Author Topic: UN: Compensation for victims of terrorism  (Read 1308 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
UN: Compensation for victims of terrorism
« on: May 13, 2012, 09:36:56 PM »
LINK

People seriously injured or maimed by terrorist attacks across the world would be granted automatic legal rights to compensation and rehabilitation under far-reaching changes to rebalance international law in favour of victims, a UN report will recommend next month.

So, this seems good right? I mean, who could possibly be against compensating victims of terrorist violence? Sounds familiar (i.e. we HAVE to do this for the children!) and more than a bit nefarious.

So if the US (for example) kills a known Muslim terrorist (for example) with a drone strike but doesn't get 'permission' (lets just save this quaint notion that we even need to get permission from this jerks in the first place for a different argument so other time) from the UN to do so first (lets say it was a time-sensitive situation and the target was about to disappear), can the terrorist's relatives then claim it as a terrorist act and whine to the UN for reparations from the US? Sort of in a similar way that the democrats use class warfare. The UN would garner support from a sympathetic world population and the US would then be pressured (read extorted) for payouts. Yeah, I can certainly see this as the beginning of such an end scheme.

It is way WAY past time for us to get out of the UN and kick them out of our country.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:52:33 PM by BMG »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: UN: Compensation for vivtims of terrorism
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 10:57:48 PM »
 ::gaah::

Can we just get rid of the UN now???????????
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 06:40:36 AM »
Until we get a Congress and President with sense and big brass ones nothing will be done.

Scratch that something will be done...to us!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 08:33:30 AM »
Until we get a Congress and President with sense and big brass ones nothing will be done.

Since I've been hearing about getting rid of the UN since I was a kid I'm not expecting it EVER.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 08:39:02 AM »

Since I've been hearing about getting rid of the UN since I was a kid I'm not expecting it EVER.

Yup.  Would be a nice day to wake up to though!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.