Author Topic: Army to make Ranger School co-ed  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Army to make Ranger School co-ed
« on: May 20, 2012, 04:45:31 PM »
The military, as part of its new edicts allowing females into infantry units, is "considering" (read: it's already a done deal) making the prestigious Ranger School open to females as well.  So does that mean girlie push-ups will now be part of PT in the Rangers?  They always claims it won't affect standards, but how can it not?  Statistically, women have half or less the upper body strength of men, so you can only conclude that either the huge majority of females will fail the physical standards, or that the standards themselves will be the ones getting a failing grade.  I think we know how that will go down.

My dad was in a large urban fire department during the 1980s when they first started accepting women. He said the first thing to happen is that the physical requirements (ladder carrying, stair climbing in full gear, as well as the classic "fireman carry" drill) were all watered down because the women almost universally failed them.

http://www.military.com/news/article/ranger-school-considers-going-co-ed.html
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Army to make Ranger School co-ed
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 04:51:48 PM »
Why does this not surprise me ? Camp Darby will never be the same . ::facepalm::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Army to make Ranger School co-ed
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 05:05:24 PM »
What's next?  Dumbing down the requirements to be a life guard?  Yeah, I guess the morbidly obese are denied rightful employment...

One things for sure...if Shamu can get up in that chair, no kids will be able to tip him off!   ::hysterical::

Caddyshack Pool Ballet
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.