Author Topic: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread  (Read 601219 times)

RickZ

Re: The "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2013, 12:22:10 AM »
My Friends used to play Bar Trek with TOS in College. Somewhere I still have a sheet with the rules, but here is short listing

Events on Screen:

To get truly hammered, drink every time a character tugs down on their top, be it a uniform shirt or a jacket.  Honestly, I don't think anyone can drink that many shots in an hour and still survive.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2013, 12:44:55 AM »
Read about the painting.  It isn't even her.  She never modeled for it.  It's just some tard's fantasy Maude.  ::hysterical::

There would be a long list of females that I might fantasize about but I can just about guarantee that Bea Arthur would not make the list. Adrien Barbeau? Perhaps. Maude? Not in this or any lifetime that I can imagine.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2013, 08:24:34 AM »
Read about the painting.  It isn't even her.  She never modeled for it.  It's just some tard's fantasy Maude.  ::hysterical::

There would be a long list of females that I might fantasize about but I can just about guarantee that Bea Arthur would not make the list. Adrien Barbeau? Perhaps. Maude? Not in this or any lifetime that I can imagine.

Didn't a guy named Arther play her husband? I remember he looked like a weasel. That guy took "go ugly early" to the extreme.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

RickZ

« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2013, 10:17:36 AM »
\/
\/
\/

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2013, 11:01:30 AM »
\/
\/
\/

Kinda explains where we are as a nation.... I chuckled a bit when I first saw the pic, but then realized THIS IS the new marines. ::facepalm::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #245 on: May 18, 2013, 11:21:39 AM »
\/
\/
\/

Kinda explains where we are as a nation.... I chuckled a bit when I first saw the pic, but then realized THIS IS the new marines. ::facepalm::

Not to mention the new military "meals on wheels".
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2013, 12:34:35 PM »
Irish Drinking Song With Lyrics - f**k You Im Drunk

ETA:  Well, there's a 'f-ck' that got by the nanny censor.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2013, 07:08:10 PM »
My Friends used to play Bar Trek with TOS in College. Somewhere I still have a sheet with the rules, but here is short listing

Events on Screen:

To get truly hammered, drink every time a character tugs down on their top, be it a uniform shirt or a jacket.  Honestly, I don't think anyone can drink that many shots in an hour and still survive.

I always thought that "tugging at the tunic" thing was some sort of secret code or inside joke. Why INF would anyone wear anything that ill-fitting?!!!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #248 on: May 19, 2013, 09:08:58 PM »
Okay, I saw this yesterday and it IS pretty damned funny, especially since it involves something common to just about everyone...a bad restaurant dining experience.

You see, there's this restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona called "Amy's Baking Company." Amy was some kind of a Las Vegas worker (A showgirl, maybe? Who knows? She's a dumb as a sack of hammers and thinks that she is a genius) who met and married some rich construction contractor (Samy who apparently is a native of Israel) about ten years back. When the economy went south and the bottom fell out of the Vegas construction market, Amy convinced Samy to put up about a million bucks to fund her dream: a classy restaurant where she could indulge in her fantasy of being a high end chef. This sounds pretty good so far.

The problem, as is true with a lot of things, was in the execution of the plan.

These two people are the absolute worst in regards to just about anything to do with a dining experience. About two years ago their behavior finally caught up with them when some guy published an online review of their little eating establishment, totally trashing it. Other online people began to pile on and before long Amy and Samy found themselves in heap big trouble as regards cash flow.

So, what did they do? They somehow were able to get themselves featured on Gordon Ramsey's "Kitchen Nightmares" reality television show. Amy was convinced that this would put a stop to the "haters" and "bloggers" who were ruining her life.

This episode aired recently and, to put it lightly, it did not go very well. There were problems that were too numerous to list but here are a few of the highlights:

1. Small restaurant with way too many items on the menu. This is actually a very, very common problem with a lot of small restaurants. The problem is that when there are too many items on the menu it becomes rather difficult to control food cost. Put another way, a lot of food is wasted because it cannot be purchased and stored in small enough quantities before it goes bad and has to be discarded. Failing to control food cost is probably the number one or number two reason that restaurants fail with "failing to control labor cost" being neck and neck with it. (The other big cause of failing to control food cost is oversized portions. You see that when food is left on the plate because the customer simply couldn't eat that much.)

