Author Topic: WI union bill blocked by judge  (Read 3492 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
WI union bill blocked by judge
« on: March 18, 2011, 11:20:19 AM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: WI union bill blocked by judge
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 11:28:47 AM »
Probably shoulda seen this coming. The accusations that the GOP was violating the "open meetings" law were present and discounted at the time they took the vote. The GOP claimed it was on firm ground, and via their explanation at the time, they most definitely were.

But that doesn't stop the Left. The law doesn't matter, only whether and how they can manipulate it for their own purposes, but whatever means necessary.

They'll try to make it out like the entire premise of the budget legislation is illegitimate because some technicality was overlooked, when in reality, the Democrats fled the state, forcing the action in the first place. If they would have been present to do their legislative duty, this would never have been an issue at all.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 11:34:43 AM »
Proglodyte whore!

Fine, expedite the appeal and put this moronic judge back into her box!

Meanwhile, the legislature can jump through the hoops again while simultaneously initiating legislation impeaching this dipstick judge!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 12:32:44 PM »
Sumi ( pronounced "sue - me !" ) is a liberal , very pro-union , activist judge who's been on the bench since 1998 . What I don't get is how a County Circuit Court Judge has the authority to block a law passed by the State Legislature . This should have originated in State Court . 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 12:46:37 PM »
Two words - judge shopping.

In fact, a judge has no cause to take any issue up concerning a legislative action if a party bringing an action has no standing and/or cannot show any harm caused by the action.

Show me the harm?!

She butted in where no butt belonged, period!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 04:12:10 PM »
I liked Rush's thought on this: now that the fleebaggers have returned, vote on it again. What, will they run away again? Let 'em.

But yes, I knew this was going to immediately end up in court. It doesn't matter how solid the ground is under it, this is Leftist Delaying Tactic #11. Get it bogged down in court so the left wing propaganda machine has more time and a new angle on the story.

The judicial branch of government has gotten completely out of hand. The left spent decades focusing their efforts on the courts, because a branch of government that embodies its power in the fiat decisions of individuals (who are seldom directly accountable to the people) is made to order for their agenda. They knew then, and they know now, that the real meat of their agenda would not pass through legislative action anywhere between Boston and Berkeley, so voila, turn the courts into a Shadow Legislature.

It's yet further evidence that behind all their pretenses to democracy, the Left believe in tyranny. They want power vested in a handful of individuals, unencumbered by checks and balances. Their fetish for using the courts to divine novel interpretations of law is proof positive.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »
I liked Rush's thought on this: now that the fleebaggers have returned, vote on it again. What, will they run away again? Let 'em.

But yes, I knew this was going to immediately end up in court. It doesn't matter how solid the ground is under it, this is Leftist Delaying Tactic #11. Get it bogged down in court so the left wing propaganda machine has more time and a new angle on the story.

The judicial branch of government has gotten completely out of hand. The left spent decades focusing their efforts on the courts, because a branch of government that embodies its power in the fiat decisions of individuals (who are seldom directly accountable to the people) is made to order for their agenda. They knew then, and they know now, that the real meat of their agenda would not pass through legislative action anywhere between Boston and Berkeley, so voila, turn the courts into a Shadow Legislature.

It's yet further evidence that behind all their pretenses to democracy, the Left believe in tyranny. They want power vested in a handful of individuals, unencumbered by checks and balances. Their fetish for using the courts to divine novel interpretations of law is proof positive.

Shadow Legislature, yeah...one without a bloody check as the Founders intended!  If they can just make up whatever the hell laws they want, we no longer have a Representative Republic.  You correctly label this tyranny.  I defy anyone to argue different!

To modify Pan's by line -

"Let us assume for the moment everything we say about them is true. That just makes our problem bigger, doesn't it?"

We got big fricken problems in this nation.  Even if we had effective control of all three branches of government...I think it would take more than one generation to right the ship into something the Founders could recognize.

Do we really have that much time?

::whatgives::

Offline Joanna

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 03:28:09 PM »
I have been watching the courts do this since Rowe vs Wade
Lets keep up the fight of "We The People"
We definately out number them by tens of millions.
Call, fax and E-mail all of our reps. & Senators.
I come from Looney Mass. and I still pound them often with my discontent.
Keep up the support for Wi. and the many other states
that are considering the same type of reform of Public service
(previously known as Civil service)
God Bless the U.S.A.
and GOd Bless all the True Americans
that can see "somthin ain't right here!!"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 04:00:53 PM »
I have been watching the courts do this since Rowe vs Wade
Lets keep up the fight of "We The People"
We definately out number them by tens of millions.
Call, fax and E-mail all of our reps. & Senators.

Yes, I like to fax them; it forces them to touch the paper instead of clicking "select all" > "delete".  If we all faxed them instead  of email they would have a disposal problem.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 11:39:58 AM »
Good point Charles.

And welcome Joanna!

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 08:10:58 AM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 12:04:21 PM »
Conflict of interest, conflict of interest!

Dirty proglodyte whore should have recused herself.

More proof she is first and foremost a dirty proglodyte whore!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 08:45:08 PM »
Hell, they're trying to get Clarence Thomas to recuse himself from any health care case on the basis that his wife might have a non-neutral opinion on something as fundamental to modern human existence as, you know, health care.

This, on the other hand, is a far more obvious conflict of interest.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 04:46:52 AM »
Hell, they're trying to get Clarence Thomas to recuse himself from any health care case on the basis that his wife might have a non-neutral opinion on something as fundamental to modern human existence as, you know, health care.

Did Thurgood Marshall recuse himself on Civil Rights cases ? Of course not ! But THAT was different ... wasn't it ?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 06:42:32 AM »

Did Thurgood Marshall recuse himself on Civil Rights cases ? Of course not ! But THAT was different ... wasn't it ?

Yes, in the diseased recesses of the common proglodyte mind, only bad people (non-proglodytes) need to recuse themsevles from rulings which could have an adverse effect upon good poeple (proglodytes).

Proglodytes and their diseased thinking...incompatible with a functional Representative Republic since 1776!

::)   :P