Author Topic: NPR defunded by the House  (Read 1832 times)

charlesoakwood

NPR defunded by the House
« on: March 17, 2011, 04:06:27 PM »

Exclamatory but not finished by a long shot

Weiner Mocks GOP For Defund NPR Bill

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: NPR defunded by the House
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 04:17:52 PM »
This is a sham. NPR isn't going anywhere. All this vote does is provide cover for Republican house members to say they voted the right way.

They could have attached this and unfunding the OCare slush fund to the continuing resolution, and forced the Democrats to shut down the government or vote for the cuts, and they blinked. We cannot expect this lot to save the nation. It'll be up to the people, or it won't happen.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 04:19:45 PM »
What a MORON!  ::rant::
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 04:37:57 PM »
Amazing how fast he got a poster.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

hemm

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 05:01:45 PM »
click and clack really? sheesh. defund the fvck outta them........

now will the senate follow suit..........holds breath..........turns blue...........falls over dead...........

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 05:08:37 PM »
Ya know weiner, if it bugs you so bad, you can always dig open that wallet you keep in your purse and pony up whatever National Palestine Radio wants. I'm certainly not stopping you.

Offline bullonay

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 12:43:33 AM »
I was listening to congress on Thursday debate the defending the national public embarrassment, NPR, one of the democratic talking points that was repeated over and over was that cutting the funding of NPR would NOT save any money or have a positive effect on the deficit...I must be just another stupid independent, but can anyone explain how congress can cut $100 million in spending and not save any money?? Do these idiots on the left realize just how stupid THEY sound as they repeat this on C-SPAN? There must be some of their constituents hearing this realizing that they wasted their votes last November..

::hysterical::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 03:54:31 AM »
I was listening to congress on Thursday debate the defending the national public embarrassment, NPR, one of the democratic talking points that was repeated over and over was that cutting the funding of NPR would NOT save any money or have a positive effect on the deficit...I must be just another stupid independent, but can anyone explain how congress can cut $100 million in spending and not save any money?? Do these idiots on the left realize just how stupid THEY sound as they repeat this on C-SPAN? There must be some of their constituents hearing this realizing that they wasted their votes last November..

It really is surreal to hear people talking about spending or cutting in the hundreds-of-millions or single-digit billions as if it is inconsequential. Sure, each thing taken individually is not gonna solve our problems, but for God's sake, ya gotta start somewhere, right? That's what families do when times get tough. You cut $10/month here, $25/month there, chop out this luxury for $100/month, and skip dining out saving $200/month, and keep cutting until you can live within your means. It's not each individual item on a budget that makes or breaks it - it's the bottom line, and you have to work towards it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 07:23:07 AM »
Uhh huh...

If they don't attach it as an amendment to important bill the dem's in the Senate or Obamakov will shoot it down to easy.

What a bunch of gutless cowards.

If they think they can maintain power by conducting just CYA votes, they're in for a rude awakening!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 09:43:41 AM »
Kill it then go for the NEA. ::rockets::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 03:08:06 PM »

Right. I was a bit confused about the amount of the $100 Million subsidy as some local stations get federal dollars directly. NPR gets its funds out of the overall budget of CPB, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. They received over $400 million in 2010 and is asking for an increase to $600 million in 2011 or 2012.

Defund the Corp. for Public Broadcasting!
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 03:10:53 PM »

Right. I was a bit confused about the amount of the $100 Million subsidy as some local stations get federal dollars directly. NPR gets its funds out of the overall budget of CPB, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. They received over $400 million in 2010 and is asking for an increase to $600 million in 2011 or 2012.

Defund the Corp. for Public Broadcasting!

And stick it in the next continuing resolutions and let Harry pass it or shut the effing government down! His Call.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie