Author Topic: A good start!  (Read 2365 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: A good start!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 11:55:24 AM »
It is an excellent start. And to my point on the other thread, it's not just the Catholic League now - it's the Church herself. They carry into this lawsuit their own culpability for the situation in which they've helped place the country. So I pray that God has mercy, and that with His blessing, the Church is successful in rocking this government back onto its heels.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 11:58:31 AM »
A rocking to the point where columns fall on the guilty would suit me just fine!

But yes, this is a major development, and I hope it gives many more the courage to step up and join the fight!

It cannot come soon enough!

::thumbsup::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 12:14:44 PM »
I read the title and thought, "Oh?  Somebody dumped all the lawyers in the ocean?"
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 12:19:49 PM »
Sorry to get your hopes up that high!   ;D

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 12:05:32 AM »

May 21, 2012 - CATHOLIC REBELLION HAS BEGUN

This is a great day for those who believe in religious liberty. Suing the Obama administration for seeking to trash the First Amendment rights of Catholics are 43 Catholic dioceses and institutions from all over the nation.

Among those filing suit are: the Archdiocese of New York; the Archdiocese of Washington, D.C.; the Archdiocese of St. Louis; the Diocese of Rockville Centre; the Diocese of Dallas; the Diocese of Fort Worth; the Diocese of Pittsburgh; the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend; the Michigan Catholic Conference (which represents all seven dioceses in the state); Catholic University of America; Franciscan University of Steubenville; and the University of Notre Dame. Entities ranging from retirement homes to publishing houses joined the lawsuits.

There will be more. And depending on how the U.S. Supreme Court rules next month on the constitutionality of ObamaCare, this may just be the beginning.

Catholics are sending an unmistakable sign to President Obama, Kathleen Sebelius, et al. that we will not be obedient. We will not do as we are told. Instead, we will do what is just. The Catholic rebellion has begun.    _ _ _ Bill Donohue

(CNSNews.com) - ...the Catholic bishops of the United States are now preparing Catholics for what may be the most massive campaign of civil disobedience in this country since the Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and early 1960s.

“Some unjust laws impose such injustices on individuals and organizations that disobeying the laws may be justified,”...
“...we may need to witness to the truth by resisting the law and incurring its penalties.”...

The bulletin insert reminds Catholic parishioners that the bishops have called for “A Fortnight of Freedom”—which they have described as “a special period of prayer, study, catechesis, and public action”—to take place from June 21 to July 4.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 11:18:10 AM »
Onward Christian Soldiers!   ::whoohoo::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 05:14:12 PM »

Then carry it over to the crusades.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 07:00:24 PM »

Gotta clean the house before we can get to the yard.   ::thumbsup::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 07:03:32 PM »

Gotta clean the house before we can get to the yard.   ::thumbsup::

Exactly!  I'm still thinking a thousand lawyers at ocean's bottom is a good start!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 07:10:22 PM »
Barnhardt is of the opinion that they're playing into the Regime's hands by threatening to close down their schools, hospitals, and charities. She is right that they need to NOT close down, and just continue doing as they see fit regardless of what this lawless regime says. Shutting down is exactly what the Regime wants them to do.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 07:11:32 PM »
Barnhardt is of the opinion that they're playing into the Regime's hands by threatening to close down their schools, hospitals, and charities. She is right that they need to NOT close down, and just continue doing as they see fit regardless of what this lawless regime says. Shutting down is exactly what the Regime wants them to do.

Absolutely!  Do NOT close; do NOT pay the fines!  Stand fast!!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 07:28:39 PM »
Yup, business as usual and ignore their illegal edicts!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 07:52:57 PM »

They'll have to do it while weaning themselves of the government tit....
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 10:43:42 PM »

They stand up and do it loud and proud the potential
for sacks of unanticipated donations is probable.
                                                                     ::$$$$::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 11:49:49 PM »

Absolutely!  Do NOT close; do NOT pay the fines!  Stand fast!!

The only way.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."