Author Topic: Chuckie Introduces Amerikan Gulag Bill  (Read 866 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Chuckie Introduces Amerikan Gulag Bill
« on: May 17, 2012, 08:38:42 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Chuckie Introduces Amerikan Gulag Bill
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:45:52 AM »
Seriously, this is one step from building a wall around the country...to keep people in!

Note that this piece of New York garbage is pretty adamant about never letting this guy back into the country again...unlike 10+ million other illegals.

So much fail with this.  Then again, he doesn't say these thinks thinking anything seriously is going to come out of them.  He says these things to pose for the typical dumbass New York voter, which laps this crap up.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 09:47:02 AM »
Once this cat is out of the bag it will open the door to other things like government meddling and/or outright take overs of 401Ks and IRAs, etc - once the camel gets its nose under the tent, lookout!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 10:03:57 AM »
It doesn't take a genuis to see what is coming next if the proglodytes retain power...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 06:50:03 AM »
Boehner:  .... he emphasizes that he’ll support it only if it’s “necessary.”

LINK

There’s already an “exit tax” on the books, which Saverin paid, and a separate law that says an expatriate can be barred from re-entering the U.S. if the DOJ determines that he renounced his citizenship for tax purposes. Saverin quit the U.S., evidently with his tax liability in mind, because leaving before the IPO meant the “exit tax” would apply only to the gains on his Facebook shares as of his departure. (It also spared him from a potentially enormous estate tax bill, assuming the estate tax goes back into effect next year.)

Schumer’s bill would build on the current legal framework. Details via TechCrunch:

It’s pretty big: any ex-pat with either a net worth of over $2 million, or an average income tax liability of at least $148,000 over the last five years, “will be presumed to have renounced their citizenship for tax avoidance purposes.” The ex-pat will have to demonstrate to the IRS that this is not the case if it is not. If there is a “legitimate reason” for that person living outside the U.S. no penalties will apply. But if the IRS finds that someone gave up their passport for tax purposes, they will impose a tax on that individual’s investment gains “no matter where he or she resides.”

The rate of that capital gains tax will be 30 percent — the same that non-resident aliens currently pay on dividends and interest earnings.

The tax detailed this act, if approved, will backdate for 10 years after its approval.

Obviously, ex post facto means nothing to these assholes either.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 08:01:18 AM »
I'd like to ex post facto terminate traitors and tyrants.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 09:13:28 AM »

Obviously, ex post facto means nothing to these assholes either.

Guilty. Till proven innocent.  But don't bother. We already know and decided  the real reason you left.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 11:14:01 AM »
You can also bet your ass that states like New York and California are trying to craft ways to "recapture" revenue from people who flee to other states. Rush frequently mentions that he is audited by the state of NY every single year, even though he has not lived there since 1997. He has to provide all sorts of evidence that he does not maintain a residence there.

The actual outcome of things like audits is secondary. As Mark Steyn has put it, the process is the punishment. The state drags people through proceedings, and even if the court decides against the state, the procedural agony is often enough to ruin people. It's part of their effort to beat people into submission, to fatigue them with unending minutiae and technicalities, and nearly all of it comes at bureaucratic whim rather than by statutory process.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 01:56:58 PM »
Back to the backdating BS...

I remember a time when my Constitution banned bills of attainder...

And this is being offered up by a (cough) lawmaker (cough) ?!?!?!

My country is just about dead...this new creature walks,talks and acts like a despotic tyrannical regime...the kind of nightmare my Declaration rebelled against and my Constitution was design to protect me from...

I guess I am we are on my our own...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:16:27 PM by Libertas »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 01:57:54 PM »
On your own?  Nuh unh!  You have company.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 02:47:11 PM »
On your own?  Nuh unh!  You have company.

I fixed it.   ;)

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 01:33:58 AM »

http://www.therightscoop.com/mark-levins-epic-rant-the-system-is-broken-its-broken/

he’s also hitting a ‘barely useful’ Republican Party, including Republicans like Speaker Boehner who for some reason thinks we need to crack down on people like Eduardo Saverin

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 07:31:26 AM »
Frustration flourishes in the fetid stew of feckless unprincipled leadership...and yet this same leadership has the audacity to attack those who try to hold their feet to the fire, purposefully ignore our voice and do whatever the hell they want because they are convinced we will never hold them ultimately accountable, that we have no where else to go and no one else to vote for!

In the end they will be proven to be disasterously delusional and flat-out dead wrong!

;)