Author Topic: Are Democrats Beginning To Awaken From An Abilene Paradox?  (Read 1788 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Are Democrats Beginning To Awaken From An Abilene Paradox?
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 05:08:40 PM »
Can't listen to him or look at him; he makes me sick.  So, I didn't watch the vid.  He really said "thingamajig"?  Might just as well have said "whatzit".  He's a moron.  Really.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 04:44:02 AM »
Drudge has headlined that for Maureen Dowd the magic is over.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 10:35:23 AM »
Can't listen to him or look at him; he makes me sick.  So, I didn't watch the vid.  He really said "thingamajig"?  Might just as well have said "whatzit".  He's a moron.  Really.

He's the kind of idiot that you could send out to get a bucket of steam and the asshloe would go for it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 10:38:08 AM »

When you've lost Maureen Dowd, you've.... lost Maureen Dowd.

*crickets*
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 11:50:29 AM »

*crickets*

I'll know for sure it's over when Cwissy Matthews no longer has the tingles.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 10:07:32 PM »

*crickets*

I'll know for sure it's over when Cwissy Matthews no longer has the tingles.

He hates the tingle questions now, he keeps his tingles to himself.  Too bad he didn't come to that conclusion years ago...

But, he is a dumbass after all...

::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 10:56:34 AM »
Weekly Standard offers its opinion on Dowd's column.

But impetus of Dowd's column can be viewed in much the same light. She too might be laying down a marker in the event that Obama loses. If Obama loses, she can point to this column in five months and say she saw it coming. Recall that Dowd largely made her bones as a columnist by jumping off of Clinton's ship ahead of many of his liberal defenders when he hit the shoals of scandal.

It's best not to extrapolate too much from a few examples, but it's fair to say that Washington insiders are reading the tea leaves and increasingly preparing for a Romney victory -- especially following Friday's bad economic news. The danger for Obama is that in political campaigns perception can quickly become reality. If influential liberals such as Dowd suddenly have no problem saying Obama appears to be in over his head, pretty soon everyone will be pointing out the obvious. Thus far, Obama's meteoric rise has been largely dependent on a press that went straight from beat sweeteners to beatification. If the press turns on the president, the Obama campaign may not know what to do.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 11:30:51 AM »
"If the press turns on the president, the Obama campaign may not know what to do."

::hysterical::

This of course assumes Obama & Co know what to do even when the press isn't turning on them!  But it will be funnier to me!

::laughonfloor::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 09:26:10 AM »
Roger Simon: Are Liberals the New Squares?

So we are in an era of desperation. A certain class of people who staked their lives on being cool ever since high school — whenever that was, the sixties, the seventies, the eighties, who knows — are beginning to be confronted with the truth – that their ultra-conventional received wisdom, that which they thought was cool, is a bunch of hooey. (I was one of them, so I know.)

Of course, most can’t countenance this. They continue to believe that government spending is cool, that it is a good thing (how square is that?), but out of the corner of their ears they are beginning to hear a different song....

What makes modern liberalism the mess that it is today is that it is mainly composed of people who desperately wanted to be cool in high school – wanted to be Abbie Hoffman or Eldridge Cleaver – but never were. Their longing – this need to be Abbie – has clouded their thinking and their ability to perceive reality, placing us all in a mess along with them.

Meanwhile, Bob Dylan became a conservative.

When MichelleO and I started putting in the Solar and the Greenhouse we were told by some resident liberals that once we were done we would be the "cool kids" on the block.  Even back then, I took it as an insult.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012, 11:04:20 AM »
I'd have been insulted as well.  "Cool" is an adolescent concept that one discards as one matures in favor of integrity, character, and honor and self-reliance.

Perhaps, for those who have never grown out of that phase, "cool" is personified by those qualities.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"