2. Employee turnover rate is too high. This little, tiny restaurant went through something like 100 employees in its most recent year. That is ridiculous and can only be explained properly by watching the episode.

3. The chef (Amy) cannot cook food properly. Again, you have to watch the episode to have a proper appreciation for just how bad this is.

4. The owners steal the tips from their staff. Yeah, that's hard to believe but they do it and, in their own minds, justify doing it.

5. The owners are incapable of properly communicating with each other. Has to be seen to be believed.

6. The owners are hostile to their clientele. I mean really, really hostile to the point of retaliatory violence. Has to be seen to be believed.

7. The owners are hostile to the expert (Gordon Ramsey) who they invited to help them repair their reputation. Apparently, Amy and Samy thought that Chef Ramsey would visit their little eating establishment and a) find nothing wrong at all and then b) tell the world via his television show that Amy and Samy are the best restauranteurs in the entire state of Arizona if not the entire country and then all of their problems would go away. When this did not happen they both went ballistic, especially Amy.

Think this is all there is to it? Think again.

After the episode of "Kitchen Nightmares" aired (a little over a week ago), the Facebook page for "Amy's Baking Company" went from a few hundred to over 95,000 followers. Apparently everyone wanted to get in on the train wreck. Any way that Amy and Samy would react graciously to a few thousand new critics? Not a chance. First, they responded personally to hundreds of their new Facebook friends with profanity and vulgarity usually associated with sailors and Marines. Then, when someone pointed out to them something about the first rule of holes, they resorted to the Anthony Weiner school of stupid excuses and claimed that their Facebook account had been hacked and that they never said all of those awful things.

This is a textbook example of how to do just about everything wrong in small business in general and in the restaurant business in particular. It's both breathtaking and hilarious in its cringe-worthiness.

I suggest that you start by watching the "Kitchen Nightmares" episode:

Then read the FNC follow up story to what happened next by clicking here.

Finally, as a bonus, visit the Facebook page for "Amy's Baking Company" by clicking here. They decided to shut down for a few days and are getting ready for a "Grand Re-Opening" this coming Tuesday so I expect that things are only going to spiral further out of control after that. Even Martha Stewart is getting in on the action...she is now following Amy's Facebook page and has posted a picture of "Crazy Amy" on her own page. It's also pretty obvious that Amy and Samy have taken to creating fake Facebook accounts to comment on their own page about how wonderful the restaurant is and how horrible their critics are. No one is fooled.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 09:21:09 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #249 on: May 19, 2013, 11:15:33 PM »
Reading Amy's Facebook page is comedy gold.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #250 on: May 20, 2013, 07:58:42 AM »

Didn't she make a Roger Corman move or two, in the 70's or 80's?  As I remember, no need to fantasize what they looked like.

::thinking::

::thumbsup::

::pimp::

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #251 on: May 22, 2013, 12:50:34 PM »
Okay, there are several threads this COULD go in....but it IS funny, so I put it here. (Subject to the tolerance of our benevolent moderators of course!)

JESUS VS. MUHAMMAD!! (Qur'an Challenge II)
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #252 on: May 22, 2013, 01:16:14 PM »
LOL...I'm passing this along....LOL

RickZ

« Reply #253 on: May 22, 2013, 04:08:01 PM »
Love the music!

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #254 on: May 23, 2013, 04:42:38 AM »

The old whore denied it until the day she died but she served in the Marine Corps during WW II . Go figure ...

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #255 on: May 23, 2013, 07:02:37 AM »
That clip is pretty dang good CHF!   ::thumbsup::  Definitely pass that one along!

Maude was a Marine?

Was she the flamethrower instructor?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #256 on: May 23, 2013, 08:06:10 AM »
Maude was a Marine?

Was she the flamethrower instructor?

Ballbuster instructor.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

RickZ

« Reply #258 on: May 23, 2013, 10:08:15 AM »
What no Bathhouse Barry and Moochelle melding?  (It would be the first time they melded in years; Mooch just doesn't have the right, -er, equipment.)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #259 on: May 23, 2013, 10:24:30 AM »