Author Topic: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread  (Read 601225 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread
« Reply #1380 on: July 09, 2015, 07:17:46 PM »
Yours does look cooler.

Why are you calling it a TARPIS?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1381 on: July 09, 2015, 09:10:08 PM »
Yours does look cooler.

A TENTIS then?  Its fabric of some sort... tarp, tent, whatever. .

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1382 on: July 09, 2015, 09:43:50 PM »
Did I post this before?

Oh well. If I did sue me.  I know I showed it to my kids once.. but guess what - they  don't remember.
Electronic Wasting disease I suppose.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #1383 on: July 10, 2015, 06:40:24 AM »
Yours does look cooler.

A TENTIS then?  Its fabric of some sort... tarp, tent, whatever. .

TENTIS seems more appropriate.  I wonder if it could suffice as a one-man ice fishing shelter?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1384 on: July 10, 2015, 06:41:02 AM »
Did I post this before?

Oh well. If I did sue me.  I know I showed it to my kids once.. but guess what - they  don't remember.
Electronic Wasting disease I suppose.

I don't recall seeing it. 

A tale of origins and endings...clever.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1385 on: July 10, 2015, 08:11:12 AM »
And 'Soup's deer posting reminded me of this funny pic...

::hysterical::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #1387 on: July 10, 2015, 09:28:39 AM »
The PeoplesCube has been on fire lately. I really appreciate people who rise to the challenge of adversity.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1388 on: July 10, 2015, 11:28:37 PM »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1389 on: July 13, 2015, 07:18:53 AM »
the chart of the year

I guess we're at 2 going on to 3.  Why is this funny? 

There should be an arrow indicating "Shooting starts now".

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1391 on: July 13, 2015, 09:20:48 AM »
Ah, sometimes I wish I had Liberals in my life I could torment with stuff like this.. alas, I shunned them all years ago

http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2015/07/13/its-time-for-conservatives-to-play-by-the-new-rules-n2023689/page/full

We conservatives have spent far too long playing by the old rules when liberals have completely changed the game. There was a time when laws meant what they said, when individual rights were important, when the government did not make it its business to oppress the executive’s ideological opponents, and when principles mattered. But that time has passed.

There’s a new set of rules, and while we don’t have control in Washington right now, we do have control most everywhere else – and someday a conservative will be president again. So there is no reason not to get going right now playing by the same rules the liberals do!

Of course, first we need to understand the basis of the new rules – it’s about having the moral courage to obtain and keep power. Until now, we conservatives have been guided by “principles” and “values” that only serve to distract us from what’s really important. Under the new rules, we will no longer let arbitrary ideas about how America should work get in the way of maximizing our ability to exercise our authority over others. After all, our supremacy is a moral imperative.

We will step beyond obsolete notions about process and embrace the primacy of results. We will stop treating “means” and “ends” like they are distinct and different – as 1984 (Read it – lots of great tactics, techniques and procedures!) teaches, “Power is not a means; it is an end.” Means and ends will flow together seamlessly, and we will stop getting hung-up on how we do things and focus on the real goal under the new rules – consolidating our power for the greater good.

Take the law. Under the old rules, judges were constrained by the plain meaning of the text, but that is far too restrictive. Words must mean what we need them to mean, no more and no less. We have to appoint judges who won’t prattle on about “judicial restraint” and “not legislating from the bench,” and who will reliably rule exactly how we need them to rule on each and every case. Let’s appoint judges, who understand that their purpose is to rationalize rulings that support our policy priorities, not seek some “legally correct” decision that might not. The law of the land is whatever we want it to be!

We should celebrate Judge Roberts’s recent Obamacare decision - it was liberating! He made it clear that when we want a different result, we don’t have to be deterred by the fact that the law means exactly the opposite. He affirmed that judges should interpret statutes – and the Constitution too – based upon a subjective desire for a particular outcome. Think of the possibilities for conservative progress if we aren’t hamstrung by some inconvenient text in a statute or the literal meaning of the words on some ancient parchment!

