Author Topic: Conservatives are Not funny.  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Conservatives are Not funny.
« on: May 18, 2012, 07:41:26 AM »
But liberals are pretty damn funny at times

Okay you are annoyed Conservatives keep taking over the hash tag jokes. So you write a story on it - but don't even bother to research  to see if you didn't get the joke because you are ignorant. I guess if Jon Stewart doesn't mention the story, it didn't happen.

[blockquote]He celebrated the first Thanksgiving w/ Elizabeth Warren's ancestors who brought him maize. #ObamaInHistory #Fauxcahontas[/blockquote]

What does that story have to do with the other story. If you want to make fun of Elizabeth Warren, just make fun of Elizabeth Warren. You're diluting the joke by roping Obama into it

Oh, didn't you know that your Malignant narcissist of an a-hole president (or his staff)  injected himself into the biographies of other presidents on the White House Website?

The only think this idiot is proving is that liberals really have no sense of humor, especially when it comes to jokes about what disgusting, lying, cheating , immoral,  hypocrites they are.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Conservatives are Not funny.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 08:25:46 AM »
Libiots are genetically predisposed to have a dysfunctional humor gene, what they think is funny is often vicious, cruel and disgusting...and conversely what they think of real humor is that like all true forms of happiness, if it cannot be taxed or regulated, it must be outright destroyed.  Once you understand this perverted mindset of theirs, everything makes sense...it doesn't make the Libiots any less insane and inhuman, you just have a better ability to know how they react.  Basically they are incurable and need to be defeated by any means necessary.  And take their insanity as proof that our ridicule of them is hitting nerves.  What we really need to do is ramp up the ridicule even more!

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 08:32:07 AM »
Libiots are genetically predisposed to have a dysfunctional humor gene, what they think is funny is often vicious, cruel and disgusting...and conversely what they think of real humor is that like all true forms of happiness, if it cannot be taxed or regulated, it must be outright destroyed.  Once you understand this perverted mindset of theirs, everything makes sense...it doesn't make the Libiots any less insane and inhuman, you just have a better ability to know how they react.  Basically they are incurable and need to be defeated by any means necessary.  And take their insanity as proof that our ridicule of them is hitting nerves.  What we really need to do is ramp up the ridicule even more!

::whoohoo::

My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 09:32:47 AM »
The problem for liberals is that they take themselves seriously. All the time. And, if anyone doesn't take them seriously they freak.

We see the exact same behavior demonstrated by the automatons who worship Ron Paul.

These are some very unfunny people.

Oh, sure...they make jokes just like everyone else. Sometimes they are good jokes. Some of the best comedians are leftists even though some of their worst comedy is political in nature.

But the big hole in their lives is that they cannot take a joke. If anyone makes fun of or ridicules them because of their political views (or damned near anything else) they 1) just don't get it and 2) get seriously offended that anyone would even attempt to have a laugh at their expense.

Conservatives, on the other hand, have long gotten used to being made fun of. We are always on the receiving end of someone's attempts at humor. Usually it's quite vicious humor...insults and stuff like that. Conservatives have been absorbing this stuff for years and have developed 1) a thick skin and 2) a good attitude toward being ridiculed because we don't take ourselves too seriously.

Now, why is it that we don't take ourselves too seriously?

Well, we have a fairly well developed sense of the "courage of our convictions." We have had to defend our convictions for decades and we've gotten pretty good at it. We have the facts on our side and we know it. Since all good comedy is based on at least some small shred of the truth it is pretty easy to hear a lib try and ridicule us because their jokes are based on false premises. In other words, their (attempted) comedy is based on nothing and therefore costs us nothing.

Also, as conservatives we know (either instinctively or through experience) that people, all people, are flawed. We know that we aren't perfect and we know that all of us deserve to be the butt of a joke from time to time. We know that our leaders are (regardless of wealth or social or political status) basically schmucks like everyone else. We don't invest ourselves in our leaders because we know that sooner or later they are going to screw the pooch...everyone does. Sure, we resent the stupid (intellectually vacant) notions about GWB being Hitler but we don't come unglued over it because it is so patently ridiculous that it doesn't warrant serious consideration. On the other hand, we can laugh at GWB's foibles because, hey, he's human and he screws up. (Ironically, as far as I can remember from history, no one ever roasted Hitler at a celebrity dinner or told jokes about him in public. He was a pretty unfunny guy. And yet, the left can't seem to stop making the GWB/Hitler comparison as if there is some humor there.) At any rate, we ridicule our own. The left (and Paulbots) do not ridicule their own...they take them much too seriously for that to happen.

But the other thing that conservatives have developed over the years is a very keen ability to make jokes and to ridicule. We have gotten damned good at it. And the left doesn't understand why and finds the whole business very, very unfunny.

Too bad. Their loss.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:41:21 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 10:03:27 AM »
...if anyone doesn't take them seriously they freak....

That sounds kinda like my Mom. She has liberal tendencies, at least on the social side of things.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 04:35:56 PM »
The assholes who think conservatives aren't funny have never visited this site !  ::bustamove:: ::whoohoo:: ::mooning:: ::rimshot::