Author Topic: Palin Doctrine  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Palin Doctrine
« on: March 18, 2011, 08:53:06 AM »
http://www.nysun.com/opinion/palin-doctrine-emerges-as-arab-league-echoes-her/87263/

I have issues with a NFZ in Libya, as I've mentioned many times before, and I do not agree with Chalabi that Iraq and Libya are comparable.  We knew in the latter we would have to deal with Shiite rebels in our midst, there seems to be no basic comprehension of that same fact in the Libyan situation.

Apart from that, it is an article of benefit to Palin's stature in foreign affairs and is in contrast to the bumbling nothingness and inaction that is the current Regime in Washington.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: Palin Doctrine
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 09:30:18 AM »

[blockquote]Mrs. Palin will be in New Delhi later this week delivering the keynote address to the annual India Today Conclave. She has been asked to speak on “What America Means to Me.” She will speak as a crisis is simmering between America and Pakistan, India’s nuclear-armed neighbor to the northwest and will be the first high profile trip by a potential Republican contender to South Asia.
...The Palin Doctrine. It contrasts sharply with the foreign policy being conducted, if that is the word, by President Obama, who is perplexing not only the Arab world, to which he reached out in his Cairo speech at the start of his presidency, but even his own supporters in the liberal camp, and many in between, who are upset by what might be called his propensity for inaction.[/blockquote]

The Palin Doctrine, interesting, in contrast to the Obama Doctrine.
Oh, what is the Obama Doctrine? Has it been enunciated?

Mrs.Palin shall have counseled with many foreign heads of state before this election cycle.   Mr. Krauthammer should be pleased.

Re: Daffy's cease fire. Ha Ha Ha - He didn't say he wouldn't defend himself did he?

And Mrs. Palin proposed a no-fly-zone February 23, a long time ago, when it may have been much more feasible.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 10:06:21 AM »
...And Mrs. Palin proposed a no-fly-zone February 23, a long time ago, when it may have been much more feasible.

And prior to a lot of Libyan people getting killed. The no-fly zone now, after Kadaffy's opposition has been all but crushed, is laughable.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 10:15:32 AM »
True, I'm quibling over details, but a method of dealing with expected Shiite shannigan's would've made the comparison to President Eephus a little more stark, and it was already very stark.  Unless there are Jews to blame Duh Wun seems to lose interest in foreign affairs...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 07:10:01 PM »
obama is looking to mecca...but he is getting no answers.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.