Author Topic: Wanted to know what it felt like to be shot  (Read 1370 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Wanted to know what it felt like to be shot
« on: May 15, 2012, 09:29:48 AM »
LINK

State police in St. Lawrence County say the shooting occurred around 5 p.m. Sunday in the rural town of Stockholm when 25-year-old Shawn Mossow of neighboring Norfolk relented to his friend's repeated requests and shot him once in the right leg with a .22-caliber rifle.

Mossow was charged with reckless endangerment. He's being held in the county jail on $10,000 bail. It could not be immediately determined if he had a lawyer.

Though it is unclear from the story (what can you expect, it is a news article after all and journalists really suck at providing all the details), I have to wonder why the guy who did the shooting was charged at all. I guess I can see it if there is a law in that town about discharging firearms within the city limits. The story doesn't clarify that so I am left guessing that he was charged for the act of shooting his friend - at his friend's request. If that is the case and the friend corroborates that, it seems like a victimless crime to me and no one should be charged.

It's all just speculation on my part. And I can see how the crime that he was charged with (reckless endangerment) could be applied to discharging a firearm within the city limits or to the actual shooting. Still, the way laws are applied these days it is not impossible to think that the guy is being charged for a crime that never took place.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Wanted to know what it felt like to be shot
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 09:38:18 AM »
No matter what happens between people today, the cops want to get involved.  And if the cops get involved, somebody gets charged with something.

We wonder why the courts are backlogged ........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 10:00:02 AM »
I wonder who paid the medical bill?
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 11:28:29 AM »
Who called the police?  Who's house were they in?  Who has given statements?  What's the prosecutor say beyond the charge filed?  Typical AP story...half-assed reporting with little facts...

Actually they should have shot the AP reporter in the leg and been given a reward.

It was probably only written to catch Jay Leno's attention...if somebody had died it would have been Darwin-worthy...

::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 12:21:53 AM »
The hospital probably called the police. Anybody coming in with a gunshot wound, the cops are getting called.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 06:28:15 AM »
Who called the police?  Who's house were they in?  Who has given statements?  What's the prosecutor say beyond the charge filed?  Typical AP story...half-assed reporting with little facts...

Actually they should have shot the AP reporter in the leg and been given a reward.

It was probably only written to catch Jay Leno's attention...if somebody had died it would have been Darwin-worthy...

::)

Somehow, I'm guessing alcohol was involved...and of course AP doesn't tell us how MUCH alcohol was involved...
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.