Author Topic: Bloomie launches war on sugar  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Bloomie launches war on sugar
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 09:25:20 AM »
Land of the Free, Home of the Brave. Yeah. Keep telling ourselves that.

We are neither free nor brave.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 09:41:02 AM »
I haven't read the article, so if the answer is obvious, forgive me.

But exactly how does a mayor ban a product? Through executive order?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 09:53:02 AM »
Through the usual way.  An infantilized New York City population elects politicians that create things such as Departments of Health and gives those departments full power in directing the mental children under them what they can eat or drink.

New York Times headline, August 14, 2014

Bloomburg directs all New Yorkers to be in bed no later than 10PM.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 09:55:04 AM »
How do the libs do any of the stuff they do? They just do it. Then we, suckers that we are, do things "the right way" and go through the process trying to hold them to account. The process itself can take years and is deliberately stymied and dragged out every step of the way since we long ago ceded control of the bureaucracy and the judiciary to the Left.

We are ill equipped from the very beginning to engage in this sort of fight with the Left, mainly because our fundamental desires are so different. We generally just want to be left alone to live our own lives as we see fit, with a minimum of impediment from the state. That makes us automatically less suited to wage battles of activism. They, on the other hand, live and breathe to use the apparatus of the state as an instrument for the imposition of their ideology on others, it is their central animating characteristic.

This is my long-winded way of saying we get Alinsky'd every time. They do something with no regard to whether or not they "can", and then we try to counter them whilst adhering to all the niceties and decorum of "proper" process, the very stuff they scoff at. As long as our supposed representatives continue to believe this is some gentlemanly parlor game, we are destined to lose.

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 09:58:51 AM »
we are talking about NYC

where you have to obey so you don't get a visit in the middle of the night....

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 11:59:40 AM »
Like anything Bloomie is pulling this out of his butt and the measure if half-assed...banning sugary drinks over 16oz?  Yeah, OK, special on 15oz drinks kiddies!  Then he'll lower the size to ridiculous or ban them all outright...

What they can do with one lawful product they can do with any...

We are halfway down the chute already and still there are millions who fail to see the slippery slope...

::facepalm::

::gaah::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »
Well, you know he's only trying to heeeeellllp us, Libertas.

/

All the while he and his cronies are probably stocked for life with Coke or Pepsi.

Or maybe he has a friend in the beverage business that sells smaller, specialty drinks....

why am I suspicious?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 03:39:05 PM »
I hate NY and most people that live there for the obvious reasons so I'm going to suggest that a Mark 41 25mt thermonuclear bomb be detonated 2500 feet above the city.(Yes it's a large one but I want to be absolutely sure no one lives there ever again.)  ::rockets::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 06:35:44 PM »
“The idea here is, you tend to eat all the food in the container in front of you,” said Bloomberg. “If it’s a bigger container, you eat more. If somebody put it in a smaller glass or plate or bowl in front of you, you would eat less.”

Bloomberg went on to cite the “epidemic” of obesity in America and said that his is a concrete proposal of what to do about this crisis. He stressed, however, that there would be no limits on the sale of beverages – just their portion size.

“We’re not taking away anybody’s right to do things, we’re simply forcing you to understand that you have to make the conscious decision to go from one cup to another cup,” said Bloomberg.

“It’s not perfect, it’s not the only answer, it’s not the only cause of people being overweight – but we’ve got to do something,” said Bloomberg. “We have an obligation to warn you when things are not good for your health.”

Bloomberg said that there are a variety of activities and substances that are curtailed for public safety. He said that it is illegal for people to enter a room with asbestos, for example. “In New York City, you can smoke,” said Bloomberg. He stressed that one could not do so where they could be endangering anyone that has to work in a given area.

Bloomberg concluded by saying that his administration was hoping to enforce responsibility on consumers. “I would just like to push that from the consumer point of view and force the consumer to hopefully move over to the less fattening drinks and everybody will be better off,” said Bloomberg.

LINK

Force, push, enforce.  NUDGE.

Have I said how I hatez these people?

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 07:02:31 PM »
Force, push, enforce.  NUDGE.

Have I said how I hatez these people?

Not in the last 5 minutes or so. I almost forgot how you hate them. I'm right along there with ya, though.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 10:07:07 PM »
Why not ban American idol. I understand there is a lot of chip eating during the program.....plus, they have those HUGE coke glasses on set.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 10:20:49 PM »
we are talking about NYC

where you have to obey so you don't get a visit in the middle of the night....

If they visited RedNecks in the middle of the night they would start thinkin' different.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 07:36:50 AM »
Well, you know he's only trying to heeeeellllp us, Libertas.

/

All the while he and his cronies are probably stocked for life with Coke or Pepsi.

