Author Topic: Why we may not want a Romney Win  (Read 555 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Why we may not want a Romney Win
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:24:10 AM »
Yeah, this is a toughie, eh?

But given the mood of the country right now and the sh*tty economy...there is no way the GOP will be completely out of power...so it should be more aptly described as a question of "shared blame"...but regardless, we know which way the Democrat-Media Complex will spin any failure...so...

In my mind the GOP really only has one option, since they'll take the hit no matter what, they have to capture the WH, Senate & retain the House or they and the nation are most definitely completely roayally screwed.

Will that happen?  I dunno, that Senate piece of the equation has been a pesky one to deal with...if not for Ruling Class backstabbing last go-around perhaps they'd be in better position to capture it this year...

Dirty rotten   ::cussing::  Butthead and his merry band of Rovian's!

::outrage::   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 08:37:43 AM »
This is something I've wrestled with myself. Sometimes I think it would be better if Obumbles wins so that he can finish destroying the country. Maybe then we can rebuild it properly after the resulting civil war...

But then I wake up and realize how utterly bad that would be!

If the voters can not see the devastation that he and his party have caused in the last four years (not to mention the decades that proceeded this last fours years!), then they'll vote for destruction next time 'round. I'd rather go out fighting now than roll over and surrender.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 10:35:53 AM »
The big problem I see with civil war is, what is to keep the ChiComs, UN or some other power to step in and take over on a "Humanitarian Basis"?  At that point we would lose all ability to "Rebuild" and would be subject to our new rulers.
Eschew Obfuscation

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 11:03:24 AM »

Isn't failure as a goal immoral?