Author Topic: Grandpa loves you.  (Read 2955 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Grandpa loves you.
« on: May 16, 2012, 07:04:19 PM »
John G. is 63 years old and owns a small business. He's a life-long Republican and sees his dream of retiring next year has all but evaporated. With the stock market crashing and new taxes coming his way, John assumes now that he will work to his dying day.

John has a granddaughter. Ashley is a recent college grad. She drives a flashy hybrid car, wears all the latest fashions, and loves to go out to nightclubs and restaurants. Ashley campaigned hard for Barack Obama. After the election she made sure her grandfather (and all other Republican family members) received a big I told-you-so earful on how the world is going to be a much better place now that her party is taking over.

Having lost both roommates, Ashley recently ran short of cash and cannot pay the rent (again) on her 3 bedroom townhouse... Like she has done many times in the past, she e-mailed her grandfather asking for some financial help.

Here is his reply:

Sweetheart, I received your request for assistance.   Ashley, you know I love you dearly and I'm sympathetic to your financial plight. Unfortunately, times have changed.  With the election of President Obama, your grandmother and I have had to set forth a bold new economic plan of our own...."The Ashley Economic Empowerment Plan."  Let me explain.

Your grandmother and I are life-long, wage-earning tax payers. We have lived a comfortable life, as you know, but we have never had the fancier things like European vacations, luxury cars, etc...  We have worked hard and were looking forward to retiring soon.  But the plan has changed. Your president is raising our personal and business taxes significantly.  He says it is so he can give our hard earned money to other people... Do you know what this means, Ashley?  It means less for us, and we must cut back on many business and personal expenses.

You know the wonderful receptionist who worked in my office for more than 23 years? The one who always gave you candy when you came over to visit? I had to let her go last week. I can't afford to pay her salary and all of the government mandated taxes that go with having employees.... Your grandmother will now work 4 days a week to answer phones, take orders and handle the books.  We will be closed on Fridays and will lose even more income.

I'm also very sorry to report that your cousin Frank will no longer be working summers in the warehouse. I called him at school this morning.  He already knows about it and he's upset because he will have to give up skydiving and his yearly trip to Greenland to survey the polar bears.

That's just the business side of things. Some personal economic effects of Obama's new taxation policies include none other than you. You know very well that over the years your grandmother and I have given you thousands of dollars in cash, tuition assistance, food, housing, clothing, gifts, etc., etc.  But by your vote, you have chosen to help others -- not at your expense -- but at our expense.

If you need money now sweetheart, I recommend you call   202-456-1111 202-456-1111   202-456-1111  202-456-1111 . That is the direct phone number for the White House.. You can also contact the White House here:   http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/%C2%A0;...

You yourself told me how foolish it is to vote Republican... You said Mr. Obama is going to be the People's President, and is going to help every American live a better life. Based on everything you've told me, along with all the promises we heard during the campaign, I'm sure Mr. Obama will be happy to transfer some stimulus money into your bank account. Have him call me for the account number which I memorized years ago.

Perhaps you can now understand what I've been saying all my life: Those who vote for a president should consider the impact on the nation as a whole, and not be just concerned with what they can get for themselves.  What Obama supporters don't seem to realize is all of the money he is redistributing to illegal aliens and non-taxpaying Americans (the so-called "less fortunate") comes from tax-paying families.

Remember how you told me, "Only the richest of the rich will be affected"? Well guess what, honey?  Because we own a business, your grandmother and I are now considered to be the richest of the rich.  On paper, it might look that way, but in the real world, we are far from it..

As you said while campaigning for Obama, some people will have to carry more of the burden so all of America can prosper... You understand what that means, right?  It means that raising taxes on productive people results in them having less money; less money for everything, including granddaughters.

I'm sorry, Ashley, but the well has run dry. The free lunches are over... I have no money to give you now. So, congratulations on your choice for "change." For future reference, I encourage you to try and add up the total value of the gifts and cash you have received from us, just since you went off to college, and compare it to what you expect to get from Mr. Obama over the next 4 (or 8) years. I have not kept track of it, Ashley. It has all truly been the gift of our hearts.

Remember, we love you dearly.... but from now on you'll need to call the number mentioned above. Your "Savior" has the money we would have given to you. Just try and get it from him.

Good luck, sweetheart.

Love, Grandpa

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Grandpa loves you.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:26:44 PM »
And so it goes.  For the young, some lessons need to be learned the hard way, but something tells me "Ashley" is going to resent Grandpa, not Obama
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 07:45:49 PM »
That is an awesome letter.  But like Pandora said the resentment will not lie on obama, but on dear old grandpa.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 07:56:28 PM »
That is an awesome letter.  But like Pandora said the resentment will not lie on obama, but on dear old grandpa.

You probably are right but it just proves that Grandpa is real Obama is an illusion.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »

Maybe Grandpa should drop a hint that Ashley, during summer vacation, come
over to the business and help Grandma.  She's not getting any younger, you know.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 08:20:35 PM »
And so it goes.  For the young, some lessons need to be learned the hard way, but something tells me "Ashley" is going to resent Grandpa, not Obama

Screw ashley - and I don't mean in the oinky-boinky funhouse-ride way. There is the better part of an entire generation of ashley's out there sitting on their flabby asses and waiting for their Øbozo bucks. I'm not gonna shout myself hoarse warning them of the crash that is coming - that chapter is over and if they haven't caught on by now they never will.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 08:40:55 PM »

Screw ashley - and I don't mean in the oinky-boinky funhouse-ride way. There is the better part of an entire generation of ashley's out there sitting on their flabby asses and waiting for their Øbozo bucks. I'm not gonna shout myself hoarse warning them of the crash that is coming - that chapter is over and if they haven't caught on by now they never will.

