Author Topic: Grandpa loves you.  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Grandpa loves you.
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 11:57:13 PM »
My belief is that O'Bongo had sex partners of a completely different sort and the composite girlfriend was thus created, necessity being the mother of invention.

Well, he admitted the last two years of school were a blur. Alcohol, drugs and homo sex.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 12:15:32 AM »
A lot of people at the links I listed treated it as if it were authentic. So it is a common reaction.

Some people have an entirely literal interpretation of everything. I'm always surprised when I encounter people who seem to have no concept of sarcasm and irony, or even hypothetical propositions. Like IDP, from the beginning I read this as a fictionalized contrivance that makes good and valid points. For sure there's plenty of real Ashleys out there.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 06:49:46 AM »
A lot of people at the links I listed treated it as if it were authentic. So it is a common reaction.

I don't mind fables, but I agree they need to be treated as such.

I'm more than a little tired of the "fake but accurate" protestations of the other side.

Although, I read something like this and immediately recognize it as aphoristic, something I think others ought to immediately recognize as general truths, but apparently many need a "tangible" example to grasp the reality.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 07:18:06 PM »
I confess: I have an unhealthy amount of skepticism in my head. I can almost always spot a scam or a con.

Many people have learned the hard way to NOT invite me to those multi-level marketing meetings where they try and round up new suckers to join the pyramid scheme.

Who said it was true?I just like the thought behind it.Mr. Dick Tracy.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie