Author Topic: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread  (Read 600367 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread
« Reply #1360 on: June 24, 2015, 07:28:50 AM »
This will bother you on so many levels

Is it the self-righteousness  of discovering a bit of public property that was "lost" and then assuming it is yours because you found it?
Is it the arrogance of actually expecting others will respect such claims and protecting your "specialness"?
Is it the narcissism of having a light turn on every time a bot visits your page to take a look at that "specialness"?
Is it the despicable attempt to raise these actions to the level of "art"?
Is it the demand that we take something potentially useful - a word - used for communication between people  and turn it into an absurdity because only "one" person can use the word?

Its really is another bit of leftism in sharp relief--

First,  I want to be special, so I make up something special about myself -- I identify as black even though I am white, I am transgendered, I am a victim of a horrible rape, I feel like  a cripple trapped in a health body,  I am an adult and I sleep in a cradle and demand o be fed by boob, I really feel like I am a wolf trapped in a girls body,  I discovered a special word that I want to be just my own, I am the artist formerly known as Prince..

second, I will bravely promote my abnormality on a bill board, on the internet, in print, on talk shows, or wherever so I can have my 15 minutes of fame and make people more aware of people like me.

third ,  I demand that every notice how special I am-  and act to protect that (delusional) image  of myself by treating me in whatever  way I demand and funding me with public tax dollars. 

They are all kids playing dress-up and using their imaginations- and if you don't play along, you are mean and evil.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 07:32:16 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1361 on: June 24, 2015, 04:16:01 PM »
Think I will use "the word"....and hope she contacts me.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1362 on: June 24, 2015, 07:32:31 PM »
Think I will use "the word"....and hope she contacts me.

Know what I have to say to that? Parbunkells

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1363 on: June 24, 2015, 11:20:44 PM »
Holy parbunkells batman.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #1364 on: June 24, 2015, 11:32:46 PM »
! No longer available

How many of the dudes in this video have been claimed by AIDS since it was recorded?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1365 on: June 26, 2015, 08:15:29 AM »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #1367 on: June 29, 2015, 07:58:13 AM »
Yes we are.  And on a similar theme as your "not" graphic (that is really good, going to poach that one!)...

Via PeoplesCube:

Old offensive flags -

New state approved flags -

And the new state sanctioned national flag -

Yup, stuck in the crotch...

Swell, eh?

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/all-offensive-state-flags-must-be-removed-immediately-t16537.html
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1369 on: July 02, 2015, 07:18:29 AM »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #1370 on: July 02, 2015, 10:42:32 AM »
Not technically "funny" but this was the best place for it:

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1371 on: July 03, 2015, 11:01:36 AM »

Time to play it is Parody or is it real!

Tips for Talking to Your Family about the Affordable Care Act this Fourth of July
\

This Fourth of July, families across the nation will gather around hot dogs (or their favorite vegetarian alternative) and potato salad to spend some quality time together, watch fireworks and reflect on the holiday’s meaning. But as much as we love our families – and we do, seriously –we don’t always agree when it comes to current events, like last week’s Supreme Court decision upholding tax credits that help make insurance under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) more affordable for millions of people.

Misinformation about the ACA is everywhere, and there’s been a lot of money spent to spread that misinformation – as much as half a billion dollars in ads, according to one 2014 estimate. Not surprisingly, many Americans still don’t know how changes the law made to insurance and the health care system can help improve their lives.

You should be prepared when Aunt Janine says something like, “Obamacare hasn’t helped anyone!” So here are a few points to remember during this long holiday weekend:

Situation: Uncle Ted claims Obamacare is a train wreck and has cost jobs.

You say: Uncle Ted, you’ve gotten ahold of some old talking points. With greater access to affordable, quality health insurance, the Affordable Care Act is helping individuals and strengthening our economy!

Since the main components of the law went into effect, we’ve reduced the number of uninsured by 16.4 million, the largest increase in the insured in decades. Before the ACA, the U.S. economy faced rapidly growing health costs that put enormous pressure on businesses and consumers. We paid more than any country without better health results, and millions of Americans were one illness away from bankruptcy. Today, we’ve seen the slowest growth in health costs in half a century, improved patient safety has saved an estimated 50,000 lives and $12 billion, and employer premiums for family coverage grew just 3 percent in 2014, tied with 2010 for the lowest on record back to 1999.