Or maybe he has a friend in the beverage business that sells smaller, specialty drinks....

why am I suspicious?

You should be suspicious...punitive regulation of all aspects of daily life and the outlawing of independent action let alone thought is for the masses, the ruling elite will have all they desire!

Despise these people I certainly do!

::viking::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 10:54:49 AM »
Guys and gals, I need some help. I'm pitching a new idea for (another) cop series. It will be based in NYC with plenty of action, shooting, bootlegging, black market type stuff , focusing on the brave police and fire who must deal with the consequences of a city ( both its administration and populas) gone mad because its all hyped up on too much Mountain Dew. The star of the series will be a grisled cop, torn between enforcing the new 16oz drink law and his own issues with addiction to Slurpees.

I'm looking for a series name and hey, if you want to assist with a few writing tips, go ahead.

Here are a few ideas:

1) Brown Sugar(less) ( too 70's?)
2) The last straw
3) 16 oz of rain
4) Dentists gone wild

Let me set up the premise for the show so you get the idea of what I want to create.

NYC. Summer....Its hot, you're  sweaty and harder and harder to stay out of trouble.  Just when you think gov't regulations can't get any more intrusive, Bloomie one ups himself. You're angry, thirsty and that 16 oz drink won't cut it. You walk into the 7 11, jezus christ, only 16 oz drinks...and whats worse, they only carry...diet. But...wait...you've heard of a place where the Coke flows, lines and lines of it. Its bantered about on the street...so you go in search of it...and you find mr bloomies worst nitemare, 32 AND 64 oz cups.

So you grab a cup and you pour the sweet, delicious, syrupy drink, 32 oz...no, 64, hell, why not, this is a safehouse, free from the tyranny of a bloomie gone mad. Who will know?

Little does this lawbreaker understand, but our star ( who needs to play this character?) has a plant in place. A snitch. And this is where the conflict occurs. His "plant" is also our stars source of illegal slurpees, turning on others for arrest while feeding the sugary needs of the very person in charge of wiping this health hazard out of NYC. The snitch has blackmailed the star. It gets dicey. What makes it so intriging is our star, so hyped up on illegal sugar, forgets to read his perps their rights while also so confused, he arrests illegals, which is illegal, who are immediately released.

The force has its concerns as the star shows up at the precinct smelling of Grape ( purple to you blacks) slurpee and his car littlered with illegal cups. While our star is busting sugar abusers, his captain has a Secret Slurpee Squad (SSS, for short), conducting a super secret mission to expose our star.......But the twist in the plot is this: Our "star" is also an illegal, using a fake drivers liscense.

So, does our star have immunity?
Could the captain be arrested for arresting an illegal, posing as a legal??
Could Bloomie give the sugar medal of honor? While arresting our star? Who could then arrest Bloomie for arresting an illegal?

Seriously folks, I hope you can recognize the potential of this thrilling show...This is not just another cop show. I will deal with the cutting edge crime that is turning NYC into a cesspool..... Well, not a cesspool, but whatever a huge vat of sugarry drinks would create.

I need ideas....and a little seed money.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »
Oh, I like it.  I can even see a spin-off companion show that is set down in rural Appalachia where illicit soft drinks are made, and then transported up to the city by wily and reckless auto enthusiasts.  The principal character in this show would be a charming rogue codenamed by the NYC Grenzschutzpolizei as "Sweet Tooth".

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 11:13:10 AM »
Oh, I like it.  I can even see a spin-off companion show that is set down in rural Appalachia where illicit soft drinks are made, and then transported up to the city by wily and reckless auto enthusiasts.  The principal character in this show would be a charming rogue codenamed by the NYC Grenzschutzpolizei as "Sweet Tooth".

Man. I like the way you think. My spin off was a little different, but I'm sure we could combine the two. In mine, NYC is indunated with advertisments from states down south, inviting them in where there is no state income tax, Nervous Charlies Store will sell you a 64 OZ slurpee AND enough fireworks to launch a space shuttle.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 11:20:13 AM »
Or how about a spin off show that is set in Appalachia where two sons of a Mountain Dew bootlegger square off against the local sheriff and the corrupt politician Boss Bloomberg? Dukes of something or other?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 11:22:36 AM »
Or how about a spin off show that is set in Appalachia where two sons of a Mountain Dew bootlegger square off against the local sheriff and the corrupt politician Boss Bloomberg? Dukes of something or other?

I wouldn't hazard a guess.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 04:07:46 PM »
....speakeasies popping up everywhere. To the rescue, Elliott "Nestle Tea" Gulp.

How about a new movie "Escape from New York II" only this time it's Bloomberg who can't get out of his very own kingdom as he's being hunted down like the scumbag he is by New Yorkers fed up with his bullshyt.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.