Author Topic: Roadblock nets robbers, but how many had their rights violated?  (Read 3105 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
You hear about this Trap?  Any word if any of the innocents arrested were booked on unrelated charges as a result of stupid people giving the police the right to search their vehiciles?

I would have said no to the search, that's for damn sure, and let them know if the cuff me and unlawfully detain me, they are getting their asses sued off!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/06/police-stop-handcuff-every-adult-at-intersection-in-search-for-bank-robber/

Sheeple!

::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Roadblock nets robbers, but how many had their rights violated?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 07:57:08 AM »
I wouldn't have consented to the search and I'm sure the cops would have let me know how they felt about that. I'd be yelling to my kids to take a picture.  I can promise you I'd be all over the media the next day.

"Unusual" circumstances doesn't void the Constitution.

And the irony?  This "robber" will be given every possible consideration as a suspect and convict. He will end up with more rights than the drivers.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 08:02:53 AM »
You hear about this Trap?  Any word if any of the innocents arrested were booked on unrelated charges as a result of stupid people giving the police the right to search their vehiciles?

I would have said no to the search, that's for damn sure, and let them know if the cuff me and unlawfully detain me, they are getting their asses sued off!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/06/police-stop-handcuff-every-adult-at-intersection-in-search-for-bank-robber/

Sheeple!

PC gone mad. Hey, lets handcuff everyone so as not to offend anyone.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 11:13:03 AM »
You hear about this Trap?  Any word if any of the innocents arrested were booked on unrelated charges as a result of stupid people giving the police the right to search their vehicles?

Sheeple!

PC gone mad. Hey, lets handcuff everyone so as not to offend anyone.

Infuriating!  ::gaah::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 05:08:55 PM »
I wouldn't have consented to the search and I'm sure the cops would have let me know how they felt about that. I'd be yelling to my kids to take a picture.  I can promise you I'd be all over the media the next day.

"Unusual" circumstances doesn't void the Constitution.

And the irony?  This "robber" will be given every possible consideration as a suspect and convict. He will end up with more rights than the drivers.

I wouldn't have consented to the search either, and there wouldn't have been anyone with me to take a photo or film it. 

I'm beginning to believe that just as it is not safe to go anywhere unarmed, it is unsafe to go without a camera-phone as well.  Mostly because of the cops.

I wonder what "the Department" has to say in defense of this latest outrage.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 05:52:29 PM »
No excuse.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 06:29:50 PM »
I still find it incredible people would offer themselves to be handcuffed. Sheep...To the slaughter.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 07:44:18 PM »
I still find it incredible people would offer themselves to be handcuffed. Sheep...To the slaughter.

I don't believe they did that.  The cops rousted everyone out of their vehicles at gunpoint and from behind their police "shields", cuffed them, THEN asked for "permission" to search every vehicle.

The "news" websites have scrubbed the pics.  I got these from rayra.

Vid of some of it here:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31148237/detail.html

Apparently, everyone "agreed" to the vehicle search, though.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 08:22:44 PM »

Prez got the fever
Congress got the fever
Judges got the fever'n
Cops got the fever too

Everybody's got the fever
Somebody's gonna jump silly
then it's gonna get hot.

We're living in a Tarantino movie
Fever - Peggy Lee

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 08:40:09 PM »

I don't believe they did that.  The cops rousted everyone out of their vehicles at gunpoint and from behind their police "shields", cuffed them, THEN asked for "permission" to search every vehicle.

The "news" websites have scrubbed the pics.  I got these from rayra.

Vid of some of it here:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31148237/detail.html

Apparently, everyone "agreed" to the vehicle search, though.

Whoa.......A false move and you may be slaughtered. What i thought was bad just became worse.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »
$10 says that at least one of those JBT'S said, "We're doing this for your own good"  ::outrage::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 09:30:34 PM »
I discussed this with my children today.

And I told them the password is:               WARRANT

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 09:32:45 PM »

Yep.  And to be prepared for the consequential roughing up and obstruction charges.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 09:40:08 PM »

How rough could the business end of a 12ga be?

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 09:42:40 PM »

Yep.  And to be prepared for the consequential roughing up and obstruction charges.

And for most people not to be outraged...................

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 07:22:41 AM »
 ::cussing::  Nazi's!  Any self-respecting LEO who condones this is an enemy of the people!

WTF they teach in police academies no days?  Is the concept of unlawful order and unlawful detention alien to the fricken people?!

WTF?!

They would have had to shoot me, they leave me bruised and thrashed I'll have their badge and their city would be bankrupt, cheaper to shoot me!

This is where we are going people.  Anybody who thinks authorities will be our friend is seriously deluded.  I hate saying it but it is becoming increasingly obvious to me that things are spinning way out of control.  The abnormal is becoming normal, and people are taking it!

::speechless::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 12:08:14 PM »
These cops had no probable cause.  A tip is not probable cause. Driving through an intersection is not probable cause.

If the cops had gone to a judge to get a warrant to do this they wouldn't have gotten the warrant.  They know this.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 05:24:45 PM »
These cops had no probable cause.  A tip is not probable cause. Driving through an intersection is not probable cause.

If the cops had gone to a judge to get a warrant to do this they wouldn't have gotten the warrant.  They know this.

Yup!  And now, where's the accountability?  No pushback and this will be routine everywhere.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 09:39:48 PM »
After discussing it with my wife last night, we came to the conclusion we'd be tazed or in jail. They're NOT going to handcuff me or search my car. Whether I'm doing something illegal is irrelevant. If you don't have a warrant, don't come knockin'.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson