Author Topic: Glory days ...  (Read 7014 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Glory days ...
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2012, 02:12:38 PM »
 ::unknowncomic::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2012, 02:18:42 PM »
Yup.  Between that video and Powerline's ongoing ProgRock postings, I got to thinking.  What came first?  Yes, I know I can look up dates but go with me on this.

Kiss - I Was Made For Loving You
Yes - Tormato
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Love Beach
The Star Wars Christmas Special
Happy Days - Hollywood, Part 3

So many shark jumping moments so close together.  Coincidence?   ::thinking:: ::foilhathelicopter::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2012, 11:35:29 PM »

Let's try this.  Underrated artists, or at least artists that didn't sell a whole lot of records.  Try not to get too obscure.

The Yardbirds (Clapton, Beck, Page, need I say more)
Love (came out of the same scene as the Doors, but never caught on nationally for some reason)
Roxy Music (who says proggers couldn't dance  ::danceban:: )
The Strawbs (I've always loved these guys...now a Glenn Beck trivia question for an oddball song called "Part of the Union")
Velvet Underground (Lou Reed, John Cale, Sterling Morrison, and Tea Party activist Mo Tucker)

Times of Israel  

American rocker Lou Reed is the latest musician to make his way to Israel… kind of.

A new genus of velvet spider found living underground in Israel’s south has been named after, who else, Reed.