Author Topic: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread  (Read 600752 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 10:37:59 PM »
And now a little tune that goes by the name of...

Boob

Belt

Fever

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2012, 11:02:11 PM »
pretty funny

I guess the arms weren't enough they had to go to the belt...
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 12:26:57 AM »
I wonder if this fashion statement is yet another piece of critical and stupid advice from Valerie Jarrett?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 08:57:12 AM »
I wonder if this fashion statement is yet another piece of critical and stupid advice from Valerie Jarrett?

I've read this advice before many times---wearing a belt is supposed to make you look thinner, like you have a waist.  I think it looks riduculous most of the time, drawing the eye to the parts you don't want to show off.

Everyday Icon: Michelle Obama and the Power of Style [Hardcover] by Kate Betts
 Trap, you might want to check this book out.  hahhaha  There are reviewers who think Mrs. BO has style.  I think she looks like she buys her clothes on sale at Kohl's and JCpennys and then pretends she got them at a boutique.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 11:12:32 AM »
I will take a look at it.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »

I've read this advice before many times---wearing a belt is supposed to make you look thinner, like you have a waist.  I think it looks riduculous most of the time, drawing the eye to the parts you don't want to show off.

Everyday Icon: Michelle Obama and the Power of Style [Hardcover] by Kate Betts
 Trap, you might want to check this book out.  hahhaha  There are reviewers who think Mrs. BO has style.  I think she looks like she buys her clothes on sale at Kohl's and JCpennys and then pretends she got them at a boutique.

If she ever looked like she had a waist, it's only because of the comparison with her caboose.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2012, 12:35:05 PM »
Where is that pic of moochelle in front of the presidential helo.....

I stand by my thoughts there....When she dresses herself, she looks like a dysfunctional Walmart shopper who wants to move up to Target, but doesn't know how. She drips classless clown.

When there is a bonifide fashion professional dressing her, hiding her flaws, she can at least appear to be fashion savvy....that is if they can steal her belt collection. Those belts make some decent looking clothing look....Walmarty....

Now, the belt she had on, the one John Cena and other WWE stars wear as WWE champion.....nice.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2012, 05:23:50 PM »
I stand by my thoughts there....When she dresses herself, she looks like a dysfunctional Walmart shopper who wants to move up to Target, but doesn't know how. She drips classless clown.

That's funny as hell. ::hysterical:: And damned accurate.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2012, 09:34:57 PM »

That's funny as hell. ::hysterical:: And damned accurate.

I think I'm gonna keep that description in reserve.  I never thought (at least in my lifetime) that it would be a perfect description of a First Lady of the United States, but there you go.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2012, 10:54:04 PM »

I wouldn't disparage clothes from WalMart, Penny's, or Kohl's with her name.
It's quite possible to purchase their clothes and be dressed appropriately.  It
does require one to take the time to research style, taste, and selection,
something that is not necessary when one shops at more upscale stores.

She knows how to dress; when she is attired like a clown you can bet she
spent time to look exactly as she does.  She and her husband have faithful
subjects to whom she makes certain receive a big silent shout-out.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2012, 06:35:55 AM »
We can put a disclaimer on the description CO, there is an element to her that no matter where the Wookie shops or what wears she'll look like she's sporting a broken trash bag.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2012, 09:52:47 AM »

I wouldn't disparage clothes from WalMart, Penny's, or Kohl's with her name.
It's quite possible to purchase their clothes and be dressed appropriately.  It
does require one to take the time to research style, taste, and selection,
something that is not necessary when one shops at more upscale stores.

You're correct.  One of my kids works in a very affluent suburb and she often sports items from WalMart (only place in town to shop when she was in college) and she rocks them. More than once she's been asked by a client where she bought those boots or sweater and she says "Oh, I bought these in a store in Michigan." (where she went to college).

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2012, 12:30:48 PM »
The key word here is dysfunctional. She could be a dysfunctional Kohls shopper, K mart, Target or Saks 5th avenue. She has no sense of style. She thinks the belt is the accessory piece that ties dysfunctional together.

Somewhere, there is a clothing designer committing suicide because moochelle took her nice piece of clothing and stuck the WWE championship belt on it....or that horrific, wide black belt which she wears in more than one of her pics.
 ::bigpuke::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »
Somewhere, there is a clothing designer committing suicide because moochelle took her nice piece of clothing and stuck the WWE championship belt on it....or that horrific, wide black belt which she wears in more than one of her pics.

::laughonfloor::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2012, 12:51:39 PM »
The key word here is dysfunctional. She could be a dysfunctional Kohls shopper, K mart, Target or Saks 5th avenue. She has no sense of style. She thinks the belt is the accessory piece that ties dysfunctional together.

You have a way with words, Don ....   ::thumbsup::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2012, 02:58:07 PM »

You have a way with words, Don ....   ::thumbsup::

Only because moochelle has a way with clothes.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2012, 10:28:22 AM »
LINK

"Artist" turns dead pet into, well...

Dutch humor, I suppose...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2012, 11:13:01 AM »
Ummm....ahhhh.....

::facepalm::

"There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures abuse dead cats and the Dutch." - Nigel Powers, father of Austin.

FIFN!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:16:31 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2012, 11:42:46 AM »
LINK

"Artist" turns dead pet into, well...

Dutch humor, I suppose...

101 Uses for a Dead Cat