Teachable moment or what?
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Delta Force

• Likes the place
  • "You can run, but you'll just die tired!"
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 10:16:33 PM »
That is an awsome letter from Grandpa.  I would love to see Ashley's response to the letter.  I believe it would be a whine telling Grandpa that he didn't really love or care for her.  A typical liberal rant, because she "knows" that the obamamessiah would never deny her anything unless the mean rich refused to cooperate by turning over all of their money to him.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 11:02:16 PM »
Okay, JF...this was from a chain email (or found on web somewhere), wasn't it?

Doing a web search allowed me to find it here and here and here and here and here and probably a few dozen other places...I gave up after that last one which was posted in September of 2009.

No offense, JF, but I have a nose for email chain letter prose and I knew the moment I read this that it was almost certainly fabricated. Someone utilizes their imagination and creates this stuff out of whole cloth, as an illustration, to make a point...and now people treat it as if it is real. But it probably isn't. I would wager a case of my favorite beer that John G. & Ashley do not exist.

That doesn't make the sentiment described in the letter false, it has quite a bit of truth to it as far as that goes. However, these types of emails and letters and things do not do anything to aid our cause when they are, at their root, fake. They leave their stain of "fakeness" and "falseness" on us, as conservatives, when we spread them around as if they are authentic.

The fact is, there are probably real people somewhere (heck, all around us) that have actual true stories similar to this one. It would be far better if we could find real people with true stories about the misery that O'Bongo has caused. There certainly is no shortage of people like this. Example: I own a small business and the last three years have been the worst in its history. It's all I can do to hold on to it some days.

So...sorry to rain on everyone's parade but this story is almost certainly fake.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:13:00 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 11:09:46 PM »
I figured that, trap, which is why in my response I put "Ashley" in quotation marks.  Aesop's Fables were probably as advertised, fables; the moral of the story is not lessened nevertheless.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 11:10:53 PM »
Okay, JF...this was from a chain email (or found on web somewhere), wasn't it?

Doing a web search allowed me to find it here and here and here and here and here and probably a few dozen other places...I gave up after that last one which was posted in September of 2009.

No offense, JF, but I have a nose for email chain letter prose and I knew the moment I read this that it was almost certainly fabricated. Someone utilizes their imagination and creates this stuff out of whole cloth, as an illustration, to make a point...and now people treat it as if it is real. But it probably isn't. I would wager a case of my favorite beer that John G. & Ashley do not exist.

That doesn't make the sentiment described in the letter false, it has quite a bit of truth to it as far as that goes. However, these types of emails and letters and things do not do anything to aid our cause when they are, at their root, fake. They leave their stain of "fakeness" and "falseness" on us, as conservatives, when we spread them around as if they are authentic.

The fact is, their are probably real people somewhere that have an actual true story that is similar to this one. It would be far better if we could find real people with true stories about the misery that O'Bongo has caused. There certainly is no shortage of people like this. Heck, I own a small business and the last three years have been the worst in its history.

So...sorry to rain on everyone's parade but this story is almost certainly fake.

Julia......Julia.....is that you?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 11:14:34 PM »
I confess: I have an unhealthy amount of skepticism in my head. I can almost always spot a scam or a con.

Many people have learned the hard way to NOT invite me to those multi-level marketing meetings where they try and round up new suckers to join the pyramid scheme.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 11:18:30 PM »
Now where did I misplace my composite.....girlfri........

The great part of this story,the reason it's so easy to spread and believe, is it has a basis of reality. Sure, you can debunk it, But the simple version, like this, always stays around and stays relevant.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 11:21:57 PM »

Sneaky people...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 11:24:14 PM »
I knew the guy wasnt 63......

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 11:24:58 PM »
I totally agree with the sentiment described in the letter: The folly of youth.

Perhaps it can best be summed up with the words of Francois Guizot (1787–1874):

"Not to be a republican at 20 is proof of want of heart; to be one at 30 is proof of want of head".

These days we substitute "liberal" or "progressive" for "republican."

Or perhaps the words of P.J. O'Rourke:

"Earnestness is stupidity sent to college."

Or this one...

"I like to think of my behavior in the sixties as a "learning experience." Then again, I like to think of anything stupid I've done as a "learning experience." It makes me feel less stupid."

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:31:07 PM by trapeze »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 11:30:02 PM »
Funny - I read it as a parable right off the bat. It never occurred to me that someone was trying to pass it off as a real letter to a real granddaughter from a real grandfather.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 11:33:48 PM »
A lot of people at the links I listed treated it as if it were authentic. So it is a common reaction.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 11:40:17 PM »
Listen, if there is a belief Obama had so many girlfriends he made a composite of them all, then I can believe Ashley and her grandad are real.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 11:46:09 PM »
My belief is that O'Bongo had sex partners of a completely different sort and the composite girlfriend was thus created, necessity being the mother of invention.