Author Topic: SCOTUS to rule if people have right to challenge NSA's warrantless eavesdropping  (Read 762 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/scotus-to-hear-case-challenging-nsa-warrantless-wiretapping-program/

A lot of other challenges hinge on this - NDAA not the least of them, if the court sides with the regime then anything the Fed's do with respect to monitoring and collecting data on citizens is fair game.

I have a feeling there could be some strange bedfewllows on this decision that is likely to be a big loss for the Regime.

And I have no doubt the Regime would go this direction i when it loses -

Wired reports that even if the Supreme Court decides the ACLU and other plaintiffs have the right to challenge the wiretapping law, it might not result in the change they’re seeking:

The lawsuit would return to the courtroom of U.S. District Court Judge John G. Koeltl in New York, where, if past is prologue, the Obama administration likely would play its trump card: an assertion of the powerful state secrets privilege that lets the executive branch effectively kill lawsuits by claiming they threaten to expose national security secrets.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.