Author Topic: MAIG Coordinators Paid as City Employees, Saves Gun-Hater’s Money  (Read 1238 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Here’s a great way to reduce overhead and be effective at running a national organization dedicated to infringing on the gun rights of everyday people all at the same time…  

Have cities hire your people for you so that tax payers cover ¼ of your people’s salary and benefits, pay for most of their operational costs, and finance all of their other resources!  It also embeds your people as leaders in city government so that you don’t have to lobby there!

Sounds like another conspiracy theory from the tinfoil hat brigade… Right?

... The tinfoil hat wearing, “the government is in bed with the gun-haters and using my tax dollars to take away my guns”, conspiracy theorists were right. These gun ban lobbyists are being paid with tax money and are operating in government positions all over the country to do the work of the anti-gun groups.

The Mayors Against Illegal Guns and the Brady Campaign’s operatives’ work to further gun control is financed on the public dime.

The number of regulatory, enforcement, policy, legislative, and other types of gun ban schemes that these people are involved with is utterly mind-blowing.  They’re attempting to use USDOJ operation “Weed and Feed” grant money to do gun buybacks; they’re pushing everything from registration to micro-stamping, outright bans on lawful firearm possession to zero tolerance rules to arrest kids who have toy guns. You name it; they’re doing it to attempt to make all guns illegal; and they’re working for MAIG out of city offices with the authority of city officials on the public dime.

The City of Orlando’s job description for their resident gun ban operative is a sobering look at the anti-gun agenda and lobbying strategy of MAIG.

Some cities have used abbreviated titles and even blatantly deceptive names for these positions which are filled by Bloomberg’s anti-gun rights political operatives. Dept of Health, Injury and Prevention Program, Program Manager; MAIG Coordinator; MAIGC Regional Coordinator; these are just the ones I have found so far.  It’s going to take a lot more research to find them all but there is one system that always provides fast results, follow the money.  When a city takes the grant money it gets directed to a department and often an individual employment contract.

... These gun control lobbyists have been drawing government paychecks and operating city departments at tax payer expense to take away your right to bear arms for almost a decade. The Joyce Foundation and Bloomberg’s groups have provided millions in funding to the cities that put Bloomberg’s people in place, but they do not pay anything close to the entire bill.

... Here’s a list of the Brady Bunch/MAIG shills I’ve found working for cities across the US thus far.

Go to the link for the list (scroll down).  MN has one.

H/T http://thesilicongraybeard.blogspot.com/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
...Go to the link for the list (scroll down).  MN has one.

Good Lord. I look at crap like this and it sends my "hopeless" all into overdrive. I'll just pull a few tidbits...

Minneapolis City Council Agenda

Community Development
...Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report:
Authorize submittal to the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development.
Action Taken: Approved.

...Hawthorne EcoVillage:
Grant Exclusive Development Rights to Project for Pride in Living.

...Family Housing Fund:
Approve redirection of funds from Don't Borrow Trouble Campaign to Tenants in Foreclosure Project.

...Metropolitan Council Livable Communities Act Housing Goals:
Passage of Resolution establishing goals & confirming the continuation of the City's participating in the Livable Communities Act.

...2010 Affordable Housing Incentive Fund:
Passage of Resolution granting approval for the Hennepin County Housing & Redevelopment Authority to provide financial assistance to eight projects in Mpls.

Public Safety & Health
...Nice Ride Bike Share:
Execute contract with Nice Ride Minnesota to expand current bike share network into North Minneapolis ($228,500).

...Nurse Family Partnership Program:
Execute contract with Minnesota Department of Health to accept $29,702 for implementation of the NFP program; and Passage of Resolution approving appropriation (9 votes).

...School Based Clinic Program Services:
Execute contract with Minneapolis Public Schools to accept $36,000 to expand mental health services at Washburn High School; and Passage of Resolution approving appropriation (9 votes).

...Electronic Records for School Based Clinic Program:
Execute contract with Stratis Health for consulting services in preparation for implementation of electronic health records ($10,000).
Early Signature by Mayor Requested.

Regulatory, Energy & Environment
...Institutional Food:
Passage of Ordinance amending Title 10, Chapter 186 of the Minneapolis Code of Ordinances relating to Food Code: In General, regulating institutional food service and defining "institutional/congregate food service", "confectionery", "food manufacturer", and "restaurant".

And finally, back on topic...

Ways & Means/Budget
...Mayors Against Illegal Guns:
a) Accept grant funds ($75,000) to hire a Regional Coordinator to coordinate and plan illegal gun-related initiatives, events and media opportunities to focus solely on public safety, illegal gun, and crime reduction; and
b) Passage of Resolution appropriating funds (9 votes).
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Oh, Minneapolis doesn't surprise me, not with commie mayors that predates my birth!   ::gaah::

I think I'll kick this over to some local talk show hosts...see if they can do some digging and find out who Mr. Title Unknown in Minneapolis is!

Time for some   ::asskicking:: ! ! !

ETA - Oh, and what a load of bovine biscuits...MAIG my big white ass!  It is MAAG - Mayors (and other Nazi's) Against ALL Guns!   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::cussing::   ::gaah::   ::cussing::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Good Lord. I look at crap like this and it sends my "hopeless" all into overdrive.

Doesn't it just.  We go to work, raise our families, pay our taxes and mind our business and this -- THIS -- is what THEY have been doing.

They're embedded, thickly encrusted, everywhere and in everything.  I suspect no one has a handle, yet, on just how much brooming there is to do, but catch a glimpse and the reaction often overdrive into hopeless because we do not have time to do the incremental cleaning out, so the fallback is to wish for "fall down". 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Yep. My car requires an expensive repair that costs nearly what its trade value is. But instead of trading it in, I'm driving an 18 year old borrowed car. I can't at present afford to take on car payments because I am making monthly installment payments to the IRS. I go to work every day and never see any of the money I make. I know I am hardly unique in this either.

So what do we do it for? Why are we such suckers? Do we honestly believe this system we feed with our earnings will ever, ever be arranged for our own benefit? We're collectively just one big cuckold, working for the enrichment of a sabotaged nest.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Accelerate Operation Go Galt.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.