Author Topic: Ron Paul wins 12 of 13 delegates at the MN State GOP convention  (Read 630 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Ron Paul wins Minnesota delegates

When Ron Paul's campaign stated last week that Mitt Romney's delegate lead was insurmountable, Paul's staff insisted they would continue competing for delegates and cited Minnesota as their next target.

This past weekend, Paul accomplished that goal, winning 12 of 13 delegates at the state GOP convention.

"Victories in Minnesota and other states demonstrate that Ron Paul supporters possess the adaptability, organizational muscle, and unmatched enthusiasm required to continue winning delegates in upcoming contests," Paul campaign manager John Tate said in a statement.

Paul's victory means 32 of Minnesota's 40 national delegates will now be committed to Paul at this summer's Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla. The libertarian-leaning GOP candidate is remaining in the presidential race to compete for delegates in the hopes of shaping the convention and influencing the party platform.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Ron Paul wins 12 of 13 delegates at the MN State GOP convention
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »
You Minnesotans are a wild and crazy bunch. ::hysterical::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 05:00:38 PM »

Don't lump us all together.
 ::unknowncomic::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Miltrainer

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 08:08:20 PM »

It's the Ron Paul fanatics! They were jumping at the chance to be a delegate at the local caucus. I saw it first hand. You could tell the Ron Paul supporters right off the bat.
You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 08:21:56 PM »

Don't lump us all together.
 ::unknowncomic::

::hysterical::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 07:55:12 AM »

It's the Ron Paul fanatics! They were jumping at the chance to be a delegate at the local caucus. I saw it first hand. You could tell the Ron Paul supporters right off the bat.

I clearly recognized one at my precinct caucus, he was not a delegate, at the district convention I think two more exposed themselves, but their efforts to skew the rules to their favor going into the state delegate selection were defeated, and none I knew of made the cut.  So I think my district may have been one of the few not to get heavily infiltrated.

Apparently other districts were not so fortunate.

This clearly highlights the major weakness in the caucus system...by having straw polls and uncommitted/changing delegates, the people on caucus night who expressed a clear preferance for Santorum got kicked to the curb along with everyone else.

States should really go to closed primary systems only, otherwise they risk manipulation and increasing voter disenchantment that will only make it easier for the truly ambitious and rambunctious to thrive.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.