Author Topic: More double-standard in MFMville  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
More double-standard in MFMville
« on: March 19, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:25:12 AM by IronDioPriest »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: More double-standard in MFMville
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:18:55 PM »
Baldwin is another "civility-violator" -- except not to the Left.  I guess "entertainers" get the same exemption as "comedians".  Funny how Media Matters is not busting Capital One Visa's chops about their Alec spokeshole.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:38:22 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 01:37:11 PM »
I see a vile asshat like that doing a commercial first thing I am doing is making sure I don't use whateverthehell is being pimped!

!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 12:29:17 PM »
LINK

According to Halperin, the press will be just fine if Obama “bumper-sticker(s) it,” but Romney will have to present an overwhelmingly compelling argument in order to get the media to acknowledge it.  As it happens, I agree with Halperin on this point, because Obama’s been “bumper-stickering it” for the last five years, and the media still hasn’t called him on it.  But shouldn’t that be, y’know, a little embarrassing for Halperin to admit?  Essentially, Halperin predicts that the media will fawn all over Obama at the debates regardless of whether he says anything intelligent or not, perhaps particularly if he doesn’t say anything intelligent … and that seems to be OK with Halperin.

Just updating the thread...
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 12:55:26 PM »
LINK

“This is unbelievable,” said conservative consultant Greg Mueller. “The CBS story manages to not mention the change in women numbers,” he said, adding sarcastically. “No media bias here -- Obama is getting fluffy stories about his commencement speech to women at Barnard  -- so we better bury the reality.”

Just updating the thread...

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 01:16:58 PM »

I don't think there was ever a problem with women.
Ask LV about her mother.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 04:46:59 PM »

I don't think there was ever a problem with women.
Ask LV about her mother.

::laughonfloor::

::bows::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."