Author Topic: "Church" places billboard apologizing for NC Amendment 1  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
"Church" places billboard apologizing for NC Amendment 1
« on: May 30, 2012, 04:41:59 PM »
A "church" has posted a billboard in NC apologizing for Amendment 1, the amendment to the state constitution that defines legal marriage as solely the union of one man and one woman.  The "church" is not even from NC, but California. The location of the billboard was strategically chosen to be on Billy Graham Parkway in Charlotte.

The billboard reads:

"Missiongathering Christian (sic) Church (sic) is sorry for the narrow-minded, judgmental, deceptive, manipulative actions of those who denied rights & equality to so many in the name of God"

Presumably, then, they think it is fine and dandy to sanctify man-man and woman-woman "marriage" in the name of God. I guess their interpretation of Christianity is so....nuanced....that belief in Christ as the sole avenue to salvation is probably considered at most optional.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/18656849/church-posts-billboard-apology-for-amendment-one

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: "Church" places billboard apologizing for NC Amendment 1
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 05:35:20 PM »
I resent the hell out of the demonization of North Carolina.  This state is in the majority of those who have properly moved to protect marriage.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 05:38:13 PM »
When I was going to Catechism classes, our instructor mentioned that nondenominational churches lacked believing in anything. I'm thinking the "Missiongathering Christian Church" is nondenominational.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 05:47:46 PM »
When I was going to Catechism classes, our instructor mentioned that nondenominational churches lacked believing in anything. I'm thinking the "Missiongathering Christian Church" is nondenominational.

More like "Moonbatgathering .... ".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 09:19:11 PM »

More like "Moonbatgathering .... ".

Too bad they couldn't have just stuck to woolgathering.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 09:22:59 PM »
Wha??????

" there are progressive christians who believe in the bible and Jesus but still support marriage equality and rights for the LGBT population."

again....wha?????
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 09:52:31 PM »
Wha??????

" there are progressive christians who believe in the bible and Jesus but still support marriage equality and rights for the LGBT population."

again....wha?????

In other words, I know what He says, but I got free will, bay-bee .............

I am so SICK of the "marriage equality" bullsht.  Here's marriage equality:  find a willing person of the opposite sex, within legal age and meeting the blood-relative requirements and you've got equality.  That's as equal as it gets.  These people do not want equality; they want the definition and concept changed to meet their wants.

No.  The answer is NO.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 11:42:13 PM »

They think they know what He says or they know what
He says but think they know better.  Either way...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 06:33:19 AM »
Missiongathering...

Yeah, that screams worthless apostate anything goes sect that missed all the things that make a church Christian.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.