Author Topic: Yet another attempt to pervert the Bill of Rights  (Read 586 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Yet another attempt to pervert the Bill of Rights
« on: May 15, 2012, 08:00:53 AM »
LINK

“There are issues with this bill’s unintended consequences,” said House Majority Leader Nicholas Mattiello. “That bill has the potential for causing significant problems for our municipalities.”

I don't believe the consequences are 'unintended'. Politicians know exactly what it will do and the chaos it will cause and that is exactly what they want it to do.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Yet another attempt to pervert the Bill of Rights
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 08:08:38 AM »
Yeah, unitended my ass!  It's more of the Cloward-Piven overload strategy. 

Man, I can't stand asshats, really, I'm not getting any younger and soon these fools need to be dealt with once and for all...

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 08:17:36 AM »
“It’s not about giving individuals who are homeless extra rights, it’s about leveling the playing field,” said Megan Smith, a homeless advocate who co-wrote the bill of rights.

Sure it is, you commie, as though it's within your power to "give" rights.

At its extreme, discrimination against the homeless can become violent. Since 1999 there have been 1,184 cases of violence in the U.S. against homeless people attributed to bias, according to a compilation by Donovan’s organization. More than 300 of those cases involved the death of a homeless person.

Rhode Island lawmakers passed a law in 2010 making it a hate crime to commit a crime against someone because they are homeless.

But most of the discrimination facing the homeless is much more subtle, according to several homeless people interviewed by The Associated Press.

I see.  It's discrimination now to not want to have to put up with the smell, disorder, violence and mental instability of the "homeless".

A reckoning over this kind of crap is coming, I tell ya .......
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 08:34:28 AM »
Years ago when I worked in downtown St.Paul I came into contact with a lot of homeless types...I parked down by the Gillette building...big lots down there...homeless dudes would rolling in from the train tracks off the southeastern end...

One day an indian (feather) obviously still drunk from whatever lighter fluid he consumed...came staggering through the lot into town, got just a head of me then stopped and turned around and started screaming and cursing and acting completely nuts...went and barked at a lady, I didn't know her but I started walking back to make sure he wasn't going to do anything to her...then he stumbles off still screaming and cursing...picks up a big rock on the ground and chucks it at a car...now my cell phone is out (one of those old clunky Nokia's c.1990) and calling the cops...I walk over to inpsect the car so I can give a license number to the cop as well as a description of the fool and I notice he hit the car two spots from mine and blew out the back window.

Can't wait to see what kind of special rights this ilk is deserving of...

::facepalm::

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.