Author Topic: Austin, TX Police State of Mind  (Read 833 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Austin, TX Police State of Mind
« on: May 14, 2012, 11:28:26 AM »
Del Rio said the police treated him like he was the “Unibomber” over his disheveled appearance — uncombed hair and shirtless nature — which he attributed to just waking up. He says he was interrogated for 10 hours.

The American-Statesman goes on to report local structural engineer Jeffrey Tucker, who constructed the retaining wall, as saying he inspected the house in 2009 and at the time it seemed “structurally safe” with no signs to indicate it would fall in.

Off the Grid Survival reports some of the $90,000 bill Del Rio received from the city was for filling in his bunker with 264 pounds of concrete.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/72-year-old-suing-city-of-austin-for-seizing-his-home-and-condemning-it-for-building-fallout-shelter/

Remember, we are not a police state, yet...we are only police state in certain spots...nothing to see here, move along!

/
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: Austin, TX Police State of Mind
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 12:19:04 PM »

"Keep Austin Weird", that's the city motto. 
They named it, they got it.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 08:53:10 PM »
Hopefully Del Rio will get sufficient recompense, but I'm willing to bet the city's legal team will take into account his age and drag out legal proceedings in an attempt to avoid payout by letting him die first.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 06:59:05 AM »
In another age I would dispute that as a consideration, but that age is barely a memory now...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.