Author Topic: A Constitutional Republic?  (Read 540 times)

charlesoakwood

A Constitutional Republic?
« on: May 24, 2012, 10:27:37 PM »

Are we really a Republic functioning under our Constitution or will it take

a Revolution:

The Beatles- Revolution (Studio Recording)

charlesoakwood

Re: A Constitutional Republic?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 10:32:34 PM »

First Republic Dead. Second Republic to Rise?
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - May 24, AD 2012 11:19 AM MST
Warren Pollock twisted my arm and I got myself hooked up with a Skype setup. Scary.

Here is our first Skype interview/conversation. Warren wanted to go through the Constitution and show people how it is no longer a functioning document.

We only got through the Preamble and the Bill of Rights. We didn't even get to the Articles and the subsequent Amendments. Maybe we can do a follow-up video and talk about the fact that Congress hasn't had a budget in over 1100 days in violation of Article 1, Section 8, and has essentially turned the U.S. Treasury over to the Obama regime for open looting. We also didn't cover how Congress has violated the next clause in Article 1, Section 8 in which Congress is charged with punishing counterfeiting of the currency. If you have read Karl Denninger's book "Leverage", you know that banks have been naked shorting the U.S. dollar by making UNSECURED loans, which is COUNTERFEITING the issuing currency, which is, of course, U.S. Dollars. We'll cover those issues in subsequent videos.

Ann Barnhardt, a Constitutional Review w Solutions

I'm so glad that this video introduces the concept of the death of the First American Republic, and introduces the core question as to whether We The People will fight a counter-revolution and establish a Second American Republic, which will really be a re-assertion of the Constitution as Amended (and certainly a few of those Amendments should be repealed, namely the 16th and 17th, and one or two others added, namely term limits and a prohibition on abortion), and the re-assertation of the Rule of Law itself. As Warren points out, if we keep looking backward at the First American Republic, which is already dead, and expect that horse to run, we're toast. We have to get our minds right before we can take even one productive step forward.

(I mis-spoke the motto of the French Revolution, "Egalité, Liberté, Beyoncé Fraternité ". Not "Equalité", but "Egalité". Duh. "Equalité" is actually the little-known younger sister of Beyoncé.)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 05:35:32 AM »
In reality both the 16th and 17th amendments were not properly or legally ratified from the get go. It's pretty hard to imagine the states abdication of their constitutional rights fro representation in favor of another house now elected for the sole purpose of rubber stamping the lower house. No, it was a lie. Correct these flaws and we have a chance of succeeding.

We've gone down this road before in light discussion, who's going to lead it and will it require firearms? ::rockets::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 08:47:18 AM »
Doubtful Warpmine.  If we try to do what must be done using peaceful means, our enemies will go apesh*t and make it be a choice between backing down or risking civil war...the current leadership is really good at backing down...and liberty-loving people are only going to take so much tyranny...it is probable that something will pop and push the button for everyone...like the massive economic collapse we are being herded towards...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 10:18:59 AM »
Who is this interviewer? Is he  from/involved in OWS? He thinks Canadians have "freedom" because they don't have to worry about Health Insurance and get school classes  that teach them "critical Thinking" - I am surprised Ann is talking to him..

Not in Vancouver they don't. My sister is married to the son of two educators, and none of them can debate a single point intelligently.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 02:57:42 PM »
Who is this interviewer? Is he  from/involved in OWS? He thinks Canadians have "freedom" because they don't have to worry about Health Insurance and get school classes  that teach them "critical Thinking" - I am surprised Ann is talking to him..

Not in Vancouver they don't. My sister is married to the son of two educators, and none of them can debate a single point intelligently.

Yeah she interviews with that guy a lot.  He seems to spout a lot of that "Occupy and the Tea Party are really after the same thing!" and other eye rolling populist tripe.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly