Author Topic: 10 Stupid Things Conservatives Do Every Day That Democrats LOVE Read more http  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
(This is my first IAL new.0 thread so hopefully everything goes right ;-)

I was sure that I was going to hate this essay....until I read it (I had trouble bringing it up last night but it opened OK today). I have a few nits to pick but overall I like it.

10 Stupid Things Conservatives Do Every Day That Democrats LOVE

10. Using the word “liberals”.  There’s just no nice way for me to say this, but if you are using the word “liberals” in conversation, in anything you write online, or are even thinking it when referring to Democrats you are a complete and total idiot.

Democrats LOVE being called “liberals”…and, in fact, large sums of money have been spent focus-group testing this word…because low-information voters who have no understanding of political issues react positively to hearing the word “liberal”.  It sounds open-minded, positive, and kumbaya to them.  Even if you scream it with what you believe is pure acid and venom in your voice, an independent voter will still think good things about Democrats because “liberal” is a happy, fun, positive word to them.  Focus groups do not lie.  Companies and entire industries live and die by them…and political parties depend on them for national victories.

We know the institutional Left is draconian, close-fisted, and determined to control every aspect of our lives via aggressive government regulation and intimidation efforts using agencies like the IRS and NSA as anti-American goon squads and enforcers of the Left’s iron will. But, to independents and low-information voters who don’t pay much attention to politics, the word “liberal” conjures images of running through fields of posies being tickled by butterflies. Democrats are thus able to cloak their real agenda behind this hippy-drippy front…and idiot conservatives HELP THEM masquerade like this by parroting the specifically-designed branding that the institutional Left has chosen for itself.

Read more http://hillbuzz.org/10-stupid-things-conservatives-do-every-day-that-democrats-love-11873

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Most of it seems to be about Language. As if calling them Statists or Lefties will change anything. The Low information voter is low information because they want to be.  Call them lefties or Statists and the MSM will just counter with "Its for the Children!" or "its for Jobs and the Middle Class!" and the low info voter  is back on board. After all- its not the term liberal that keeps them on board, its the things that "liberals stand for" - the fact that the left in many cases support policies that are completely counterproductive to their stated goals  will never dawn upon the uninformed, and won't till they fall victim to one of those polices.  If they are uninformed and inclined to the left to begin with, they are very likely to believe the disaster that has befallen them was caused by conservatives - even if Conservatives haven't controlled politics for them in decades. ( I can guarantee you in California they are still blaming greedy, conservative businessmen  for everything that goes wrong..)   The Battle for hearts and minds was lost- decades ago.  It was lost when we lost the churches, when we lost the schools,  when journalism became a career for those wishing to engage in social engineering.

Yeah, the list is fine if we were living in a country with another 50 years before economic implosion, and people who were still educated.

This can't be turned around through any peaceful process.  Number Zero on this list of stupid things Republicans do should be thinking that anything on this list can make the slightest bit of difference at this point.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Thanks Weisshaupt.

What's that saying... "Negotiation is that thing you do while reloading" ??

I too believe that we are headed for a showdown. In the meantime I have to go to war with the army I have. That means dealing nonviolently with azzholes (that I'd rather gutshot and bury in a shallow ditch).

So stuff like this is a silly diversion but it keeps my trigger finger from itching.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Thanks Weisshaupt.

Yah, in other circles, that's known as taqqiya.  Same concept.

I too believe that we are headed for a showdown. In the meantime I have to go to war with the army I have. That means dealing nonviolently with azzholes (that I'd rather gutshot and bury in a shallow ditch).

So stuff like this is a silly diversion but it keeps my trigger finger from itching.

I wish I could say the same, but I can't.  Today's silly diversion is allowing the Left to buy time, and it's infuriating.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Thanks Weisshaupt.

I don't disagree with anything in the article. It would all have been sound advice 10 years ago and getting sounder the further back you went.  Following it now certainly isn't going to hurt, but turn the tide it won't.  You might reach a few on the fence, push a few more into paying better attention, but the catastrophe  will come, and really, most people are in no state to prepare for it - they live paycheck to paycheck, the inflation is already ramping, and even if they were suddenly awaken have neither the resources  financially, or perhaps mentally or spiritually to cope, much less help, when the time comes. Perhaps leaving them in ignorance at this point will be kinder.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Thanks Weisshaupt.

Yah, in other circles, that's known as taqqiya.  Same concept.

I wish I could say the same, but I can't.  Today's silly diversion is allowing the Left to buy time, and it's infuriating.

^^^^^That!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
My crusade against the word liberal has been a lonely one, that's for sure.   It's only the United States the word has been corrupted.

1. Forever embracing candidates and figures the State Media tells them they need to support.

I'll take that one further.  Treating lowfo journalism as anything other than the enemy.  The time for pretense is over.  CNN is your enemy.  NBC is your enemy.  Rinse and repeat as necessary. 

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I couldn't agree more with every single word in the article. I don't think it's ever too late to start doing things right. It may be too little too late to turn the entire nation around, but it's not too late to do things right. I'd like to see conservatives adopt every suggestion on that list. I have already adopted many of them myself.

I particularly smirked at the part about not allowing the Left to blackmail "closeted gays like Lindsey Graham."
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:34:50 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
My crusade against the word liberal has been a lonely one, that's for sure.   It's only the United States the word has been corrupted.

1. Forever embracing candidates and figures the State Media tells them they need to support.

I'll take that one further.  Treating lowfo journalism as anything other than the enemy.  The time for pretense is over.  CNN is your enemy.  NBC is your enemy.  Rinse and repeat as necessary.

And yet when debate time comes, guess where the pubbies run to.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

The Butthead.

Oh, yeah...and the MFM.

Enemies.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.

I see that they do that, and I'm told why they do -- because they want to belong to the party/cocktail circuit; because they want to liiiiked -- but, intellectually, I don't get it.  There are enough of them that they can form their own social circles, so why don't they do that?  Who wants to be socializing with people who love abortion, hate families (everybody else's, not their own), denigrate Christians and are generally intemperate?  Yet, these are the type of people that run DC and we see Republicans suffering the cognitive dissonance of shoving their square selves into progressive round holes.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Example A - The Fair & Balanced channel: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/08/michelle-malkin-eviscerates-race-pimp-al-sharpton-video/

While I enjoy the MM smackdown of the racist punk loser Sharpton...why does Fox continue this F&B charade?  Why invite this shyt on?  Enemies should be destroyed, if they volunteer to immolate themselves on live TV, fine, invite them in...otherwise hearing what they have to say (which is no different than the shyt they say on the other 147 channels) is a waste of time.