Meanwhile, since the ACA was signed, the private sector has added 12.8 million jobs over 64 straight months of job growth, extending the longest streak on record. The increase in employment over that period is due almost entirely to higher full-time employment. The number of people working part-time who would prefer to be full-time has fallen by 2.6 million from March 2010 through May 2015, including a decline of 1.1 million since December 2013.

Now, would you like more corn?

Situation: Your brother has a great idea for a start-up, but he’s afraid to lose benefits when he leaves his current job.

You say: The Affordable Care Act can help! (Note: The exclamation point denotes enthusiasm about the ACA, not an instruction to scream at your family.)

Today, all Americans can go online to a Health Insurance Marketplace and shop for quality health coverage. If you decide to start your own business, change jobs or you get laid off, that doesn’t mean you have to lose health coverage.

And thanks to the Affordable Care Act, many people qualify for tax credits to help pay for their coverage, no matter which state they live in – a benefit solidified by last week’s Supreme Court decision. For 2015 coverage, about 80 percent of Marketplace shoppers on Healthcare.gov had the option of buying coverage for $100 or less per month after tax credits.  Affordable health insurance is within reach for more people than in any time in recent history.

Situation: Before reaching for another burger, your uncle mentions he’s been meaning to get a blood pressure screening he’s been putting off.

You say: Thanks to the ACA, most health plans must now cover recommended preventive services like annual checkups, flu shots and screenings at no out-of-pocket cost.

Today, about 137 million Americans have private health insurance that covers recommended preventive services without cost sharing. And with efforts like the “Healthy Self” campaign and “Coverage to Care,” we’re educating Americans about the new preventive services that are available to them.

Situation: Your younger cousin is about to graduate from college. She’s found a great internship that could really help her career, but it doesn’t offer any benefits.

You say: Thanks to the ACA, she can stay on her parents’ health insurance plan until she turns 26, getting the job experience she needs in today’s competitive economy.

That’s just one of the many consumer protections the ACA provides. Health insurance companies are no longer able to deny you health coverage if you’ve gotten sick before, and if you’re a woman, they can’t charge you a higher premium just because of your gender. The ACA helps the health system work better for individuals./quote]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 11:49:52 AM by Weisshaupt »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #1372 on: July 03, 2015, 12:18:45 PM »
Oh Good Grief!!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1373 on: July 06, 2015, 01:12:03 PM »
That much manure has to be government sponsored...

On a lighter note...

H/T PeoplesCube -

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/nascar-s-new-fans-t16589.html

::hysterical::

Yeah, they run from their Southern God-fearin' moonshine-running past at breakneck speed, bring in a bunch of Californicated liberals and now people are shocked to learn they threw the Confederate flag in the crapper and embraced a bunch of illegals and other locusts?

Yeah, funny as heck, but their cowardice isn't.  NASCAR is setting the stage for its own demise...so that pic of a near-empty track is going to be pretty accurate...

Their attendance has been slipping in recent years...

Once the TV money goes away...

Poof!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1375 on: July 08, 2015, 01:55:25 PM »
Faked.

The trash of America are having a field day that a few people fell for their faked photo.  I mean the flag is fake, not the clown pants.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1376 on: July 08, 2015, 02:03:47 PM »
Meanwhile...

Bengahzi, not fake, nobody cares...

Emailgate, not fake, nobody cares...

Physically and mentally that creature is a trainwreck, not fake...nobody cares...

That is the real joke...   ::unknowncomic::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1377 on: July 09, 2015, 11:56:45 AM »
http://www.weaselzippers.us/228613-st-louis-microbrewery-introduces-new-beer-that-mocks-islam-libs-go-bezerk/

Heh!

More proof (as if more is needed!) that Prog's are one of the biggest bunch of joyless bastards infesting the planet...second only to Islaminals...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #1378 on: July 09, 2015, 12:17:10 PM »
I don't care about their berzerkery or their outrage and I will not be made to care.

Someday, I will choose to care, though, and they'll wish I hadn't.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1379 on: July 09, 2015, 05:23:02 PM »
Quick, get in the TARPIS!

I think mine is cooler...