Author Topic: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread  (Read 600404 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 04:31:39 PM »
Here's one. And yes, it's a shameless plug for another one of my reviews at Amazon.

This time I am reviewing something called the "Democrat Kit" which (I think) is supposed to be a costume. I chose to review it as if it was something that could literally transform a normal person into a Democrat and how I was disappointed that it didn't work.

As I have done in a few of my Amazon reviews, I used the comments section to plug our site, too.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 05:09:30 PM »
Laugh out loud funny, Trap!

The comments are priceless from the dem-morons. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 06:00:03 PM »
Trap, I'm still laughing.....lololol
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2012, 06:37:09 PM »
Priceless, Trap. ::hysterical::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2012, 06:40:11 PM »
Another shameless plug: Read through a few more of my reviews. I personally don't think I'm all that funny (well, sort of funny, I can write this nonsense in my sleep) but some of the outraged comments from "true believers" are pretty good...so be sure to read the comments. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. I write. They respond. Predictably. I get to harpoon them. Mercilessly.

Seriously, though, anyone can do this. It's fun. It's cathartic. And best of all, it's free.

And I enjoy writing. So...everyone wins. Except the half wits. Give it a try. Just find an absurdly ridiculous product and let your imagination go nuts.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 06:49:16 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2012, 07:34:53 PM »
Dood!  You're merciless!  And they deserve nothing less!   :D
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2012, 07:41:20 PM »
Hey, I just realized that I am one of the ranked reviewers at Amazon. They only rank the top 10,000 people who offer reviews and I am currently #2870.

I guess it's kind of evil or something that there are over seven thousand people ranked lower than me who actually take the whole review writing thing pretty seriously.

I don't remember if I mentioned it or not but I DO leave breadcrumbs there that lead back here. Don't think it works very well but someday it might pay off.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2012, 08:11:42 PM »
 ::thumbsup:: ::cool:: ::laughonfloor::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2012, 08:26:19 PM »
  I love the hell out of that. ::hysterical::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2012, 09:28:20 PM »
I love that you have created another way to get the word out. 

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2012, 11:07:54 PM »
And it's interesting that Amazon has yanked three or four of the lib comments. It appears that several someones had themselves a little meltdown  ;D

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2012, 11:32:48 PM »
Yeah, I can't figure that one out. You would think that they would yank my comments, my reviews...everything. I make no pretense that I am actually providing a real review of most of these things. I have written a few reviews that are mostly serious but they are still written in the same tone and spirit as the rest.

Some day they will come to their senses and kick me out but I'm having fun until that day arrives.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2012, 10:00:30 AM »
The best sort of dumbass is the one who is so thoroughly convinced of their own intellectual and educational superiority that they have a total blind spot for what cogent argument actually looks like.

I saw one of those reviews, of one of those magical energy saving appliances, where someone claiming to be Mr. Electrical Engineer attempts to dazzle with his use of formulae (while working in some jabs against know-nothing electricians). A real electrical engineer had to respond and point out that a watt, as a unit of power, exists irrespective of voltage and current. A watt is a watt is a watt.

You're right, it's fish in a barrel.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2012, 10:11:46 PM »
Some day they will come to their senses and kick me out but I'm having fun until that day arrives.

Maybe someone at Amazon has a sense of humor.....

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2012, 10:15:45 PM »
Hard to say. I think I'm gonna write a review on Meghan McCain's upcoming book. It comes out in a couple of weeks and if the title is any indication it is puke-worthy and deserving of maximum ridicule. Of course, anything she writes is deserving of such treatment. She begs for it and then complains about the treatment she gets.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 07:53:43 AM »
And it's interesting that Amazon has yanked three or four of the lib comments. It appears that several someones had themselves a little meltdown  ;D

Crap. And I missed them. I'm willing to bet they were some real winners!
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »

Crap. And I missed them. I'm willing to bet they were some real winners!

Yea, me too but you can guess at the gist of their snotty-grams from Traps responses. You know it just has to smart to come back to find your "brilliant" post scrubbed but a good face-slap left behind  ;D

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2012, 03:43:14 PM »
Okay, back to our regularly scheduled programming here at the "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" thread...

Obama and the "Choom Gang" get the Taiwanese Video Treatment:

I love the little bongs that spin around above his head. Plus the "magic dragon" insert.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 06:56:22 PM »
I think that falling out of the car part was real.

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2012, 08:16:12 PM »
We need some screen caps of him sucking down on that bong.