Author Topic: J-Mac sharpened his back-stabbing knife...and is ready to use it again!  (Read 532 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
McCain predicts the avalanche of corporate and union money loosed by the Supreme Court’s landmark 2010 decision, Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, will eventually lead to “a major scandal.”

Yeah, so?  Laws are made, people break them, but it's the cover-up that's usually the scandal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
McCain predicts the avalanche of corporate and union money loosed by the Supreme Court’s landmark 2010 decision, Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, will eventually lead to “a major scandal.”

Yeah, so?  Laws are made, people break them, but it's the cover-up that's usually the scandal.

Yup.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

charlesoakwood

McCain has intimate knowledge of scandal, kick backs, money laundering
and such.  He just doesn't know how to avoid them.  He loves manipulating
other peoples money.  He's the savings and loan bag man.

When McCain first ran for congress he went around to all of his wife's
warehouses, gave speeches he did, he told all the workers that if they
didn't vote for him he'd be their boss and would probably fire some of
them.  He's a peach.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
McCain is such an asshat.

When the USAF needed new aerial refueling tankers (because the ones they were/are flying were built in the 1950's), Boeing made a deal with the government to lease some birds to them at a very amicable price and since it was a lease all of the maintenance and upgrades would be on Boeing's nickle.  Asshat thought that a lease was too much in favor of Boeing and the American people would be taken to the cleaners. During his investigation he found some inappropriate dealings between the head of the USAF procurement and a Boeing VP for a job (for her when she retired from the gov.) and other personal favors (giving a job to the son-in-law of said USAF official) created a scandal.  McCain also made sure that the lease deal was axed and both the USAF official and the Boeing VP served jail time.  Forcing the USAF, that still needed tankers, to open a competition to all bidders for a purchase contract for tankers.  The bidders were Boeing and European Aeronautic Defense and Space Company (EADS) the parent of Airbus (who partnered with Northrup-Grumman for some of the military content).  The competition went to EADS/NG and the tankers were to be built in France (some assembly, mostly just the militarization, was to be done in the US).  Boeing noticed that the evaluation to select a winner in that competition was amiss.  Apparently the rules were changed to favor Airbus very late in the competition and that Northrup (a team member of the winner) were the entity that ran some very important simulations that selected the winner.  Boeing protested the award (which is something Boeing never does) and the GAO upheld the protest.  McCain shouted foul about the protest.  But the competition had to be rerun.  After the third attempt Boeing was selected as the winner and the KC-46 was finally the USAF's new tanker.

The moral of the story is McCain thinking he was saving the American people money actually cost us 3 times the original lease price and 8 years of time that the warfighter could have had a new tanker.  He saved nothing (actually cost us lots) and put our service members in harms way (for a longer period of time than they should have been.

The original lease price for 180 aircraft was much lower that the current purchase contract for 179 aircraft.
Eschew Obfuscation

charlesoakwood

<|------o--o----(°/\°)----o--o-----|>

John McCain was training in his AD-6 Skyraider on an overcast Texas morning in 1960 when he slammed into Corpus Christi Bay and sheared the skin off his plane's wings.

McCain was "clowning" around in a Skyraider over southern Spain about December 1961 and flew into electrical wires, causing a blackout, according to McCain's own account as well as those of naval officers and enlistees aboard the carrier Intrepid.
In another incident, in 1965, McCain crashed a T-2 trainer jet in Virginia.
The Times interviewed men who served with McCain and located once-confidential 1960s-era accident reports and formerly classified evaluations of his squadrons during the Vietnam War. This examination of his record revealed a pilot who early in his career was cocky, occasionally cavalier and prone to testing limits.

In today's military, a lapse in judgment that causes a crash can end a pilot's career. Though standards were looser and crashes more frequent in the 1960s, McCain's record stands out.

"Three mishaps are unusual," said Michael L. Barr, a former Air Force pilot with 137 combat missions in Vietnam and an internationally known aviation safety expert who teaches in USC's Aviation Safety and Security Program. "After the third accident, you would say: Is there a trend here in terms of his flying skills and his judgment?"

http://factcheck.org/2008/09/mccains-plane-crashes/

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Or, to sum it all up: McCain is quite the asshole.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.