Where we have control of law enforcement, we have another great opportunity to play by the new rules. There are all sorts of liberal organizations out there shamelessly advocating policies and ideas we disapprove of. As we have learned, we can turn the power of the government upon them to root out this wrongdoing. We do not need to bother with accusing them of any kind of specific crime – why should we restrict our investigations to clear violations of laws? Instead, we can launch fishing expeditions to see what we can dig up – and even if there’s nothing, well, remember that the process is the punishment. Regardless, it’s important to establish that our political opponents will pay a price for presuming to oppose us.

And, naturally, when our allies are accused of breaking the law, we just ignore it. There needs to be two sets of laws – one for us, and one for everyone else. Otherwise, we might be constrained from doing what we please.

And there are other opportunities a huge government can provide us. Beyond audits and blocking vital certifications, the IRS has plenty of juicy information on every American – we can selectively release it to intimidate those who do not support us. And when we get a hold of everyone’s medical records under Obamacare – wow! What an opportunity!

Of course, there will not be any Obamacare. Oh, technically it might be hard to repeal (though getting rid of the filibuster entirely will make it much easier!), but who needs to repeal it when we can just choose not to enforce it? Our next president simply has to instruct the rest of the executive branch that they will not be taking any action with regard to implementing Obamacare, not collecting any of its taxes (they are taxes this week, right?) and not enforcing any of its mandates. Understand that we won’ be refusing to carry out the law – we’ll just be focusing on different executive priorities!

Perhaps the mainstream media will speak up, at least at first. But, you know, the New York Times, NBC and the rest really seem to have way too much power over our national conversation. It just isn’t fair how these big companies drown out the voices of regular people. Heck, these corporate entities are not even people and certainly should not have rights like people do to speak freely and so forth. They are more of a public utility, and frankly, they have not been serving the public good. That’s why we will use the FCC to take charge and oversee the shamefully deregulated mainstream media. We especially need some sort of doctrine to ensure fairness that forces the Washington Post and CNN to give a fair hearing to conservative ideas, religious views, and traditional values.

You know, there’s been a lot of bigotry against conservatives, religious people, and traditional Americans, and it is time the government took action by concentrating its anti-discrimination efforts on those spewing hate against them. We will have to root out policies and practices that result in such prejudice. Step one is focusing on colleges, where hate against normal Americans runs amok. Colleges that refuse to conform will lose their funding and tax exempt status – oh, and we will be taxing excessive endowments too. Schools like liberal Harvard have billions socked away, money that could be better used serving working Americans’ priorities than those of wealthy college administrators.

And speaking of billions, Hollywood and the entertainment industry need our attention. They spew out a tremendous amount of hate against conservatives, religious people, and traditional Americans, and that kind of intolerance simply cannot be tolerated. We’ll need to take action under the discrimination laws to punish the kind of offensive words and portrayals that make normal Americans feel unsafe and marginalized in theaters and their own homes.

Moreover, those in Hollywood and in the high tech world are getting far too rich. They are simply not paying their fair share – remember that their wealth came from the regular Americans who buy movie tickets and iPhones, and it is only right that these rich liberals give something back to working American families.

A 40% surcharge on all Hollywood and Silicon Valley windfall profits would go a long way towards making things fairer – and this has nothing to do with the fact that most Hollywood and Silicon Valley political money goes to our opponents. But don’t worry about our conservative allies in those two fields – if they don’t pay we just won’t prosecute them! But if you’re liberal, watch out!

Of course, it’s entirely possible that we and the Hollywood and high tech moguls can resolve the issues that led to them pouring money into our enemy’s coffers and come to some understanding that keeps us from having to rollback copyright protections on their intellectual property to, say, ten years.

This is only the beginning – the new rules liberate us from the constraints that for so long kept us from truly making conservative progress. All those “principles” and “ideals” about right and wrong and all that only served to take our eyes off of the real prize – our power, which we would only use for the common good.

