Author Topic: Abomination performed "quietly" on military base  (Read 757 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Abomination performed "quietly" on military base
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 11:40:31 AM »
   The ceremony was conducted about three weeks ago by a chaplain for the Disciples of Christ, according to Ron Crews, executive director for the Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty.

“It was kept quiet,” Crews told Fox News Radio. He said the service was conducted in the military chapel, under the authorization of the chaplain’s denomination.

So if the same-sex ceremony was approved by the military – why the outrage?

“It raises the issue that Louisiana is a state that has a clear definition of marriage,” Crews said. “By allowing this on military installations, this means that chaplains in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq could conduct same sex ceremonies like this. How will this look to our coalition partners who do not approve of same sex unions?”

I do not give a rat's "how it looks" to the 'slims.  I care because LA has a law against this.  I don't care whether "papers" were filed or not; it's a violation of the spirit if not the letter of the law.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 11:59:58 AM »
Good God. How will it loom to our coalition partners who don't approve of same sex marriage? What about the law? What about your frikking American "partners" who do not approve?

::gaah::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 12:06:40 PM »
My basic impulse is to tell them to take their faggot "marriage" and shove it up their azzes, but upon further reflection I wouldn't want to do anything that would give them pleasure.  :o