Author Topic: It's Friday  (Read 12654 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
It's Friday
« on: March 18, 2011, 02:40:28 PM »
I dare you not to listen. I double-dare you not to smile (even if only at the inanity).

Rebecca Black - Friday (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Re: It's Friday
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 02:44:27 PM »
I lasted 1:33. I'd sooner listen to fingernails on a blackboard.

But I will get a second opinion from my 15 year old and get back to y'all.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

hemm

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 05:01:12 PM »
22 seconds.

No Mas.

She sucks.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 05:21:01 PM »
22 seconds.

No Mas.

She sucks.

Aw, c'mon Hemm. ya gotta listen at least to where she says, "partyin', partyin', fun-fun-fun-fun...."
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Miltrainer

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 06:49:55 PM »
That was pure torture. I would rather get hit with CS gas again before listening to that for a second time.
OK......someone help me out. What the heck was that 30 year old rapper doing in the video? Kind of looked perved to me.
I mean...Please!!!!! You have a bunch of teeny boppers dancing with braces then they cut to some thirty something guy rappin in his cruiser.
I'm just sayin......

On a side note, she sounds like a female version of Johnny Bravo...
You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 07:00:57 PM »
Ok, just in case anyone's interested - and to answer miltrainer's question. The Black rapper dude is a producer. Apparently he and his recording studio partner have set up a package deal for parents who want to invest in a full-blown recording session/video-shoot/promo package for their kids. The producers write and record the music, and the teens sing the lyrics.

This girl, Rebecca Black had this ridiculously bubble-gummy pop song placed on YouTube, and within days, she's got about 18,000,000 views and counting - mostly by word-of-mouth on social media - and as of yesterday, this song was the #54 best selling song on iTunes, probably higher today.

In our fame = celebrity culture, this torturous little melody is gonna make her famous, even if it is only for 15 minutes.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 07:11:54 PM »
Okay, but that's it all it gets, 15 minutes.

In the meantime, I'm hijackin' yer Friday thread.

Little River Band - Reminiscing - Soundstage 1981
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »
Someone needs to pull her aside and tell her that she has no talent.

I had to keep looking but no, she didn't have a clothespin on her nose while she was "singing."

(Aw c'mon, trap...you have to say something positive about her song. Don't be so critical.)

Oh, alright. If we ever have another big siege/standoff where some really nasty and violent thugs are holed up inside a compound then we can loop this at an extremely loud volume level until they crawl outside with blood streaming from their eardrums begging us to shut it off. It might even work to ward off space aliens, vampires and werewolves.

So there, it may have its uses.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 07:28:49 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 07:30:25 PM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

hemm

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 07:32:04 PM »
22 seconds.

No Mas.

She sucks.

Aw, c'mon Hemm. ya gotta listen at least to where she says, "partyin', partyin', fun-fun-fun-fun...."

That would be a great big NEGATIVE.

I'd rather stick a hot sharp pointy salt covered stick in my ear.

her parents are pathetic.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 08:18:16 PM »

It like sucks dude, no body piercings, no tattoos, no semi nudity, no vulgarity, no girl on girl or even girl on guy, wow; it's really nowhere. These people are like geek you know. Totally.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:58:43 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 09:16:47 PM »

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 10:36:36 PM »
I didn't care either way about her song. But now it starts the victim bullsh*t and the mean crap.I can't take it. They put themselves out there and what did they think was going to happen.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 11:08:37 PM »
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 08:39:18 AM »
10 secs for me. As soon as I heard the format, I vurped and tuned it off quickly.
Now my Saturday is of course ruined, thanks alot. ::bashing::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 10:43:19 AM »
For some reason I don't believe that the Buckinghams are really playing their instruments.  Note that the "drummer" is obscured as much as possible by the lead singer.

OK, there's a closeup of a pair of hands playing an organ solo, but there's no evidence linking those hands to the person whose hands are concealed behind the box that may or may not be an organ.

The horn section must have been just out of the shot off to one side.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 11:23:57 AM »

Video and audio, back then for sure, is not done at the same time.  They do each separately then the engineer/producers put them together.  If it's live it's done as what is referred to today as lip sink.  Live performance, actual, was rare.

The "set" would necessarily have to be as secure as a recording booth.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 11:32:18 AM »
I wasn'r ever going to post this next guy probably because none of you have ever heard of him,but I'm posting this one because I went to high school with him in Montreal.

GINO VANELLI (Live) - Brother To Brother
 Filippo Mazzie