Author Topic: Music:  (Read 2355 times)

charlesoakwood

Music:
« on: May 19, 2012, 10:16:20 PM »
There's never too much, log in your favorite.

Phoebe Snow: There's a Boat Dat's Leaving Soon for New York

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Music:
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 10:24:01 PM »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:54:49 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 01:31:20 AM »
Chubby Checker Limbo Rock

Don't ask me.  All I know is this and Inna Godda Davida (baby) have been playing in my head all day.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:35:09 AM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 01:51:23 AM »

Don't ask me to explain it but I understand it.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 07:21:45 AM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 11:31:02 PM »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 09:24:56 AM »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 10:22:09 PM »

The Beatles - The White Album Remastered

Back in the USSR & Dear Prudence.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 11:12:17 PM »

charlesoakwood

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 03:00:32 PM »
Love Dream Theater. Good stuff.

It is interesting to me that my boys like them too. Out of all the bands to survive the era, DT was one I wouldn't have suspected would still be around, let alone be appreciated by young people.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 09:44:40 PM »

A convergence, great. 

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 07:19:08 AM »
The only time DT was ever in danger of going away was when they accommodated the record company by trying to record another hit, and came up with Falling Into Infinity.  Not bad, but not why DT has rabid fans.  After that they told the record company to Sandra off and came back with

Dream theater - The spirits carries on (live new york 2000)

What us diehards still consider their best.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 07:29:07 AM »
A lot of Portnoy's side projects aren't so shabby either

Transatlantic - I. Overture/ Whirlwind(Live From Shepherd's Bush Empire, London)

Neal Morse "The Storm Before the Calm"

Liquid Tension Experiment - Acid Rain Live In L.A. 2008

People that actually know how to play their instruments will never go out of style.  ::guitar::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2022, 10:23:47 PM »

Some drum corps music. Three old one recent. They  milk these songs for everything they are worth. Often the best arrangement ever if you mean to milk them for emotion.

https://youtu.be/Ewr5Rj2FYtE
DCI 1975 - The Madison Scouts - 'MacArthur Park'

https://youtu.be/2h0I1S0RYnM
DCI 1975 - The Madison Scouts - 'The Way We Were'

https://youtu.be/PECUpJuUeAQ
Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps Malaguena 1988 DCI !!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/efpGMNXzMi4
Bluecoats 2015 - The Boxer - Muncie, IN
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2022, 06:53:45 PM »
The only time DT was ever in danger of going away was when they accommodated the record company by trying to record another hit, and came up with Falling Into Infinity.  Not bad, but not why DT has rabid fans.  After that they told the record company to Sandra off and came back with

Dream theater - The spirits carries on (live new york 2000)

What us diehards still consider their best.

I was fortunate enough to see Dream Theater in a smaller auditorium setting - at the Ames Center (formerly the Burnsville Performing Arts Center) - about a 1000 seat theater. Aside from “Home Free” (amazing a cappella  group), Dream Theater was hands-down the best sounding concert I’ve ever seen audio-wise.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2022, 09:40:41 PM »
Mike and the Mechanics:  In The Living Years .........