Sure, we were all sad to see the old rules go, but gone they are. Our liberal friends made sure of that. So let’s make the best of it!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1392 on: July 13, 2015, 09:51:22 AM »
Heh -

WOW - 2
IMPORTANT - 1
INSANE - 4
RIDICULOUS - 4

SURPRISING - 1
AWESOME - 34
SMART - 5

Must only be 4 proglodytes causing mischief at Townhall...

I am in your boat too...I have to harass libiots from afar, I've purged them from physical contact...the ones I see at-large are annoying enough...

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1393 on: July 13, 2015, 09:59:30 AM »
I'm already there dude. ;')

My older brother is a moralist, I am a pragmatist. We're both students of conservationism but we approach it from different angles.

In one (of many) long, troubling discussions we have had recently I mentioned the antiquated notion of "governance by consent of the governed" and told him that I had withdrawn my consent. He was fairly horrified by this turn and wanted to know more.

"The left has won" I said. "So let them choke on their victory". Not only the culture warz, but the pivotal issues of our age. They succeeded in rendering the institution of marriage - the foundation for any civilization - meaningless. In an age where they had already succeeded in telling young people that marriage was unnecessary and passe, they set up the circumstance where now only phags want to get "married".

And the root fundamental issue of the 1st Amendment right of free association? Shot in the ass. Neutered. Snip snip. Gone.

SCOTUS tells us that we must purchase a product because some pinhead in Washington tells us that it's for our own good (even when it is crystal clear that it ISN'T). Fine you if you decline; jail you if you resist.

"Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God"

If I'm going to bow down to anyone it sure as hell isn't going to be Øbongo.

So I have slipped the chain of obedience to a tyrant. Naturally I want to keep those chains off so the best way is to adopt the coloration of my surroundings. When I abandoned ethics and any sense of fair play that became easy. To leftists words are fluid, flexible, and things to be broadly interpreted. Anything means anything you want it to be. How liberating!

I'm no longer robbing a bank - I'm "repurposing" the money.

Racist terms like "Due Date" Past-Due" and "overage Charge" are all Microaggression trigger words and I'm on a mission to ban them from polite society.

Ignore the law? I wouldn't dream of it. Instead I'm prioritizing my options and maximizing my time management.

In the real world (of course) I am doing what I can to Go Galt because I do know that this merry~go~round can't spin out of control forever.

In the meanwhile the left invented Cloward-Piven...it's the least I can do to give them a heaping helping of their own medicine.

Edit: Altard-proofed

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1394 on: July 13, 2015, 10:34:18 AM »
Whatever happened to...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/21/1353183/--BlackLivesMatter-Mall-of-America-Protest-Photos-and-Videos

Last seen waddling through Mall of America, getting in the way of the productive half of America living their productive lives.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1395 on: July 13, 2015, 11:24:59 AM »
Whatever happened to...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/21/1353183/--BlackLivesMatter-Mall-of-America-Protest-Photos-and-Videos

Last seen waddling through Mall of America, getting in the way of the productive half of America living their productive lives.

raptavio

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #1396 on: July 13, 2015, 12:13:42 PM »
Yeah, "peaceful gathering/protest".  On somebody else's property.

Ignore the law? I wouldn't dream of it. Instead I'm prioritizing my options and maximizing my time management.

I'm lovin' it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1397 on: July 13, 2015, 02:26:57 PM »
Whatever happened to raptavio?

http://www.gifbin.com/988001

(enter at your own risk)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1398 on: July 14, 2015, 07:04:01 AM »
(I didn't risk it)

In other news...

Something the military will get to experience soon...at a battlefield/base/ship near you...

Dyke arrested for beating her bitch with a dildo...

...Oh oh, PoPo profiling is a no-no!  How do they know it just wasn't how they tussle?

::hysterical::

And then there is this charming soul...

A wife lucky to have any man beats up her hubby...for flying the Confederate flag.

Maybe she'll do OK in jail?

::rolllaughing::
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 07:07:33 AM by Libertas »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #1399 on: July 14, 2015, 08:29:50 PM »
  Was the dyke charged with assault with a friendly weapon?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie