Author Topic: MSNBC: Don't expose Muslim atrocities  (Read 1181 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
MSNBC: Don't expose Muslim atrocities
« on: May 26, 2012, 04:47:57 PM »
MSNBC’s new golden girl was in a pickle: If someone sees a black person committing rape or domestic violence, should he report it if it makes black people look bad?

Or if Muslims see wife-beating, genital mutilation and childhood sexual abuse, should they just keep it to themselves, because saying something gives ammunition to the “Islamophobes”?

The questions appear to be simple. But they posed a challenge for the host of the new “Melissa Harris-Perry” show when guest Mona Eltahawy talked about her Foreign Policy magazine cover story about abuse of women by men in the Muslim world.

Eltahawy speaks from experience: She had her arms broken in a demonstration in Egypt and was tortured and raped in an Egyptian jail cell.

So she seemed surprised to find Harris-Perry questioning her right to draw attention to “traditions” such as involuntary female circumcision, wife-beating and childhood sexual abuse.

“I start with a little bit of trepidation in this conversation,” the host said, “in part because I know some of the critiques of this. The very idea that Western press, those that are not from these nations, who are not Muslim ourselves, who are not part of these traditions can look at your article and say ‘ahhh, look at how horrible those men, or those societies, or that religion is.’

“And that is part of the reason why, for example, we have an under-reporting of rape and domestic violence in African American communities,” Harris-Perry continued. “Because we know the violence enacted on black men by police, so we often don’t call. Right?”

Then the MSNBC host brought in Harvard professor Leila Ahmed, who questioned whether Eltahawy should have written the article at all. Not because it was false, but because it made Muslims look bad.

“You began, Melissa, by noting that some things in the African-American community are not publicized precisely because of the racism,” said Ahmed as Harris-Perry nodded in agreement on a split screen.

“Mona, I appreciate what you do,” continued Ahmed. “I would love it if – I understand if you want to get your message across. It’s an important message. But if possible [you should not] give fuel, fodder to people who simply hate Arabs and Muslims in this climate of our day.”

Eltahawy seemed taken aback.

“That’s the whole point,” she said. “It’s not me that makes Muslims look bad. It’s those atrocities that make Muslims look bad. And as a writer, it’s my job to poke the painful places.”

Harris-Perry declined to respond to a subsequent email asking if she ever refused to report a violent crime because it would make someone look bad.

There it is again, right out in the open.  The worse some cohorts behave, the more furiously the Left buries it.  Find out and talk about it openly, and YOU are the problem.

Eltahawy was taken aback because she mistakenly believes these people are interested in The Truth.  They are not.  They're interested in furthering, only, their failing version of reality.  I bet this interview was a real eye-opener, especially the opposition coming from women.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: MSNBC: Don't expose Muslim atrocities
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 05:23:23 PM »
It’s not me that makes Muslims look bad. It’s those atrocities that make Muslims look bad.

This should be the response each and every time someone tries to slim us with a cry of racism....

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 05:55:54 PM »
It’s not me that makes Muslims look bad. It’s those atrocities that make Muslims look bad.

This should be the response each and every time someone tries to slim us with a cry of racism....

Abroad AND here!
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 12:56:25 PM »
I blame Mona..... She was on msnbc, what did she expect? Rational thought and discussion?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 01:59:11 PM »
The MSM is reticent to divulge race , religion or political party ... unless you're a Mormon or Republican , of course .

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 02:09:34 PM »
Or White.  And if they have to lie to "make" you White, they will.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 07:36:20 AM »
They're pretty quick to persecute Christians, too.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 09:49:59 AM »
It really sucks that such people exist at all, but what a perfect look into the minds of these people. No person with a foot in reality and who places value in truth could see "both sides" of this argument as valid. There is right, and there is wrong. It's frustrating as well as refreshing when the mask not only slips, but is set on fire and broadcast on television.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 04:20:50 PM »
It really sucks that such people exist at all, but what a perfect look into the minds of these people. No person with a foot in reality and who places value in truth could see "both sides" of this argument as valid. There is right, and there is wrong. It's frustrating as well as refreshing when the mask not only slips, but is set on fire and broadcast on television.

Unfortunately, the PMSNBC audience is so small, the news will still be relatively hidden, soon to go down the memory hole. ::outrage::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 08:28:26 PM »
 All the lunatics aren't locked up.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 09:33:55 PM »
The theory that hyphenated names and racial identities gravitate toward completely useless leftist douchebags retains its stellar batting average.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.