy little no gear box jobbies.  I would tease him about driving it like a girl.  On my turn on a oval track we rode in an open field that had two levels I drove that sucker at top speed, which was about 30mph solo, got it airborne clearing a couple feet, landed on the back tire and let the front come down and came to a soft stop.  I looked at him with a look that said "that's how ya do that".  Needless to say that was the last time he let me ride it.

It was worth it.  Good times.   ;D