Author Topic: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread  (Read 601274 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread
« Reply #1040 on: October 28, 2014, 11:15:47 AM »
Heh, yeah...that generated a hearty snort!   ::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #1041 on: October 29, 2014, 10:33:16 AM »
Jim Carrey...spoofing Matthew McConaughey  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3eN9u5N2Q4#t=96
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #1042 on: October 29, 2014, 02:08:09 PM »
As she has aged is seems like Ellen Degeneres has calmed down a bit on the in-your-face lesbianism, and is happy just being funny. I used to think she was one of the best back in the day, when stand-ups like her, Seinfeld, Leno, etc were in their heyday. Then she went all lesbo and became more of a lez icon than a funny lady. Now I think she's back to being a funny lady who happens to be a lesbo, instead of a lesbo who used to be a funny lady.

Anyhoo, I think her takedown of McConaughey's ads is much funnier than Carrey's.

Matthew McConaughey's Lincoln Commercial
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #1043 on: October 29, 2014, 03:26:36 PM »
I was reading an article about Soviet humor, and thought these were good.  It's also a bit depressing because it shows how the USA was at one time almost universally seen as the antithesis of sovietism.  Now some of these jokes are almost appropriate here.

Q: What's the difference between a capitalist fairy tale and a Marxist fairy tale?

A: A capitalist fairy tale begins, "Once upon a time, there was....". A Marxist fairy tale begins, "Some day, there will be...."

Q: Is it true that there is freedom of speech in the Soviet Union, just like in the USA?

A: In principle, yes. In the USA, you can stand in front of the White House in Washington, DC, and yell, "Down with Reagan!", and you will not be punished. Equally, you can also stand in Red Square in Moscow and yell, "Down with Reagan!", and you will not be punished.

Q: What is the difference between the Constitutions of the USA and USSR? Both of them guarantee freedom of speech.

A: Yes, but the Constitution of the USA also guarantees freedom after the speech.

Q: Is it true that the Soviet Union is the most progressive country in the world?

A: Of course! Life was already better yesterday than it's going to be tomorrow!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #1044 on: October 29, 2014, 10:05:03 PM »

Anyhoo, I think her takedown of McConaughey's ads is much funnier than Carrey's.

I know who she is...but have never watched her. I don't watch much TV in general (watching the World Series right now)...but when I do...it's definitely not her. I peeked @ the youtube - about half-way through I thought "She got where she is because of her declared orientation."
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #1045 on: October 29, 2014, 11:58:45 PM »

I know who she is...but have never watched her. I don't watch much TV in general (watching the World Series right now)...but when I do...it's definitely not her. I peeked @ the youtube - about half-way through I thought "She got where she is because of her declared orientation."

She had a huge career in stand-up comedy for many years before she came out as a lezbo.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #1046 on: October 30, 2014, 12:37:42 AM »
I guess it's a matter of personal preference or taste or something. Remember, I can't stand Carrey at all these days and I thought his was much better. Carrey's skit was more in the mocking/ridiculing vein of comedy.

Degeneres, for me,  just doesn't come off as funny/humorous/amusing. I can only describe her schtick as trying to be funny but instead just ending up insufferably and/or annoyingly cute. Again, it's a matter of personal taste so I'm not saying you are wrong, just that her thing rubs me the wrong way.

Plus, lesbian or not, I find women who wear pants suits exclusively to be kinda creepy. HRC comes to mind.

I do agree that the in-your-face lesbianism (or just about any political BS) detracts from the point of any form of entertainment. Taken to its extreme (Rosie O'Donnell's angry lesbianism, Roseanne Barr's horrid leftism, Janeane Garofalo's preachy/teachy crap and just about any musician's political musings during performance) it is ruinous to otherwise acceptable artists.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:44:52 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1047 on: October 30, 2014, 07:30:51 AM »
I was reading an article about Soviet humor, and thought these were good.  It's also a bit depressing because it shows how the USA was at one time almost universally seen as the antithesis of sovietism.  Now some of these jokes are almost appropriate here.

Q: What's the difference between a capitalist fairy tale and a Marxist fairy tale?

A: A capitalist fairy tale begins, "Once upon a time, there was....". A Marxist fairy tale begins, "Some day, there will be...."

Q: Is it true that there is freedom of speech in the Soviet Union, just like in the USA?

A: In principle, yes. In the USA, you can stand in front of the White House in Washington, DC, and yell, "Down with Reagan!", and you will not be punished. Equally, you can also stand in Red Square in Moscow and yell, "Down with Reagan!", and you will not be punished.

Q: What is the difference between the Constitutions of the USA and USSR? Both of them guarantee freedom of speech.

A: Yes, but the Constitution of the USA also guarantees freedom after the speech.

Q: Is it true that the Soviet Union is the most progressive country in the world?

A: Of course! Life was already better yesterday than it's going to be tomorrow!

You are correct, these are starting to take on meaning again...

::facepalm::

PS - I agree with Trap, I think the Carey clip is funnier.  Ellen comes off as an uptight urban hipster wannabe, which aside from being a dyke is actually even more offensive to me, somehow...it must be the phony thing coming through...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1048 on: October 30, 2014, 07:45:51 AM »
Oh, man!  This is fricken hilarious!

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/10/29/police-seek-dunkin-robber-who-wore-obama-mask/

Obama robs Dunking Doughnuts!

PoPo - "Can you describe the robber?"

::hysterical::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #1049 on: October 30, 2014, 08:45:40 AM »
Degeneres, for me,  just doesn't come off as funny/humorous/amusing. I can only describe her schtick as trying to be funny but instead just ending up insufferably and/or annoyingly cute. Again, it's a matter of personal taste so I'm not saying you are wrong, just that her thing rubs me the wrong way.

I "got" the humor in both the degenerate and the carrey skits, they're just not straight-up funny to me. And that's OK because I recognize that I'm not the target audience for them.

What I do find amusing comes from the "left eating its own" perspective. Lefties are notoriously thin-skinned. Leftie comedians especially so. They can dish it but they can't take it. Old school comedians knew this and weren't afraid to demonstrate it - look at any of the Dean Martin roasts of old.

The intolerance of the left has managed to effectively drive the right off the stage (at least for the moment). So what does that leave? It leaves only the left...holding the bag. What do you get when you have the left holding the bag? Chaos. The people tagged with "Responsible" people acting naturally irresponsibly.

What's a comedian's job? Their job is to mock. Who do they mock? Anyone who isn't a sacred cow. Who is a sacred cow? Anyone who isn't a Republican. What happens if you knock everyone off the stage except the sacred cows?

Hilarity doesn't ensue. What passes for humor these days isn't laugh-worthy. At best it elicits uncomfortable titters.

In this episode of Left Eats Left we find McConaughey in these "atmospheric" car commercials that are downright creepy. carrey and degenerate both seize upon the creep-factor and mock McConaughey's commercials. What will happen next is the inevitable confrontation in some public setting where McConaughey meets up with one or the other and the true hilarity will come from the backpedaling and denials.

Man, I am a grump this morning!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1050 on: October 30, 2014, 08:49:56 AM »

I "got" the humor in both the degenerate and the carrey skits, they're just not straight-up funny to me. And that's OK because I recognize that I'm not the target audience for them.

What I do find amusing comes from the "left eating its own" perspective. Lefties are notoriously thin-skinned. Leftie comedians especially so. They can dish it but they can't take it. Old school comedians knew this and weren't afraid to demonstrate it - look at any of the Dean Martin roasts of old.

The intolerance of the left has managed to effectively drive the right off the stage (at least for the moment). So what does that leave? It leaves only the left...holding the bag. What do you get when you have the left holding the bag? Chaos. The people tagged with "Responsible" people acting naturally irresponsibly.

What's a comedian's job? Their job is to mock. Who do they mock? Anyone who isn't a sacred cow. Who is a sacred cow? Anyone who isn't a Republican. What happens if you knock everyone off the stage except the sacred cows?

Hilarity doesn't ensue. What passes for humor these days isn't laugh-worthy. At best it elicits uncomfortable titters.

In this episode of Left Eats Left we find McConaughey in these "atmospheric" car commercials that are downright creepy. carrey and degenerate both seize upon the creep-factor and mock McConaughey's commercials. What will happen next is the inevitable confrontation in some public setting where McConaughey meets up with one or the other and the true hilarity will come from the backpedaling and denials.

Man, I am a grump this morning!

Keep grumping, I like it!

I'd like to see this cock-fight you describe.   ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1051 on: October 30, 2014, 11:26:11 AM »
Check out these losers at SDSU!

http://weaselzippers.us/204010-san-diego-state-university-students-hold-sh*t-in-to-protest-non-gender-inclusive-bathrooms/

"sh*t In"?

::saywhat::

I think they need to amend that to "sh*t In Our Pants!"!

::hysterical::   ::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1052 on: October 30, 2014, 11:56:22 AM »
Jose can you see...where your middle finger went?

Jeez, what a dummy!

And, on  a lighter note...

http://iotwreport.com/?p=258395

As a boy, I just remember making a stupid face or just scowling...

::hysterical::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #1053 on: October 30, 2014, 01:26:07 PM »
A brawl between bears on a neighborhood street in suburban New Jersey.  Just a reminder that we're not as far removed from nature as we might think.

Bear Fight Rockaway NJ Aug 14 2014 Jukin Media Verified (Original)

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #1054 on: October 30, 2014, 04:22:03 PM »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #1055 on: October 30, 2014, 07:15:40 PM »
Don't forget Kay Hagan and Mary Landrieu.  They wouldn't have him anywhere near them during their campaign, clearly because they're racists.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1056 on: October 31, 2014, 02:11:03 PM »
Too bad blacks in the democrat party long ago accepted to simply go from one plantation to another without realizing (or caring) they still serve the same master who simply changed names.  Sucks to be them.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #1057 on: October 31, 2014, 02:19:29 PM »
Too bad blacks in the democrat party long ago accepted to simply go from one plantation to another without realizing (or caring) they still serve the same master who simply changed names.  Sucks to be them.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"
--Pete Townsend

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1058 on: October 31, 2014, 03:21:11 PM »
A good looking man walked into an agent’s office in Hollywood and
said, “I want to be a movie star.”
Tall, handsome, and with experience on Broadway, he had the right credentials. The agent asked, “What’s your  name?”
The guy said, “My name is Penis van Lesbian.”
The agent said, “Sir, I hate to tell you, but in order to get into Hollywood, you are going to have to change your name.”
“I will NOT change my name! The van Lesbian name is centuries old,
I will not disrespect my grandfather by changing my name. Not ever.”
The agent said, “Sir, I have worked in Hollywood for years… you
will  NEVER go far in Hollywood with a name like Penis van Lesbian ! I’m
telling you, you will HAVE TO change your name or I will not be able to represent you.”
“So be it! I guess we will not do business together,” the guy said and
he left the agent’s office.

FIVE YEARS LATER… The agent opens an envelope sent to his office.
Inside the envelope is a letter and a check for $50,000.  The
agent is awe-struck, who would possibly send him $50,000? He reads the letter enclosed…

Dear Sir,

Five years ago, I came into your office wanting to become an actor in Hollywood, you told me I needed to change my name. Determined to make it with my God-given birth name, I refused. You told me I would never make it in Hollywood with a name like Penis
van Lesbian… After I left your office, I thought about what you said. I decided you were right. I had to change my name.  I had too much pride to return to your office, so I signed with another agent. I would never have made it without changing my name, so the enclosed check is a token of my appreciation.

Thank you for your advice.

Sincerely,
Dick van Dyke

::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1059 on: November 05, 2014, 12:48:15 PM »
http://www.examiner.com/article/ufo-photobombs-the-iss-nasa-cuts-live-feed-video

Shy aliens.

Must be trying to find ComiCon and took a wrong turn at Uranus...